July 27, 2017, 05:46:35 AM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
The Everton Forum / Re: Summer Spending
« Last post by blueToffee on 39 seconds ago »
What would that be? Not trying to be arsey like just want to know what people feel he brought to the team last season.

It's a fair question.

Personally I'd say the ability to set up opportunities from open play (yes he chose the wrong option a fair bit, or was slow to choose BUT I think the stats to back up that he created a lot too even with those issues) and to have the option at least of a player who'd be able to drive forward with the ball too (although he was not used that way a lot last year, at least centrally). He is/was pretty good at holding the ball up in tight spaces too.
The Everton Forum / Re: Ross Barkley
« Last post by Juanito on 1 minute ago »
Wherever he ends up, I hope he kickstarts his career.

It's funny that people always talk about his potential in terms of how he fits in a forward attacking midfield role, yet possibly the best game he had for us was against QPR where he sat for most of the game in front of the defence alongside Besic, when almost everything ran through him.

Flashes of brilliance. QPR were a shambles that year and bordering on unprofessional, which made it a bit easier for him. It's the games when the pressure is on and anxiety is high, he can freeze. The derby at Anfield last season was a prime example.
Some of you guys are fucking mental.

Let me spell this out to you:
We are never, ever, ever going to win the league cup.

Put it out of your minds.
What if.. league suspended for WWIII. As a show of solidarity, the league cup is run on a voluntary basis. All teams not from Merseyside have chicken out, we beat Tranmere in a single round to claim the title.

Of course this assumes that Tranmere manage to win promotion before WWIII.

The shite of course will have relocated and joined a Norwegian league by then in order to be closer to their fanbase.
The Everton Forum / Re: Ross Barkley
« Last post by Trowel on 11 minutes ago »
Wherever he ends up, I hope he kickstarts his career.

It's funny that people always talk about his potential in terms of how he fits in a forward attacking midfield role, yet possibly the best game he had for us was against QPR where he sat for most of the game in front of the defence alongside Besic, when almost everything ran through him.

The Everton Forum / Re: James Collins
« Last post by sam of the south on 12 minutes ago »
Those are the ones we took - all the naughtiest to teach them a lesson hahaha

Haha, serves them right!

What a deterent 😂👍🏼
« Last post by School of Science on 13 minutes ago »
Would hope were aiming higher than that. Needed a tonic after the Barkley news, not a Gin and tonic.
« Last post by Brownie20 on 14 minutes ago »
That is a great gesture, respect to him 👍🏼

Poor kids though, Stoke v West Ham! 😁

Bet they would've preferred detention 😂 

Those are the ones we took - all the naughtiest to teach them a lesson hahaha
The Everton Forum / Realistic expectations for the new season
« Last post by MrWhite on 15 minutes ago »
Only teams not looking notably stronger to me are Tottenham and the shite and I think we're light years away from both and both of their managers you have to say are rated.

We'll need some calamitous stuff from the big boys to get higher than 7th.

Koeman has to do better in the cups this year. Has to.
I think Klopp, like Koeman, has a pivotal season ahead. His reputation and personality have kept him floating now, and the attacking verve has shielded him from too much flack over the extremely ropey defence. Sound like anyone we used to know? No, I'm not suggesting he is a fraud, but it's very fine margins for top four, Chelsea and City have amazing teams, Mourinho always wins the league within two seasons in a job.. so even excluding us that's 3 into one, both with better squads and star players. He needs to make progress when he will probably find it hard to stay still.

Poch is rated, but his team has bottled it at least twice at big moments in the season. And their Wembley form is a question mark. And would he be as rated at the moment if he didn't strike gold by luck when Harry Kane emerged? Not saying he's not very damn good, just that he hasn't really achieved that much compared to previous Spurs managers. Somewhat better in the league than Redknapp, but worse in CL. Both had a game changer they didn't buy. I don't rate Redknapp. I do think Poch is better but not as godlike as many seem to see. Klopp may be all style too.. we shall see.
Wenger's lucky bastard status expired last April.
« Last post by sam of the south on 15 minutes ago »
When Tony Pulis (another ex-pupil) was manager of Stoke he came to our presentation night and gave 60 tickets to the kids and staff for a game against West Ham and they got to meet the players after.

That is a great gesture, respect to him 👍🏼

Poor kids though, Stoke v West Ham! 😁

Bet they would've preferred detention 😂 
« Last post by Brownie20 on 17 minutes ago »
Haha, that is one hell of a silver lining to cling to there, Brownie 😁

When Tony Pulis (another ex-pupil) was manager of Stoke he came to our presentation night and gave 60 tickets to the kids and staff for a game against West Ham and they got to meet the players after.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10