December 16, 2017, 01:25:13 PM

Author Topic: Moyes Return Linked  (Read 3819 times)

October 22, 2017, 04:09:01 PM
Reply #15

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I'm in just to witness the fume.

deCoubertin

October 22, 2017, 04:35:29 PM
Reply #16

Rodenplav64

I would sooner keep Koeman . Actually I would sooner have Roberto .

October 22, 2017, 04:35:43 PM
Reply #17

Simon Paul

Administrator
As long as there's a hole in my arse I will never watch an Everton team managed by that utter coward again.

October 22, 2017, 04:46:40 PM
Reply #18

Gumpinio

This thread has made me think, for the first time in a long time, we are really going to be in a relegation battle  shakeyheadman
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

October 22, 2017, 04:49:16 PM
Reply #19

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It's like some peoples forget he's been sacked three times since he left us.

October 22, 2017, 04:57:05 PM
Reply #20

Macca77

Id rather rub rough sandpaper over my bellend, that would be far less painful than seeing that twat back here

October 22, 2017, 05:22:50 PM
Reply #21

everton1952

Is the source as good as mine which says Wagner of Huddersfield and Silva of Watford are top of our shortlist? It will be revealed next week with Silva ahead. The Moyes link is rubbish, unlike mine which comes straight out from  the front lobe of my crystal ball. Imagine two krauts managing on Merseyside!

October 22, 2017, 05:29:12 PM
Reply #22

eyesalwaysblue

Can we really be considering stuff like this, hope it's just paper shite.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 22, 2017, 05:30:22 PM
Reply #23

everton1952

Of course it is shite, that is what makes it fun (for some).

October 22, 2017, 05:31:15 PM
Reply #24

Everton Mint

I agree never go back, but I cant believe the nasty negativity on Moyes.

So he tried to get a couple of our players when he went to Man U. That's what a lot of managers do, as they are the players they know well and trust.

Given the jobs the following manager's have done, and with £millions more to spend, I think the job Moyes did at Everton deserves him some respect at least.

In 11 years: 4th, 5th twice, 6th twice and 7th three times.

October 22, 2017, 05:35:02 PM
Reply #25

BlueBeagle

In 11 years: 4th, 5th twice, 6th twice and 7th three times.

Whilst never winning a single game away from home (or even trying to for that matter) against a big club.

October 22, 2017, 05:51:36 PM
Reply #26

Macca77

Whilst never winning a single game away from home (or even trying to for that matter) against a big club.

We got out alive though

October 22, 2017, 05:55:56 PM
Reply #27

Toddacelli

Never go back.

Going back to my ex resulted in a horrible divorce.

Even when we went back to Howard Kendal (RIP) it didn't work. In these situations you have to put it down to experience and move forward. Always forward. Never back.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 22, 2017, 06:03:52 PM
Reply #28

bacon sarnie

I think a lot of Evertonians forget what a shit hawk he was when he went to Man U then thought he could come in with an embarrassingly low offer for Baines , he doesn’t give a fuck about Everton

Baby don't fear the Reaper........

October 22, 2017, 06:05:09 PM
Reply #29

AllyBlue14

Moyes has been been the most 'successful' (without ever winning anything) manager in my time supporting Everton. Brought stability when we needed it, put together our best squad in recent years on a shoestring and made us a fixture in the upper echelons of the table. He did a lot of good for us and I shudder to think where we'd have been without him.

His game plan was effective - if a little stodgy at times - but built around the unit. It's clear to me how much Lukaku, and perhaps to a lesser extent Barkley, papered over the cracks of the Martinez and Koeman philosophies. Most things will look good if you have a 20-goal-a-season striker knocking them in, but we saw on Lukaku's quiet days the frailty of the systems.

And now we're paying the price for failing to bring in either a target man and/or any kind of pace option (and a reluctance to use those we do have).

All this said, however, Moyes lost a lot of respect with the 'get out alive' and 'holding back their careers' comments. No-one could really begrudge him his move to United, but his attitude after left a lot to be desired.

Plus, I think the game has moved on from his style a little bit. Perhaps it's harsh to judge him on his time at United, Real Sociedad and Sunderland (enormous, unrealistic expectations after Ferguson - completely different league, obviously a duck out of water - sinking ship, which ambitious players would want to join Sunderland?). But I don't think the 4-1-4-1 formation is currently used to great effect any more in the PL.

I still think he could do a job at a well-run, mid-table club and improve their fortunes. To many outsiders, that is what Everton are at the moment, and given his affiliation in the past, it's not an unreasonable shout. I'd probably take him over Koeman right now. But I think most of us would agree it'd be a massive backwards step and there are other options we'd be better off pursuing.