January 21, 2018, 07:06:19 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce in Everton talks  (Read 19393 times)

November 29, 2017, 05:11:15 PM
Reply #585

everton1952

All the shite and hate spouted on here for several weeks could have been  avoided if the voice of NSNO had been heeded by the club. Many foreign names have been suggested by knowledgeable people, all of them suitable for the plumb Everton job, and apparently all dying to come. Nothing happened. We could have saved all this unpleasantness and stayed with the popular Unsworth. One writer opened the Unsworth  thread saying "I love this guy".   Unsie is so nice, cuddly, honest, endearing, loyal, all the qualities not applicable to Big Sam, and would work for nothing if asked. It might have taken Unsie  2 years to get the 40 pts,  but although fat like Sam, at least he was never sacked by England and would prefer Ebbrell  as his assistant rather than a former shite man named Lee. All points in Unsie's favour. Come on Bill. If you pick Big Sam, some on NSNO might never go to a match again (or in some cases never turn the TV on again).

November 29, 2017, 05:15:18 PM
Reply #586

dax78

New club moto

Sed Satis Est Infra Quod Average

If you believe this should be our motto only now, then what have you been watching for the last 28 years.
Think its time to bin off all this Allardyce bashing, and get on board with it, like it or not, its happening.
I support, have always supported, and will continue to support, Everton Football club, not the manager or coach or chairman, or owner, but Everton FC. This will not change.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 05:16:24 PM by dax78 »
Hans segers is a legend ;)

November 29, 2017, 05:16:19 PM
Reply #587

Cereal Killer

It didn't have to be that way tho
That's what's annoying
Big wide world out there

"But but but it's full of Johnny Foreigner who won't have a clue about English football as it is completely different to how they play everywhere else in the world, so they'd bound to get us relegated....."

:headbang: :bonk:

November 29, 2017, 05:20:47 PM
Reply #588

Macca77

If you believe this should be our motto only now, then what have you been watching for the last 28 years.
Think its time to bin off all this Allardyce bashing, and get on board with it, like it or not, its happening.
I support, have always supported, and will continue to support, Everton Football club, not the manager or coach or chairman, or owner, but Everton FC. This will not change.

At the moment it should be, the board have showed their lack of ambition here big style, a huge backward step.

November 29, 2017, 05:22:32 PM
Reply #589

Dr. Sponge

I wanted Allardyce in a few weeks ago, because I saw how bad we were. Under Koeman and then Unsworth.

And since then we've gotten worse. We're getting absolutely battered, not just lingering mid-table.

It's very worrying and Allardyce is the closest you can get to guaranteed improvement.

If we were a little higher in the table or looked a little more assured in performances, we could afford a slightly riskier appointment. "Progressive" as some people have said... I don't like using that word but I get what they mean. An attacking philosophy. Although right now we just need pragmatism and some strong leadership.

But Sammy Lee... fuck sake, there has to be another option.

November 29, 2017, 05:23:34 PM
Reply #590

dax78

At the moment it should be, the board have showed their lack of ambition here big style, a huge backward step.

Yes, but average is what we have been for the past 3 decades, that has not been altered by this appointment alone, as you suggest.
Hans segers is a legend ;)

November 29, 2017, 05:23:49 PM
Reply #591

Lazarou

Why should I get on board with it? I don't agree with it.

This man and his cronies should have nothing to do with my club.

November 29, 2017, 05:24:58 PM
Reply #592

sam of the south

I reckon that any manager that is coveted decided not to touch us with a bargepole, currently.

Hopefully if we avoid relegation (we should, especially when we get some reinforcements in in January) we will look far more attractive come the summer.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 29, 2017, 05:26:01 PM
Reply #593

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Announcement imminent

Simply simply lovely

November 29, 2017, 05:29:33 PM
Reply #594

Waltzer

All the shite and hate spouted on here for several weeks could have been  avoided if the voice of NSNO had been heeded by the club. Many foreign names have been suggested by knowledgeable people, all of them suitable for the plumb Everton job, and apparently all dying to come. Nothing happened. We could have saved all this unpleasantness and stayed with the popular Unsworth. One writer opened the Unsworth  thread saying "I love this guy".   Unsie is so nice, cuddly, honest, endearing, loyal, all the qualities not applicable to Big Sam, and would work for nothing if asked. It might have taken Unsie  2 years to get the 40 pts,  but although fat like Sam, at least he was never sacked by England and would prefer Ebbrell  as his assistant rather than a former shite man named Lee. All points in Unsie's favour. Come on Bill. If you pick Big Sam, some on NSNO might never go to a match again (or in some cases never turn the TV on again).

Struggling to understand what you're going on about tbh but are you saying you'd prefer to get relegated with Unsworth and Ebbrell than stay up with Allardyce and Lee.
Exactly what points in Unsies favour, hes been an absolute car crash and were in a much worst mess now than we were when he took over, hence the reason our hand has been forced

November 29, 2017, 05:37:30 PM
Reply #595

Macca77

November 29, 2017, 05:37:30 PM
Reply #596

Waltzer

I wanted Allardyce in a few weeks ago, because I saw how bad we were. Under Koeman and then Unsworth.

And since then we've gotten worse. We're getting absolutely battered, not just lingering mid-table.

It's very worrying and Allardyce is the closest you can get to guaranteed improvement.

If we were a little higher in the table or looked a little more assured in performances, we could afford a slightly riskier appointment. "Progressive" as some people have said... I don't like using that word but I get what they mean. An attacking philosophy. Although right now we just need pragmatism and some strong leadership.

But Sammy Lee... fuck sake, there has to be another option.

I dont think things are that bad, and nothing any manager worth his salt couldn't rectify, plus the addition of a striker of course.

The irony is teams like Spurs and Liverpool aren't saying they're out of the title hunt yet were closer in points to them than they are to City, a win tonight and were level with the team in 12th position, despite this season being an absolute car crash, we had an horrendous set of fixtures at the beginning with some very winable games coming up and in 2 weeks things could look a whole lot different.

My only regret is that Unsworth has been so poor, if there was even a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel under him we wouldnt appoint Sam, does that make it right, no from me, but we are where we are and there isnt much any of us can do to stop it so we might as well try to enjoy the journey!

November 29, 2017, 05:38:18 PM
Reply #597

Lxxx

I suspect Allardyce doesn't give a shit what any fan thinks. This is one last big payday, biggest of his career, and he's going to milk it for all it's worth. He's not stupid, much as the media might sometimes give that impression, and he'll know he won't be a popular choice within his own boardroom let alone the fanbase but he's not arsed.
To curry favour with fans he could have omitted Sammy Lee from his staff due to the obvious conflicts and history but he won't because he doesn't need to. We've rolled over and asked him to tickle our collective belly while furnishing him with a fistful of gold coins.

I reckon it'll be a rollercoaster of cheers and jeers and much as I hate to admit it he'll probably give us our best result against the shite for many a year due to his thoroughness of preparation and pragmatic approach.

November 29, 2017, 05:42:48 PM
Reply #598

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

November 29, 2017, 05:43:53 PM
Reply #599

Macca77

You can almost smell the gravy