December 17, 2017, 11:56:32 AM

Author Topic: is it just me?  (Read 1684 times)

November 19, 2017, 03:48:03 AM
Reply #30

KoemansNumberTens

You really do sound like a total idiot when you post ,you accuse me of having an agenda -that is wrong ,now you are calling someone else Siggurdsson's son ! What is it you yourself are on here for ? Are you after my title of internet gladiator? My OP was about the total inundation of shite about and because of EFC and it still stands ,I have really had enough .If that is hard to understand then I am sorry but I am nevertheless entitled to air my opinions as you so rightly pointed out on at least one occasion as this is a forum fro such ,well let's say trivia .

An agenda? When did I accuse you of that? I just said if you didn't like the Everton topics being discussed on an Everton forum then just switch the bloody computer off. You seem to have got awfully mad about very little here.
I think you feel there's a war raging that really isn't. My advice would be to get a feel for a discussion from the title and not click on the 1s you don't fancy. You'll have a much better time that way

Oh and on Ari I accuse him of having an agenda. Feel he's maybe got a little issue with me saying we shouldn't sign Sigurdsson as he wasn't very good. Turns out I was right.

deCoubertin

November 19, 2017, 04:22:07 AM
Reply #31

therealdunc

Sigurdsson last season and for a fair few seasons now has had good stats compared to other premier league players, impressive when he was in a struggling team last season.

But so far for Everton he’s offered very little.

I get the impression he needs a team built around him much like Iceland do and Swansea did when they were at home against lesser teams.

Blue

November 19, 2017, 07:25:21 AM
Reply #32

ally2

Sigurdsson last season and for a fair few seasons now has had good stats compared to other premier league players, impressive when he was in a struggling team last season.

But so far for Everton he's offered very little.

I get the impression he needs a team built around him much like Iceland do and Swansea did when they were at home against lesser teams.

Cobblers. Sigurdsson is a quality player. He has shown that at club and international level for many years now. The club is in semi turmoil at the moment, the team is changing all the time and we will likely have a third manager soon for this season.  He isn't in good form but that will come. People just need to calm down and show some patience.

November 19, 2017, 09:53:58 PM
Reply #33

blue1948

An agenda? When did I accuse you of that? I just said if you didn't like the Everton topics being discussed on an Everton forum then just switch the bloody computer off. You seem to have got awfully mad about very little here.
I think you feel there's a war raging that really isn't. My advice would be to get a feel for a discussion from the title and not click on the 1s you don't fancy. You'll have a much better time that way

Oh and on Ari I accuse him of having an agenda. Feel he's maybe got a little issue with me saying we shouldn't sign Sigurdsson as he wasn't very good. Turns out I was right.
I am not annoyed or angry but you make things up to suit how want to word things ,you also misread for your own ends so let's say you start at the beginning of the thread and read it as it was written .

November 19, 2017, 10:09:23 PM
Reply #34

stirlingblue

Cobblers.

Have a like just for using that word

November 19, 2017, 11:58:18 PM
Reply #35

SANA_DR0

What's going on here?

someone said the moon really wasnt blue! and that it was red...

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

November 20, 2017, 05:25:12 AM
Reply #36

Ari

I'm sure you are Sigurdssons dad. I wasn't remotely offended just think it's daft coming on a forum moaning about people talking about Everton. He absolutely meant on the forum originally but Christ it's almost equally daft moaning about the press talking about us

Still what about your lad.... utterly shite isn't he. I did tell you

Is this really your best shot... hahaha :)

November 20, 2017, 05:29:22 AM
Reply #37

Ari

Feel he's maybe got a little issue with me saying we shouldn't sign Sigurdsson as he wasn't very good. Turns out I was right.

I don't got any issues with you my love ;)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 06:11:39 AM by Ari »

November 20, 2017, 05:59:31 AM
Reply #38

therealdunc

Cobblers. Sigurdsson is a quality player. He has shown that at club and international level for many years now. The club is in semi turmoil at the moment, the team is changing all the time and we will likely have a third manager soon for this season.  He isn't in good form but that will come. People just need to calm down and show some patience.

So which bit of my post was cobblers?

Has he been awful so far for Everton?
Yes

Has he had impressive stats over the past few years?
Yes

Do Iceland and did Swansea against lesser teams set the team up to maximise his ability?
Yes

So were is the cobblers?
Please don’t spread needless hatred and negativity, we need to stay united
Blue

November 20, 2017, 06:16:12 AM
Reply #39

Ari

Yes

Yes

Do Iceland and did Swansea against lesser teams set the team up to maximise his ability?
Yes

So were is the cobblers?
Please don’t spread needless hatred and negativity, we need to stay united

Yes we need to stay united and stay behind our players.  This is taken from the OS:

"Grafter Gylfi

There is much debate about the relevance of statistics in any walk of life. The value of crunching numbers in football, though, divides opinion to the nth degree.

So compelling was the data on Gylfi Sigurdsson when he joined Everton, it was impossible to ignore.

Perhaps we were not surprised to learn he had set up 26 Premier League goals in the past five seasons (the fifth highest total in the division during that period).

Nor did our eyebrows raise especially high on learning the seven free-kicks scored by the Icelander since 2011 outstripped the comparative total of any other player in England’s top-flight.

A raft of additional statistics further supported the view that this is one of the most gifted, imaginative players in the country… on the continent, in fact.

What did take everyone aback, was the discovery that Sigurdsson covered more ground than any of his Premier League counterparts last term.

And watching the 28-year-old at Selhurst Park, you could have been forgiven for thinking he had matched his 433km from 2016-17 in one afternoon of perpetual motion.

Sigurdsson was initially deployed behind Oumar Niasse but routinely forced to retreat and buttress the Toffees’ midfield stocks as Palace’s collection of nimble forwards went at their visitors hammer and tongs in search of three vital points.

After the break, Unsworth asked Sigurdsson to put in a shift in front of Leighton Baines on the Blues’ left – and he carried out his duties to the letter.

Sigurdsson repeatedly tracked back to aid Baines’ efforts to keep Palace at bay, willingly plugging gaps, sticking his foot in and generally doing all the horrible, unglamorous jobs that are non-negotiable if you are to come away from this type of match unscathed.

Crucially, none of this sapped the creativity from Sigurdsson’s legs – or indeed dulled his attacking intuition.

He was immediately on the scene when Idrissa Gana Gueye mugged Scott Dann shortly before the break, antennae plugged in and instantly weighting a precise pass for Niasse to race through and score.

And straight after the restart, it was Sigurdsson – making his 13th start for the Blues - who latched on to Baines’ clever pass down the left and teed up Calvert-Lewin for a terrific chance, which was ultimately repelled by Palace number one Julian Speroni."

November 20, 2017, 06:21:42 AM
Reply #40

Coyb12

Yes we need to stay united and stay behind our players.  This is taken from the OS:

"Grafter Gylfi

There is much debate about the relevance of statistics in any walk of life. The value of crunching numbers in football, though, divides opinion to the nth degree.

So compelling was the data on Gylfi Sigurdsson when he joined Everton, it was impossible to ignore.

Perhaps we were not surprised to learn he had set up 26 Premier League goals in the past five seasons (the fifth highest total in the division during that period).

Nor did our eyebrows raise especially high on learning the seven free-kicks scored by the Icelander since 2011 outstripped the comparative total of any other player in England’s top-flight.

A raft of additional statistics further supported the view that this is one of the most gifted, imaginative players in the country… on the continent, in fact.

What did take everyone aback, was the discovery that Sigurdsson covered more ground than any of his Premier League counterparts last term.

And watching the 28-year-old at Selhurst Park, you could have been forgiven for thinking he had matched his 433km from 2016-17 in one afternoon of perpetual motion.

Sigurdsson was initially deployed behind Oumar Niasse but routinely forced to retreat and buttress the Toffees’ midfield stocks as Palace’s collection of nimble forwards went at their visitors hammer and tongs in search of three vital points.

After the break, Unsworth asked Sigurdsson to put in a shift in front of Leighton Baines on the Blues’ left – and he carried out his duties to the letter.

Sigurdsson repeatedly tracked back to aid Baines’ efforts to keep Palace at bay, willingly plugging gaps, sticking his foot in and generally doing all the horrible, unglamorous jobs that are non-negotiable if you are to come away from this type of match unscathed.

Crucially, none of this sapped the creativity from Sigurdsson’s legs – or indeed dulled his attacking intuition.

He was immediately on the scene when Idrissa Gana Gueye mugged Scott Dann shortly before the break, antennae plugged in and instantly weighting a precise pass for Niasse to race through and score.

And straight after the restart, it was Sigurdsson – making his 13th start for the Blues - who latched on to Baines’ clever pass down the left and teed up Calvert-Lewin for a terrific chance, which was ultimately repelled by Palace number one Julian Speroni."
That's easy for you to say.

November 20, 2017, 01:46:30 PM
Reply #41

ally2

Yes

Yes

Yes

So were is the cobblers?
Please don't spread needless hatred and negativity, we need to stay united

The bit where you get the impression he needs a team being built around him. This attacks his quality as a player which, for me, is not in doubt at all. It seems to be based on the fact that he isn't tearing it up for us. There are a lot of mitigating circumstances for that. The main one being that we don't really have decent settled striker at the club. But that aside, his career so far indicates that this period is a blip, so it could very easily be just a dip in form, nothing more.

November 21, 2017, 03:00:53 AM
Reply #42

Ari

That's easy for you to say.

It´s not so hard... repeat after me - Coyb12 - "We need to stay united and stay behind our players."