July 24, 2017, 11:32:38 PM

Author Topic: Moyes at Sunderland  (Read 11863 times)

July 23, 2016, 06:16:26 PM
Reply #15

Ross

It's a win win win for everyone one here. Allardyce gets his dream job, Moyes gets a big club that needs stability but has potential and Sunderland get a better manager than they just lost.

Good luck to him.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 23, 2016, 06:40:24 PM
Reply #16

Gash

Global Moderator
He had to take something, this was probably the best he was going to get. Big pressure on him now though, Sunderland have a shocking record with managers over the years so if he gets sacked from there and that would be three times in as many years and probably career over. To be fair to him, he's probably the best they've appointed in a long time so they should give him time to sort the place out.

Four year deal's good for him as long as he hits the ground running, we don't want him on TV in 9 months as a sacked manager again saying "I thought they'd give me the four years"  :whistle:

July 24, 2016, 03:35:20 AM
Reply #17

bacon sarnie

He's no Sam Allardyce (England manager) but I think he'll mid-table them and hold us to a draw on the odd occasion.

Wish him well for some reason. Nurse.........!

July 24, 2016, 03:42:03 AM
Reply #18

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He should be fine there. If he gets them better than above relegation they will love him.

July 24, 2016, 04:17:29 AM
Reply #19

TSGun

NSNO Subscriber
It will be very interesting to see how he fares in the first realistic appointment since leaving us.

Happy to wish him well....but not that well.

By the way, can't help but wonder if he'll come in for any of our squad?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 04:19:48 AM by The Smoking Gun »

July 24, 2016, 04:25:58 AM
Reply #20

MmmBlueRamirez

Happy for him.

The big reputation rebuild begins.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 24, 2016, 04:42:25 AM
Reply #21

kramer0

This worked out for Sunderland, huh? Moyes is an upgrade over Allardyce, in my opinion.

July 24, 2016, 05:01:27 AM
Reply #22

Simon Paul

Administrator
following Jack Rodwell's career pathway I see

Everton to Sunderland via a short stop over in Manchester...

July 25, 2016, 05:20:48 PM
Reply #23

minty

It will be very interesting to see how he fares in the first realistic appointment since leaving us.

Happy to wish him well....but not that well.

By the way, can't help but wonder if he'll come in for any of our squad?

Who can you see him buying? Although he's a Martinez player I could see him buying McCarthy if he's not a first choice for us. Baines and Jagielka if they lose their place too.

July 25, 2016, 05:29:12 PM
Reply #24

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Who can you see him buying? Although he's a Martinez player I could see him buying McCarthy if he's not a first choice for us. Baines and Jagielka if they lose their place too.

Baines isnt losing his place...
I have to return some videotapes.

July 25, 2016, 05:37:48 PM
Reply #25

hill135

Minty reckons all of our players will end up at Sunderland in the next couple of years.

July 25, 2016, 05:48:20 PM
Reply #26

minty

Minty reckons all of our players will end up at Sunderland in the next couple of years.

True. I forget Stones is still our player sometimes. Don't think Moyes will sign him when he flops at city though. He'll have to have moved on to the Scotland job by then.

July 25, 2016, 09:56:59 PM
Reply #27

stirlingblue

Wonder if he'll come to goodison just hoping to survive and get out with a draw

July 26, 2016, 04:44:03 AM
Reply #28

toffee_scot

Wonder if he'll come to goodison just hoping to survive and get out with a draw

I will be astounded if Sunderland come away from any of Anfield, Stamford Bridge, the Etihad, the Emirates or Old Trafford with 3 points - or St James's Park once Newcastle are back in the Premier League.

July 27, 2016, 03:06:23 AM
Reply #29

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Be kind of funny if he takes them into the Champions League or wins a cup though.