November 21, 2017, 05:10:52 AM

Author Topic: Jordan Pickford  (Read 3719 times)

November 12, 2017, 05:48:27 PM
Reply #45

terrydarracotsbaldpate

People are way, way too critical of keepers imo. They all make mistakes on the regular - Neuer, Buffon, the lot of them.

(I can't actually remember De Gea making any mistakes in recent seasons, in fairness but he's like a cheat, so he doesn't count).

Pickford's been absolutely superb. Even the pen he gave away last week, I don't class as a mistake. He had to throw everything on the line. It was a defensive mistake that cost the pen.
Yes he has . I noticed on Citytalk they said a number of players made there debuts including Gomez no mention of Pickford. Is there anti Everton bias?

deCoubertin

November 12, 2017, 05:54:54 PM
Reply #46

gizzblue

Before he will ever be comfortable on crosses ,he has to trust his defence implicitly. ...and imho how can he when it changed every game ?.
He's class young and will only prove the doubters wrong .

November 12, 2017, 06:24:16 PM
Reply #47

ally2

I think he's been a fantastic signing.  To think who we've had before him makes me shudder to think.

November 12, 2017, 07:02:18 PM
Reply #48

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's a great shot stopper every flaw he had I attribute to his age, the way he tries to play and the defence in front of him all of which can improve. He's the type of goalkeeper who would have thrived under Martinez style

November 12, 2017, 10:26:54 PM
Reply #49

Lxxx

We could do with a 6'2"+ defender coming in to play with Keane so his height isn't as noticeable when balls are flung into the box. Having said that he's looked quite comfortable so far commanding his area for a lad with so little top flight experience.

November 13, 2017, 12:50:12 AM
Reply #50

wepull

He's a great shot stopper every flaw he had I attribute to his age, the way he tries to play and the defence in front of him all of which can improve. He's the type of goalkeeper who would have thrived under Martinez style
I haven't seen much of him passing the ball to our defenders most times like Loris or city's keeper does. He usually whacks it accurately to someone beyond the half line, I am not sure how good he's passing it short while under pressure by opposition's attackers.

November 13, 2017, 06:29:55 AM
Reply #51

Martip

I don't think we should be going overboard of the back of 1 good england game.

Truth be told he's been pretty average for us so far admittedly behind an awful defensive unit although looked a lot better for england.

I'm reserving judgement until he starts making match winning saves for us.

November 13, 2017, 06:35:27 AM
Reply #52

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think we should be going overboard of the back of 1 good england game.

Truth be told he's been pretty average for us so far admittedly behind an awful defensive unit although looked a lot better for england.

I'm reserving judgement until he starts making match winning saves for us.

Like the first game against Stoke you mean?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 13, 2017, 06:48:19 AM
Reply #53

Martip

Like the first game against Stoke you mean?
Let's call a spade a spade we are god knows how many games in and he's been very average so far....hence having to go back to the stoke game.

There's nowt wrong with backing players but he's not done enough to warrant the love so far in the same way dcl hadnt when people were saying he was our harry kane after the man city game. Of course I hope he does moving forward but dont feel we should rewrite history.

November 13, 2017, 06:53:45 AM
Reply #54

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Let's call a spade a spade we are god knows how many games in and he's been very average so far....hence having to go back to the stoke game.

There's nowt wrong with backing players but he's not done enough to warrant the love so far in the same way dcl hadnt when people were saying he was our harry kane after the man city game. Of course I hope he does moving forward but dont feel we should rewrite history.

Hey, I was just pointing out that he has done what you were asking for. Not rewriting history, being over the top or anything like that. I wouldn't say he's been average. He's been a definite improvement on our previous two incumbents. He's made mistakes but he's young for a goalkeeper and will hopefully improve even more.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 13, 2017, 07:17:32 AM
Reply #55

bacon sarnie

Best goalie in the league besides DeGea. Gonna be a worldie. Plays better with a central defense. Are you listening Moshiri, Bill, new manager etc etc etc. Aye.

November 13, 2017, 01:58:33 PM
Reply #56

Martip

Best goalie in the league besides DeGea. Gonna be a worldie. Plays better with a central defense. Are you listening Moshiri, Bill, new manager etc etc etc. Aye.
Hes not even the 6th best in the league atm.

November 13, 2017, 02:03:23 PM
Reply #57

Martip

Hey, I was just pointing out that he has done what you were asking for. Not rewriting history, being over the top or anything like that. I wouldn't say he's been average. He's been a definite improvement on our previous two incumbents. He's made mistakes but he's young for a goalkeeper and will hopefully improve even more.
Fair dos but we are 18 games into the season and having to go back to the stoke game...says it all for me and as of yet he hasn't looked like a 30m keeper for everton or a massive improvement on what we had.

November 13, 2017, 02:46:36 PM
Reply #58

Macca77

By far the best young keeper in the prem, 30 million was a bargain, right now id say only De Gea and Loris are better

November 13, 2017, 02:47:15 PM
Reply #59

Macca77

Hes not even the 6th best in the league atm.

Go on then, i'll take the bait, name 5 better keepers than him.