November 25, 2017, 11:49:35 AM

Author Topic: General transfer window discussion  (Read 113993 times)

January 15, 2015, 04:18:39 AM
Reply #45

ally2

Don't understand. He recently signed a new contract didn't he?  I know they don't mean anything but why do it? 

January 15, 2015, 04:20:38 AM
Reply #46

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Don't understand. He recently signed a new contract didn't he?  I know they don't mean anything but why do it?
They say he signed a new deal and got a mill pay off cos it had a 19m release clause in it.

Also, he was offered to Chelsea and they said no

Simply simply lovely

January 16, 2015, 10:59:36 PM
Reply #47

Danny

Why the fuck is he wearing a watch

January 16, 2015, 11:09:00 PM
Reply #48

Shogun

Administrator
Is the Defoe/Altidore deal a straight swap?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 17, 2015, 12:26:29 AM
Reply #49

Cods

January 17, 2015, 02:34:50 AM
Reply #50

hill135

Looks like Yann M'Vila's loan at Inter will be terminated and West Ham and QPR are interested in bringing him in.

Remember being gutted we missed out when we were linked with him and he went to Rubin. Looks now like we dodged a bullet.

January 17, 2015, 02:56:35 AM
Reply #51

Rhys

He always seemed on of these players with a bit of a screw loose. Liverpool rumoured to be looking at signing song wonder if west ham lining up a replacement?

January 19, 2015, 03:56:02 AM
Reply #52

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Why are Sky hyping up Deadline Day when it's two weeks out like it's some kind of major PPV event?
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

January 19, 2015, 04:03:02 AM
Reply #53

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
Why are Sky hyping up Deadline Day when it's two weeks out like it's some kind of major PPV event?

To be fair it is a main event when you think about it. Worryingly people take the day off work for it! Think it's all daft myself but you can't help get caught up when your clubs involved in transfers.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it go PPV in the future.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

January 19, 2015, 04:06:16 AM
Reply #54

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair it is a main event when you think about it. Worryingly people take the day off work for it! Think it's all daft myself but you can't help get caught up when your clubs involved in transfers.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it go PPV in the future.

But why advertise it two weeks out?  I understand for PPVs and your trying to generate buys, but to see Jim White and his shitty yellow tie talk to a reporter getting attacked with a purple dildo? Nah.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

January 19, 2015, 04:10:33 AM
Reply #55

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
But why advertise it two weeks out?  I understand for PPVs and your trying to generate buys, but to see Jim White and his shitty yellow tie talk to a reporter getting attacked with a purple dildo? Nah.

Haha they're just hyping it up to get more viewers. It'll work too.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

January 19, 2015, 05:41:05 AM
Reply #56

Gumpinio

If they have Kate Abdo thay have my undivided attention.
If we try to buy someone on deadline day whilst Adbo is presenting, someone will need to remind me to breath.
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

January 19, 2015, 11:50:41 AM
Reply #57

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Doesn't @jimmywhack usually take the day off for it
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 19, 2015, 03:05:48 PM
Reply #58

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Doesn't @jimmywhack usually take the day off for it
How dare you, I work from home

Simply simply lovely

January 19, 2015, 05:04:26 PM
Reply #59

toffee_scot

But why advertise it two weeks out? I understand for PPVs and your trying to generate buys, but to see Jim White and his shitty yellow tie talk to a reporter getting attacked with a purple dildo? Nah.

Sky Sports News has pretty much become synonymous with transfer deadline day especially as they have the personnel, technology and logistics to keep up to date with developments and are quite good at dramatising things. The fact is any big deal can happen and it could come from the most unlikely club for the most unlikely player. For example, last season we went into the beginning of transfer deadline day thinking the only deal we would get is Gareth Barry on loan with Fellaini possibly leaving, by the end, we did get Barry on loan, but we also sold Fellaini for an astonishing 27m, bought McCarthy in a deal worth up to 15m and we even managed to secure Lukaku on loan.

So knowing that millions of people in the country could be watching SSN at any time during deadline day, it must mean that they can charge companies more for TV adverts during commercial breaks which seem to occur every 10 minutes on that day.