1 (2%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Pienaar! (Sub)
2 (3.9%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Manchester City v Everton  (Read 36544 times)

January 14, 2016, 05:15:19 AM
Reply #495

stirlingblue

It was very bizarre today cos we needed pace outlet or defensive cover
Kone offers neither

Only thing I can think of is that Kone gives us more presence defending set pieces than Mirallas/Lennon/Oviedo

January 14, 2016, 05:22:39 AM
Reply #496

GrantyBoy78

Yeah I don't really understand the subs.

I just want to get past these difficult games and start putting some wins behind us. We play with the same level of defensive intensity and organisation, combined with our ability to get goals, surely we'll start climbing the table in no time.

If we get through to the final, fantastic. But it's not make or break for me. We need to climb the table first and foremost, and establish the style we are going to play.
For the foreseeable future, cups are all we can challenge for so getting to the final IS make or break, for me.

January 14, 2016, 05:26:45 AM
Reply #497

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Had a weird night amongst the city fans. Stadium half empty at kick off due to a fucking car on the tram line to Ashton.  Thought we did great first half but sat back waaaay too much second half and seemed to be waiting to give them the game.

Some great defending blocks and I thought Howard had a great game.

Was right at the corner where they had a stonewall penalty disallowed - you should have heard the citeh fans when they realised the ref hadn't given a penalty, magic!

I was as far away as I was at Newcastle from the Everton fans, but whereas the noisy end of Geordies drowned out the Everton fans, here all you could here was the chants of the evertonians! Citeh fans are shit. Everton fans are awesome.

Gotta say the Etihad is a fucking lovely stadium mind, great facilities and awesome padded seats.

But took me 15 minutes longer to get back to my Manchester home from this game than it takes me to get home from games at Goodison. Stupid trams.

Also met Trevor Sinclair outside the ground. Erm, woot.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 05:29:02 AM by NomadskiEFC »
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 14, 2016, 05:35:57 AM
Reply #498

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
For the foreseeable future, cups are all we can challenge for so getting to the final IS make or break, for me.

I really hope we do make it to the final, that would be amazing, but it's not like if the favourites beat us at home in the second leg we can really fume that much. Unless the team selection is bad or whatever.

Plus, I'm a bit worried about the final already because I don't think I could handle the media klopp wankathon, and frankly i think we'd flap it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 05:37:41 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 14, 2016, 06:32:10 AM
Reply #499

Redartin

Now that Pienaar is fit again do you think he will become "cock of the north" in the coming weeks?

January 14, 2016, 06:38:06 AM
Reply #500

Evertonian in NC

It's not about making the final (especially against the fucking shite) we have to WIN IT.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 14, 2016, 07:12:49 AM
Reply #501

chang

Seen it now .... if that was up the other end there is not one person on here who would not of smashed their internet device in rage...............  the ref must of blinked right then ! But to be fair no dummy throwing from Sterling.

Great point for us, but the KM pen shout last week and tonight's not given either..... is a worry with one very important game with them to go!

January 14, 2016, 02:33:46 PM
Reply #502

GrantyBoy78

Seen it now .... if that was up the other end there is not one person on here who would not of smashed their internet device in rage...............  the ref must of blinked right then ! But to be fair no dummy throwing from Sterling.

Great point for us, but the KM pen shout last week and tonight's not given either..... is a worry with one very important game with them to go!
That's 2 nailed on ones they should've had now - a bit worried the ref might give 'em a freebie in the next game...

January 14, 2016, 03:01:09 PM
Reply #503

Paddockoldie

Thought we played quite well considering, especially in the first half.. the second was back's to the wall at times and Howard had a good game. Stones does fuck about at times, which doesn't help. Decent and probably the best result we could have had last night.. a pen denied in the 93rd minute was harsh but would have been harsh to give too at that time.
I think they'll be desperate to kill us at their place but that could play in to our hands.. Not sure about Ossie on the right, sloppy passing, but hopefully Cleverley will be back.

January 14, 2016, 03:08:24 PM
Reply #504

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
That's 2 nailed on ones they should've had now - a bit worried the ref might give 'em a freebie in the next game...

Strangely as individual games it'd be better they got the free penalty in the second leg than in the first or last night.  Say they'd got it in the first leg and everything else went the same[I know it wouldn't have, but you know what I mean] then they'd have 2 away goals and a tied game going into the second leg, and we'd be one point worse off in the league, where as if they started the game with the free penalty then we're still tied but with one less away goal.  Only way it gets worse is if the free penalty is given without time to alter a game plan from where we think we're in control and the ground is shifted with no time left.  So yeah, basically I'm talking rubbish.  Other than we're one point better off in the league which makes up for the point we lost last year due to the penalty decision in the same game.  And I think we're better off having a point this year than last, so its all come up roses?

Or it could be that I'm severely sleep deprived and rambling like a madman......
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.