November 14, 2018, 12:55:53 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
The Everton Forum / Re: Someone needs a hug
« Last post by Toddacelli on 33 minutes ago »
Martinez - our Romantic period - over-dramatised, illusory and fantastical/phenomenal.

Koeman - our Surrealist period - all the actual elements were there, but distorted into bizarre, nightmarish scenes.

Allardyce - our Cubist period - clear lines, straight angles and planned and plotted compositions that are stark, unfeeling and jarring to look at.

Is Silva our Renaissance man?
The Everton Forum / Re: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update
« Last post by Jamokachi on 1 hour ago »
I think it might be built using sandstone or limestone to keep the traditional look of the original dock walls

Well Anderson specifically said brick.
« Last post by Ramjam on 2 hours ago »
I think it might be built using sandstone or limestone to keep the traditional look of the original dock walls
« Last post by Jamokachi on 5 hours ago »
There was an interview with Anderson on the All Together Now podcast where he let slip that he's seen the draft plans, so they do exist. He also stated that the plans are very sympathetic to the area, given the UNESCO WHS listing. He mentions the use of bricks in the design, so we should maybe expect something a bit more along the lines of the Lucas Oil stadium in Indianapolis, rather than that picture posted on the previous page.

It's been a funny old week hasn't it, and over the past 7 days there's been loads of posts that have got you talking - and liking...

Here is a run down of the top ten most "liked" posts over the past week

5 or 10 games? He was barely given 5 or 10 minutes into the Palace game and people were wanting him out!

There's life in the 'old' dog yet. :)
General Football Chat / Re: Post-Brexit Football
« Last post by Gash on 6 hours ago »
I don't think it would be a bad thing really. It would mean clubs have to promote and develop more home grown players which could only be good at international level.

I don't know the percentages of foreign players in other leagues but it does seem like the Premier League has far more than other leagues compared the other 'top five' leagues in Europe.

EDIT. Italy's quite high, Germany less than 50% and no mention of France of Spain in the top ten but England appears twice. https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10725849/premier-league-has-highest-percentage-of-foreign-players-8211-uefa-report
The Everton Forum / Re: Michael Keane
He's a sound lad and improving again as a footballer. Gone from much maligned by some fans to one of the first on the team sheet.

He's clearly someone who works on confidence and encouragement which probably isn't something he got of Allardyce and Koeman. Managers like Silva and Southgate will be far better suited to him.
Ah, heís so wonderful, I bloody love him
The Everton Forum / Re: Someone needs a hug
Apart from the majority of his first season I donít really remember Martinez side playing great footy. I might be wrong but I just remember it being infuriating for the most part.

Dined out on the back of 40 fantastic minutes away to Arsenal when we really did play them off the park. Other than a few brief glimpses after that it was mainly slow, boring possession football where he seemed to think you could pass the opposition into defeat but usual just sent everyone to sleep. Then the post match enthusiasm after another bland game was just the icing on the cake. We went from one extreme to the other from Moyes to Martinez. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10