September 21, 2017, 10:27:12 AM

Author Topic: Sin bins  (Read 1284 times)

May 04, 2017, 04:51:01 AM
Reply #15

ally2

Sin bins would be good because referees currently use a 'talking to' approach before using a card. They need to get out of that habit. Players know the rules so why should they get a warning? (Obviously not for small fouls). I am assuming that the sin bin can work before or instead of the yellow and is not the 'orange card' people talk about.

May 04, 2017, 10:10:26 PM
Reply #16

bacon sarnie

Sin bins would be good because referees currently use a 'talking to' approach before using a card. They need to get out of that habit. Players know the rules so why should they get a warning? (Obviously not for small fouls). I am assuming that the sin bin can work before or instead of the yellow and is not the 'orange card' people talk about.

Yeah, and they have their favourites (Rooney, Gerrard, Terry, Suarez et al) and the players know it. 'Sin-bins' have worked in the NHL for yonks so see no reason why they won't in soccer/football.

May 04, 2017, 10:23:30 PM
Reply #17

formerKHL

stupid idea imo....

just another mechanism for teams to manipulate the game...

i'd bet my house that if we had a man in the sin bin at old Trafford etc and were winning 0-1 the ref wouldn't dream of sin binning one of theirs...... but wouldn't think twice of sin binning another of ours....

better to give more assistance to the officials to help make the right decision than give them power to effect the game...

May 04, 2017, 11:19:10 PM
Reply #18

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Good.

I would extend it to cover diving and tactical fouls too.

Gareth Barry is sad :(

May 05, 2017, 02:12:17 AM
Reply #19

Everton Mint

Good idea I reckon... much better to punish during the game where the offence is committed.

May 05, 2017, 02:12:19 AM
Reply #20

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
My dream is that one day the referee's microphone signal would be broadcast too. That would put an end to any such attempts.

We have rec mics for sale at the Principality Dtadium. It's great listening to the ref
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 05, 2017, 02:40:03 AM
Reply #21

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
We have rec mics for sale at the Principality Dtadium. It's great listening to the ref

I am sure you meant well but really, you can edit that post.

Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 05, 2017, 07:00:16 AM
Reply #22

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

I am sure you meant well but really, you can edit that post.

I only do them like this for your entertainment you heathen bastard

May 06, 2017, 01:04:50 AM
Reply #23

blue1948

I only do them like this for your entertainment you heathen bastard
You have a gift with words ,from the heart

May 06, 2017, 01:06:51 AM
Reply #24

blue1948

I suspect to many changes too soon will cause chaos but I am in favour of replays for the 4th official it is long overdue and harder to favour the "big six" as it will be there for all to see

May 06, 2017, 01:41:48 AM
Reply #25

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
You have a gift with words ,from the heart

Me and Con are tight. He can call me infidel pig anytime

May 06, 2017, 11:12:37 AM
Reply #26

blue1948

It was just so succinct ,I have no problem when others communicate on a higher level

May 06, 2017, 12:13:44 PM
Reply #27

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

And I do!!!
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 06, 2017, 02:16:11 PM
Reply #28

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
It was just so succinct ,I have no problem when others communicate on a higher level

I spend my days having to communicate in a sophisticated manner. Here I can shoot the bull in a more direct way - it's a place where the Llanrumney boy in me can come out to play

May 12, 2017, 03:22:56 AM
Reply #29

D15TIN

Not for me, just another rule change for the sake of it.

The rules are perfectly adequate as they are they just need better enforcement from referees and linesman.

This