October 19, 2018, 02:47:41 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce appointment marks new low point in Everton history  (Read 14364 times)

November 29, 2017, 11:52:44 PM
Reply #120

Lxxx

He's often complained he has been overlooked for bigger jobs, this is his only chance to prove everyone (and that include the majority of us) completely wrong. That's what I am clutching at.

I know. This is about as good as it gets for him and his band of merry men. There's the platform Sam, the floor is yours.

November 30, 2017, 12:00:32 AM
Reply #121

toffee_scot

Doesn't really make sense.

Whenever you change a manager it brings a change of style.

Moyes to Martinez is just as big a change as Martinez to Allardyce. In fact probably bigger when you consider the transition via Koeman.

If you're changing manager it's often an admission things haven't gone well. So the last thing you try and do is replicate the precious managers style.

Of course every manager is different and will apply different tactics relative to the previous manager, but some only need to tweak a few things within an existing football framework whilst some demand a complete overhaul.

The benefit of the former scenario is you should have most of the players to implement the new manager's slightly revised system and might only need 2-3 players in the next transfer window to improve general play. The scouting team at the club might have already found the right targets to fit into the new manager's system.

The problem with the latter scenario where the new manager demands a complete overhaul of the football philosophy at the club is they have to work with the existing players at their disposal who could very well be ill suited to implement their vision and when it comes to transfer window time, that manager will want to bring several of their own kind of players which could risk upsetting further team spirit.

Martinez actually did well at the beginning of his time at Everton because he practically improved on the solid if unspectacular formula that David Moyes had left behind but I feel his biggest error was deviating too much away by the end of the first season, we'd been known before for being strong defensively but by the last 2 seasons of the Martinez era we were every opposition striker's dream to play against especially on the counter attack and set pieces.

Everton used to talk about the "School of Science". What on earth is that supposed to be and why hasn't that been used as a framework to direct our football and staff recruitment?

November 30, 2017, 12:01:16 AM
Reply #122

Bwana

No it doesn't. He's now in control of one of the most prestigeous English clubs. He's the ex-England manager who blew it big time with his own actions. He has a point to prove.

Clutching these-ones. But standing behind him.

COYB!
Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games.

November 30, 2017, 12:11:10 AM
Reply #123

Seahawk

I just can't get my head around Sammy Lee sitting in our dugout and screaming instructions from the touchline. I don't care if he is a good, bad or indifferent coach. This is just fuckin awful. This should not be allowed under any circumstances....ANY!
I only drink 2 times a year.  When it's my birthday and when it's not.

November 30, 2017, 12:12:42 AM
Reply #124

toffeeglas

November 30, 2017, 12:14:58 AM
Reply #125

toffee_scot

I just can't get my head around Sammy Lee sitting in our dugout and screaming instructions from the touchline.

It's going to confuse the shit out of people when it comes to the game at Anfield soon.

November 30, 2017, 12:16:52 AM
Reply #126

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
A positive

A both Sunderland and palace he signed players in January that made a massive difference to their seasons.

November 30, 2017, 12:18:17 AM
Reply #127

Cereal Killer

So how many games has he got to fix it? We don't have the players to suit his normal style, will he suddenly make Martina & Williams able to defend? I doubt it

(H) Huddersfield
(A) Apollon
(A) Liverpool
(A) Newcastle
(H) Swansea
(H) Chelsea
(A) West Brom
(A) Bournemouth

November 30, 2017, 01:47:22 AM
Reply #128

BlueForYou

All those who wanted Koeman sacked, how do you feel now?

Better, worse or no different?

Still celebrating?

Sam's your man!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 30, 2017, 01:48:14 AM
Reply #129

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
All those who wanted Koeman sacked, how do you feel now?

Better, worse or no different?

Still celebrating?

Sam's your man!
I wanted koeman sacked
He was broken.

How I feel now has fuck all to do with sacking koeman tho
Simply simply lovely

November 30, 2017, 01:51:16 AM
Reply #131

Bluedylan

I'll never get behind this shit. Good luck to the people trying (and struggling) desperately to justify it to themselves.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 30, 2017, 01:52:35 AM
Reply #132

Macca77

November 30, 2017, 01:58:15 AM
Reply #133

KoemansNumberTens

I'll never get behind this shit. Good luck to the people trying (and struggling) desperately to justify it to themselves.

Never? What if he does well?

November 30, 2017, 02:00:31 AM
Reply #134

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.