May 27, 2017, 05:38:45 AM

Author Topic: England Team Thread (Yes I'm Not Keen On The National Team Either)  (Read 7881 times)

September 27, 2016, 07:07:56 PM
Reply #45

Bluedylan

1/2 to be sacked

Steve Bruce 3/1 fav to take over

Grim

Eddie Howe possibly? Be a bit sly on Bournemouth, but I'd like to see a bright, young Englishman given the chance.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 27, 2016, 07:13:02 PM
Reply #46

Major Clanger

The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

September 27, 2016, 07:14:37 PM
Reply #47

Ross

NSNO Subscriber
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 27, 2016, 07:23:04 PM
Reply #48

Major Clanger

September 27, 2016, 07:25:33 PM
Reply #49

Ross

NSNO Subscriber
By agreeing to the deal, yes.

Didnt he say he'd have to clear everything through the FA before agreeing any deals?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 27, 2016, 07:33:34 PM
Reply #50

Macca77

Didnt he say he'd have to clear everything through the FA before agreeing any deals?

Yep, but he slagged the FA off over Wembley, made fun over someone with a speech impediment and a member of the Royal Family

All pretty harmless in my opinion, but great offence will of been taken by a lot of people so they have no choice but to sack him really.

September 27, 2016, 07:36:38 PM
Reply #51

Major Clanger

I would've loved to see him walk in the FA offices and say "Hey lads, I've landed a lucrative non-job advising a group of shadowy businessmen on how to circumvent your rules, is that okay with you?"

September 27, 2016, 07:38:14 PM
Reply #52

Cereal Killer

I thought the bit about clearing it with the FA was to do with speaking at some event in Asia

The bit about assisting the "businessmen" to get round FIFA rules on 3rd party ownership goes FA's mandate on integrity so they'll have to sack him for that alone I should imagine

September 27, 2016, 08:00:39 PM
Reply #53

Haile GAZrselassie

He'll be sacked. Very little doubt about it. Not because the FA wish to sack him (they know they don't have a reasonable alternative they could hope to pay 3m a year now)

But because the written press won't stop until he is sacked and because SSN will run enough polls/find a couple of people suitably appalled by his behaviour hanging around on the streets of Kidderminster.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

September 27, 2016, 08:04:52 PM
Reply #54

Alanvideo

I quite like Allardyce as a bloke but he deserves to be sacked for his stupidity. He's really pissed on the chips and shot himself in the foot at the same time - which isn't easy.
We are special ,we are Everton.

September 27, 2016, 08:10:37 PM
Reply #55

BlueBeagle

Couldn't make this up, job's on the line after a month or 2 because of an undercover sting lolol

Wish I was arsed about that National team enough to give a single solitary shite about what happens... But I'm not.

Sam is as dodgy as 'Arry, this should come as no surprise to anyone. Harsh on him if he does get the boot though IMO.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 08:12:07 PM by BlueBeagle »

September 27, 2016, 08:11:21 PM
Reply #56

Bluedylan

There's a suggestion that more things will come out in the Telegraph during the week (all of which has been made available to the FA by now), so it might be even more damning that it already is.

I don't think it is a media witchhunt, because I've seen articles on both sides, some saying it's irredeemable and others saying it's a silly mistake but not sackable.

Ultimately, he's in the most prestigious job in English football, extremely highly paid and he's been recorded advising people how to circumnavigate the rules of his employer. There will be things in his contract about upholding and representing the core values of the organisation, as there always are. So it seems that they have enough to sack him, if they choose to.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 27, 2016, 08:16:47 PM
Reply #57

ally2

I don't think they will want to sack him despite all this. They probably can't be assed going through the recruitment phase again. Plus whoever they appointed would be paraded as the person that the fa didn't want two months ago. As blarg said though - it's all irrelevant as England will very likely be the same anyway.

September 27, 2016, 08:19:37 PM
Reply #58

Macca77

He'll be sacked. Very little doubt about it. Not because the FA wish to sack him (they know they don't have a reasonable alternative they could hope to pay 3m a year now)

But because the written press won't stop until he is sacked and because SSN will run enough polls/find a couple of people suitably appalled by his behaviour hanging around on the streets of Kidderminster.

They will track down a random on the streets with same speech impediment as Woy, and he will voice his disgust the blatant discwrimination towawds the "w" people awound the wowld

September 27, 2016, 09:38:02 PM
Reply #59

Ridge

His goose is cooked, can't see him getting past this.

The only thing that goes in his favour is the cost of getting rid of him, as it's doubtful this sort of thing would be covered in termination of contract, but it was only a 2 year deal.

Had a few quid on Steve Bruce last time round and fairly confident he'll get the job now.