July 22, 2017, 05:46:53 PM

Author Topic: The European Domestic Football Thread.  (Read 96591 times)

August 27, 2014, 09:00:23 PM
Reply #45

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Not suggesting he will be a success for Man Utd, but that Real Madrid are selling their most important player from last season: a man who played the role of two players and allowed them to accommodate Bale and Ronaldo. He gave them balance.
I would assume they think james will be able to do this
Heisenberg thoughts on Lukaku :
If he was English his value would be 10-15.

August 29, 2014, 01:24:11 AM
Reply #46

hill135

Torres to Milan looks like a goer. Milan are ridiculous. They've become a parody of themselves in terms of acquiring past it players with massive wage demands. Serie A has a reputation as the league where players end up when they're not fit for the top level any more, but Milan are almost entirely responsible for it.

August 29, 2014, 01:31:27 AM
Reply #47

velimski

Xabi Alonso going to Bayern? Didn't see that one coming.

August 31, 2014, 01:44:30 AM
Reply #48

hill135

Going to try and forget that ridiculous game by moving straight on to Fiorentina against Roma on the first Serie A weekend.

No Rossi or Gomez for Viola, and for Roma four debutants including Ashley Cole.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 01:46:21 AM by hill135 »

August 31, 2014, 11:31:04 PM
Reply #49

hill135

Watching Milan Lazio. The pitch at the San Siro is fucking massive! Like counter-productively so.

August 31, 2014, 11:40:25 PM
Reply #50

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hill. Give us a 'team to watch' in serie A

Torino tickle my fancy a bit

August 31, 2014, 11:40:33 PM
Reply #51

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
Watching Milan Lazio. The pitch at the San Siro is fucking massive! Like counter-productively so.

Massive? Goodisons pitch is much bigger mate.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

August 31, 2014, 11:43:36 PM
Reply #52

hill135

Massive? Goodisons pitch is much bigger mate.

It looks huge. Both teams are struggling to get the ball from one side to the other because it's so long.

August 31, 2014, 11:46:31 PM
Reply #53

hill135

Hill. Give us a 'team to watch' in serie A

Torino tickle my fancy a bit

Torino are good to watch but they've lost Immobile and are about to lose Cerci so it remains to be seen how they'll get on. They're on BT later against Inter who would be my bet to watch as they've got some interesting new signings and it will be good to see if they change their system to accommodate them.

The best teams to watch from a footballing perspective are probably Roma and Fiorentina, who played yesterday, and Juventus who might be more expansive now Conte's gone.

Edit: Also Udinese. They have an exciting young coach.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:47:32 PM by hill135 »

August 31, 2014, 11:50:37 PM
Reply #54

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Torino are good to watch but they've lost Immobile and are about to lose Cerci so it remains to be seen how they'll get on. They're on BT later against Inter who would be my bet to watch as they've got some interesting new signings and it will be good to see if they change their system to accommodate them.

The best teams to watch from a footballing perspective are probably Roma and Fiorentina, who played yesterday, and Juventus who might be more expansive now Conte's gone.

Edit: Also Udinese. They have an exciting young coach.

Wanna try to get into it as there's a lot of good teams in there. I know juve have blitzed it in recent years, but as you say, the likes of udinese, fiorentina, are good teams who could really achieve something.

Don't udinese have a 17 year old first choice keeper?

August 31, 2014, 11:55:42 PM
Reply #55

Shogun

Administrator
Was far too emotionally drained to watch Roma-Fiorentina yesterday. Roma pretty much dominated from what I did see.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 31, 2014, 11:58:09 PM
Reply #56

hill135

Wanna try to get into it as there's a lot of good teams in there. I know juve have blitzed it in recent years, but as you say, the likes of udinese, fiorentina, are good teams who could really achieve something.

Don't udinese have a 17 year old first choice keeper?

He's 18 now and been demoted to the bench. But they have very high hopes for him. Udinese are unpredictable as their playing personnel changes so much season by season.

Their new manager was a youth coach at Inter, won the youth CL and was hailed as the next big thing. He was given the senior job, they finished 9th and he was binned off. Perhaps it came too soon and away from the spotlight he might be able to get it to work.

August 31, 2014, 11:59:46 PM
Reply #57

hill135

Was far too emotionally drained to watch Roma-Fiorentina yesterday. Roma pretty much dominated from what I did see.

Roma dominated the first half but Fiorentina rallied in the second. De Sanctis made two great saves to deny them an equaliser. Roma got a breakaway goal right at the end which killed it. Naingolan was unstoppable and if Gervinho could keep his cool in front of goal he'd score 30 a season in their system. He was very good last night.

September 05, 2014, 04:22:41 AM
Reply #58

Shogun

Administrator
It was Gervinho's saved shot which produced the same goal IIRC.

Did Torino replace Immobile & Cerci?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 05, 2014, 06:21:40 PM
Reply #59

hill135

It was Gervinho's saved shot which produced the same goal IIRC.

Did Torino replace Immobile & Cerci?

They got Quagliarella from Juventus who I think was underused as he's a good player. Don't think they've got a Cerci replacement in but rather Larrondo has been given the chance to step up in to his place. Didn't help his cause by missing a penalty against Inter.