January 23, 2018, 04:28:20 AM

Author Topic: Moshiri  (Read 11910 times)

November 25, 2017, 06:33:05 PM
Reply #165

Rodenplav64

Let's not even try to pretend for 1 second that Moshiri was wrong to sack Martinez

You got 15 likes for something I didn't say so let me clarify . I liked Martinez but think he had to go . My point was and is for better or worse Moshiri took the decision to sack him which I believe Kenwright would not have done . Likewise Koeman who was his No1 target to replace Martinez . Both show he is capable of making hard decisions that Kenwright may have rightly or wrongly shirked . We had in Moyes a Manager who would have been sacked ( as he has been since ) by plenty of chairmen for his poor starts most seasons . I think we have to get used to sacking our Manager every couple of seasons as they will obviously fail to fulfil the ambitions of our chairman if he fails to recruit the right DOF or whoever buys the players . I for one have never understood buying a player a Manager doesn't want . It leads to square pegs being fitted into round holes and you end up like we are now . Utter shite and worse than when Martinez was ( rightly ) sacked .
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 06:34:18 PM by Rodenplav64 »

November 25, 2017, 06:37:59 PM
Reply #166

toffee_scot

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/24/everton-owner-caretaker-david-unsworth-farhad-moshiri

Unsworth might want to check that Duncan Ferguson is still part of his coaching staff, otherwise he might have just been transferred to Newcastle.

November 25, 2017, 06:46:18 PM
Reply #167

toffee_scot

I for one have never understood buying a player a Manager doesn't want . It leads to square pegs being fitted into round holes and you end up like we are now . Utter shite and worse than when Martinez was ( rightly ) sacked .

Koeman endorsed every signing that was brought in this summer including Klaassen, Rooney, Sigurdsson and Vlasic who all traditionally play in a number 10 role and he tried to shoehorn many of them into his team selections each week. If the story is true then he also had the power to reject the recommendation to sign Belfodil from Standard Liege last January.

November 25, 2017, 07:13:44 PM
Reply #168

arteta4spain

It's a shame that Moshiri hasn't been given even half the slack Kenwright has had. Moshiri has put more investment into our club in just over one year than Bill and the rest of them put in, in over sixteen years. Yes he's made mistakes but didn't the previous regime ? Three failed ground moves for a start.
Thatís a valid point and you canít really argue with that. I think all it shows is that money talks and always will. If Bill had the clout and contacts that Moshiri has do you think weíd still be at Goodison Park?
Donít get me wrong Moshiri is an obvious benefit to the club but for me Iíd rather he took a back seat in the public eye. But he can do what he wants as heís the majority shareholder.
Bill wonít rock the boat as heíd fear Moshiri would walk and weíd be in the shit. I donít think Moshiri is a megalomaniac, but, I get the feeling heís not one to cross and Bill wonít as I said rock the boat.
But he does have to be held accountable from the get go when he became the majority shareholder. We canít pussy foot saying oh heís loaded itíll be fine heís got the finances to dig us out of the mess. Has he? To me ok heís done the ground work for the stadium and other stuff outside of the pitch so to speak.
But the team is suffering and I feel like he doesnít understand that. Maybe he does Iíll wait and see. Think Kenwright has brought him in solely for the stadium build and hasnít really seen what heíd be like in terms of running a football club.

November 25, 2017, 07:22:54 PM
Reply #169

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
The truth is none of us know what goes on behind the scenes, I doubt any of us have run a multi million pound business or looked to build a new stadium. I further doubt that many have knowledge of the professional game beyond watching our team, watching TV pundits and reading the press.
What we have are opinions based on ignorance and guesswork, the ability to twist someone else's money into being 'ours' and great imaginations.
Forums are great places to mentally 'step back' and watch a slightly surreal world float past. Long may they flourish! 😊
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

November 25, 2017, 07:28:05 PM
Reply #170

TheTone

We won't really have a chance to take off until big Usmanov or someone of his level of wealth buys the club

November 25, 2017, 07:29:53 PM
Reply #171

Bluedylan

The truth is none of us know what goes on behind the scenes, I doubt any of us have run a multi million pound business or looked to build a new stadium. I further doubt that many have knowledge of the professional game beyond watching our team, watching TV pundits and reading the press.
What we have are opinions based on ignorance and guesswork, the ability to twist someone else's money into being 'ours' and great imaginations.
Forums are great places to mentally 'step back' and watch a slightly surreal world float past. Long may they flourish! 😊

I think it's possible to extrapolate that things aren't being run well behind the scenes based upon the available evidence we do have a) transfers, b) poor communications (using Jim White as a mouthpiece), (c) sacking a manger with no alternative in mind etc etc.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 25, 2017, 07:37:28 PM
Reply #172

School of Science

Not for me personally.

Iím a strictly zero slack man from now on, kenwright, Moshiri, anyone. Top class management or face the jury asap.

If that's your stance fine mate it's up to you, be interesting to see the poll for the last manager, ( where Koeman was ejected )can't swear to it but if memories fail me, I'm sure he was the most voted for ). No one on here could have predicted the spectacular failure of Koeman after last year's relative success. Partnered by Steve Walsh it was heralded on here and many other EFC fan sites at the time as a dream team. His mistake was to sack Koeman without having a replacement lined up, I'll give you that, but lots on here, myself included wanted Koeman out even sooner. But he is the chairman and the buck stops with him, like Kenwright before him.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 25, 2017, 07:43:06 PM
Reply #173

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I think it's possible to extrapolate that things aren't being run well behind the scenes based upon the available evidence we do have a) transfers, b) poor communications (using Jim White as a mouthpiece), (c) sacking a manger with no alternative in mind etc etc.
You can draw that conclusion I agree, but how it gets to this point, who did what, who didn't do what, who pressured who etc is what we don't know and without that all we can say with certainty is that, at the moment, things are wrong.
Everything else we express an opinion on is total guesswork including how the club sorts it.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

November 25, 2017, 10:19:58 PM
Reply #174

Evertonian in NC

"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 25, 2017, 11:23:32 PM
Reply #175

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Rumours Walsh and Elstone under the hammer.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 25, 2017, 11:55:57 PM
Reply #176

arteta4spain

Elstone? Whatís he got to do with this turmoil?

November 26, 2017, 12:01:16 AM
Reply #177

Alanvideo

..............Might be difficult (and expensive ) .Elstone's on the board as well as being CEO . 
We are special ,we are Everton.

November 26, 2017, 01:03:34 AM
Reply #178

Smingers

Elstone? Whatís he got to do with this turmoil?

The fact we don't know is the point. I've never liked the smug git. Sooner we have a clear out of the board members the better

November 26, 2017, 01:09:39 AM
Reply #179

bluenuck

It's a shame that Moshiri hasn't been given even half the slack Kenwright has had. Moshiri has put more investment into our club in just over one year than Bill and the rest of them put in, in over sixteen years. Yes he's made mistakes but didn't the previous regime ? Three failed ground moves for a start.

We're in an instant gratification era. With everything. Not just sports. If anything people are going to get less patient.

It's all a bit mental. People believing every short list they see, or every rumour they read, or some random guy on Twitter telling a story about Schniederlin. It's on the internet so it must be true...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 02:29:44 AM by bluenuck »