December 19, 2017, 02:29:32 AM

Author Topic: Steven N'Zonzi  (Read 2734 times)

December 17, 2017, 10:09:06 AM
Reply #45

blue1948

Defensive midfielder. Great in the air, he's 6ft 5. Good control, and usually gets around 90% pass accuracy per season. He's not as mobile as the likes of Besic or Macarthy, bit as you said, they're pointless otherwise.
Love it not as mobile as Mcarthy well he must be in a wheelchair !

deCoubertin

December 17, 2017, 01:18:59 PM
Reply #46

bluenuck

Don't know much about him

But he doesn't really pan out in England as a DM then goes to Spain, where pretty much every team plays an open style of play, and he starts to shine.

Radamel Falcoa comes to mind...some guys are just meant for certain leagues, and not meant for others.

December 17, 2017, 05:57:10 PM
Reply #47

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Echo saying the same
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 17, 2017, 06:46:55 PM
Reply #48

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Don't know much about him

But he doesn't really pan out in England as a DM then goes to Spain, where pretty much every team plays an open style of play, and he starts to shine.

Radamel Falcoa comes to mind...some guys are just meant for certain leagues, and not meant for others.

You're right, you don't know much about him because he was very good in the premier league hence why he moved from Stoke to Sevilla. :)

December 17, 2017, 06:53:52 PM
Reply #49

SANA_DR0

wonder if Sevilla would swap him for Morgan Schneiderlin?
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

December 18, 2017, 03:43:32 AM
Reply #50

therealdunc

You're right, you don't know much about him because he was very good in the premier league hence why he moved from Stoke to Sevilla. :)

Exactly, he was stokes player of the year

The only reservation with him is he is a bit of a mercenary and has chased the money all his career.

Other reservation is he is past his peak and we are signing another player on big wages who we will struggle to move on.

Danger we keep getting these journeymen good players who are not quite good enough for a top 6 side are not likely to improve any more.
We have plenty of them at the moment and Nzonzi is not going to make a great deal of difference.

Much prefer younger hungrier players OR proven top 6 quality.
Nzonzi, much like bolasie, schnederlin, Keane, Klassen, Mirallas, Lennon, Sigurdsson, etc is a good player but not top 6 quality.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 03:47:19 AM by therealdunc »
Blue

December 18, 2017, 10:18:50 AM
Reply #51

bluenuck

I guess stokes player of the year back then passed me by...

But hey, let's go get him now.

December 18, 2017, 02:39:35 PM
Reply #52

Hawkandro

Sam has said we have a 32 man first team squad which is way too big. Nothing to worry about there; just the newspapers trying to drum-up worry.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

December 18, 2017, 04:08:12 PM
Reply #53

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sam has said we have a 32 man first team squad which is way too big. Nothing to worry about there; just the newspapers trying to drum-up worry.

Even the echo?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 18, 2017, 04:41:43 PM
Reply #54

Hawkandro

I would say so, yeah. We have far too many players. Some have to go.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:43:18 PM by Hawkandro »
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.