July 23, 2017, 03:37:24 PM

Author Topic: Gylfi Sigurdsson  (Read 65432 times)

sam of the south, School of Science, Papa Smurf, burkey17, bluenuck, fubarruk and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

July 18, 2017, 01:17:12 AM
Reply #1425

ally2

Therein lies the rub.  Has anyone heard us linked to anyone at all who is a reasonable alternative to Sigurdsson?

Me neither.

Thus, I have to think we are either supremely confident we will get this wrapped up and/or see no rational alternatives reasonably available on the market to us.

I suggested we throw 35-40m at Barca for Arda.  Reckon he's gettable.  Great player.

deCoubertin

July 18, 2017, 01:17:29 AM
Reply #1426

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Haha really hope for your sake Brownie he signs, sounds like you really want him, you've put your bollix on the line for this one.

Not so much I really want him (although I will be very happy if he does sign) but from what I've been told, what I'm assuming from various media sources, I would be very surprised if he didn't sign. I'll always go all in too 😁
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 18, 2017, 01:31:42 AM
Reply #1427

Ridge

I think Brownie's right that Swansea will be selling, the bed has been shat in, but not sure I entirely trust his neutrality in judging ability. Gylfi is Swansea's best player, the enemies of the Cardiff native, but then he helped Iceland knock out England from Euros. That's the sort of thing that would build a begrudging respect and admiration, that was hard won, but deep. It would also make you very happy to watch someone prise Swansea's precious away from them.

Personally, free from those influences, I hope the Icelandic donkey ends up at the kick and rush Foxes.

July 18, 2017, 01:55:55 AM
Reply #1428

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I think Brownie's right that Swansea will be selling, the bed has been shat in, but not sure I entirely trust his neutrality in judging ability. Gylfi is Swansea's best player, the enemies of the Cardiff native, but then he helped Iceland knock out England from Euros. That's the sort of thing that would build a begrudging respect and admiration, that was hard won, but deep. It would also make you very happy to watch someone prise Swansea's precious away from them.

Personally, free from those influences, I hope the Icelandic donkey ends up at the kick and rush Foxes.
I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

July 18, 2017, 02:06:06 AM
Reply #1429

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think he's the maradonna some on here and twitter would have you believe but whatever happens we need more creativity and goals so I'd rather have him than not.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 18, 2017, 02:08:00 AM
Reply #1430

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think he's the maradonna some on here and twitter would have you believe but whatever happens we need more creativity and goals so I'd rather have him than not.

Seeing loads of people saying he's their favourite player to watch in the league.

Can't get my head round that one.

July 18, 2017, 02:23:36 AM
Reply #1431

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Seeing loads of people saying he's their favourite player to watch in the league.

Can't get my head round that one.

Think they're just lying tbh

Or big MOTD fans
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 18, 2017, 02:25:15 AM
Reply #1432

Cozzie

Well he is because Swansea's hand is significantly stronger with two billionaire backed sides bidding for their best player than just the one.

They can't force him to go to Leicester though if he doesn't want too?

That's why I said if given the choice I am almost certain he would want to come here.

July 18, 2017, 02:29:19 AM
Reply #1433

Lxxx

They can't force him to go to Leicester though if he doesn't want too?

That's why I said if given the choice I am almost certain he would want to come here.

Course they can't but they can use Leicester's interest as leverage to screw us to the floor over any eventual fee.

July 18, 2017, 02:40:30 AM
Reply #1434

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
For Sigurdsson read Lescott, Stones, Rodwell and Lukaku etc.
What goes around comes around we can't complain.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

July 18, 2017, 02:47:05 AM
Reply #1435

MartinezsLeftTeste

For Sigurdsson read Lescott, Stones, Rodwell and Lukaku etc.
What goes around comes around we can't complain.

We can't look for value because others are willing to forgo it? Them others being 2 of the worlds richest clubs?

July 18, 2017, 02:58:18 AM
Reply #1436

Ridge

As I said a while back, I think there is more at play than a usual transfer. Leciester tried to sign him when Walsh was there and there was bound to be some needle if we both came up against each other in bidding for players. But I think both us and Leicester would have been expecting around 30m to get him and it's now looking closer to 50m.

I think we've shown that we've been efficient in terms of identify targets and getting business done so far. But I don't think we'd have got involved if we thought price was where it looks like it will end up. We have a lot of money and we might be a little more able to gamble, but paying whatever it costs is never a great idea.

Don't get me wrong, if we pay the money, I'll get behind him and hope he does fantastically, but I'd hope we move on to other targets. And several of the players more recently linked, would suggest we are looking at alternatives. But I can well imagine the club may have had a proposed partnership planned out or a specific idea of what they wanted.

July 18, 2017, 03:32:41 AM
Reply #1437

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

Hahaha love how you've analysed my potential bias there
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 18, 2017, 04:06:52 AM
Reply #1438

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
We can't look for value because others are willing to forgo it? Them others being 2 of the worlds richest clubs?
Wasn't the point I was making - we are known to have money so people will try to get more out of us just as we have done in the past.  It's life.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

July 18, 2017, 04:09:30 AM
Reply #1439

Juanito

With Barkley looking like he is gone our attacking midfield options are looking rather pedestrian. Sigurdsson, Rooney, Klaassen. I just want us to find the new Coutinho for 8.6 million.