November 21, 2017, 05:11:00 AM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 5371 times)

November 19, 2017, 10:25:40 PM
Reply #135

Coyb12

He looks sluggish and not very commanding but see if we can get a decent centre back in January and have a look at him then.

deCoubertin

November 19, 2017, 11:35:25 PM
Reply #136

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
99% sure hes actually garbage.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 19, 2017, 11:39:59 PM
Reply #137

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Remember when Jags first joined, he was awful too.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

November 19, 2017, 11:43:19 PM
Reply #138

Bluedylan

Defo not garbage. Like all the other new players, it's very hard to judge him given the shambles he's walked into. Maldini would look shaky in our team at the moment.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 20, 2017, 12:46:20 AM
Reply #139

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
He needs to be more decisive and he will be fine, step in and get a boot on it, or get his head in there. Build the base first, the nice passing will come next. Needs Rhino to teach him how to defend.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 20, 2017, 12:51:09 AM
Reply #140

Lxxx

We played him defensive midfield and then right back, which for a player whose weakness is his distribution wasn't much of a surprise.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 12:54:29 AM by Lxxx »

November 20, 2017, 12:51:45 AM
Reply #141

KoemansNumberTens

And Brett angel too. Most of the players who were awful when they first joined..... just turned out to be awful

November 20, 2017, 01:35:22 AM
Reply #142

Cozzie

Reckon we have signed a dud tbh.

Only my early impressions like, but like Bluedylan said he is, in fairness, playing in an incredibly slow and ageing defence and behind a disorganized defensive midfield duo.

Tactics don't help him one bit and I always think when your CB partner is shite you are effectively doing the job of 2 players, which he is.

As much as I love Jags he is a bit too old now, Williams is hopeless, Funes Mori bang average and mental and Holgate not ready yet.

Still reckon there is a good player there, he certainly wasn't shite at Burnley and the way they played suited him. Another top CB next to him with a manager that knows how to set up and we will see an improvement I reckon.

Still long way to go but if I am to judge him based on what I have seen so far he has been pathetic.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 01:36:36 AM by Cozzie »

November 20, 2017, 01:39:58 AM
Reply #143

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like a complete plodder at the moment.

I wonder if we actually scouted these players we bought.

November 20, 2017, 03:09:33 AM
Reply #144

KoemansNumberTens

hes poor. Maybe Williams and jagielka will look better alongside a quality centre half too. Keane is every bit as much of the problem as they are.

November 20, 2017, 03:23:37 AM
Reply #145

Heisenberg

Mentioned this as a few times over the past month or so. I see him as a kind of secondary CB. His performance will always be dependent on the man next to him, which is never what you want. I don't really see any character or personality in his play at all. He's a back against the wall defender. Good when the defenders and midfielders are really compact protecting something. Not very good in one on one type of situation and turns like he's just finished 5 roast dinners