December 15, 2017, 04:26:14 PM

Author Topic: Jordan Pickford  (Read 5245 times)

November 11, 2017, 06:42:41 PM
Read 5245 times

MmmBlueRamirez

I think heís going to be world class.

Brilliant attitude and ability already.

Yes he makes mistakes but they will become less frequent
as he improves and matures.

Our best and most astute signing of the summer.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

deCoubertin

November 11, 2017, 06:43:57 PM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

I think heís going to be world class.

Brilliant attitude and ability already.

Yes he makes mistakes but they will become less frequent
as he improves and matures.

Our best and most astute signing of the summer.

Was apparently very good last night. Easily our best signing but it's really not much of a compliment

November 11, 2017, 06:56:38 PM
Reply #2

everton1952

That ex RS twat Danny Murphy said Pickford did not have much to do and gave him a 6, the same mark as Gomez the RS late sub. Bias or what?

November 11, 2017, 07:06:47 PM
Reply #3

Dr. Sponge

Such a good shop stopper. Potential to be a colossus.

November 11, 2017, 07:18:23 PM
Reply #4

blue slug

Murphy is a fucking little cock sucker of the highest order if he thinks Pickford didnít have much to do, he was great

November 11, 2017, 07:23:06 PM
Reply #5

Toffee1

You have to feel sorry for Dany Murphy - being Gollum's twin must be hard.

November 11, 2017, 07:33:19 PM
Reply #6

kramer0

I don't rate him at all. Rushed off his line a couple of times.

November 11, 2017, 07:40:10 PM
Reply #7

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
I like Pickford but I'm not 100% convinced.

He pushes his low saves back into danger areas too often, which he did again last night.

His distribution is superb but his counter attacking early kicks have often been over enthusiastic with play being lost and the pressure coming immediately back on to us. His face and body position after he does these are a joy to behold however.

I hope a lot of this will come with age and experience.

What you can't teach is his attitude, vocals, and confidence, which he's got in abundance.

Hopefully he'll be able to iron out his weaknesses and be our no 1 for years.

November 11, 2017, 07:40:28 PM
Reply #8

Macca77

That ex RS twat Danny Murphy said Pickford did not have much to do and gave him a 6, the same mark as Gomez the RS late sub. Bias or what?

Danny Murphy called us a small club on motd the other week, said be was only joking straight away, Lineker had a go at him

Attention seeking bellend Murphy, always has been, his commentary is awful, remember the redshites game against Exeter in the fa cup, scores level and Exeter get a corner in the last minute, Murphy says "not one Exeter player wants to score the winner here, why would they when they have a possible replay at Anfield "

November 11, 2017, 07:58:38 PM
Reply #9

Major Clanger

Murphy is a fucking little cock sucker of the highest order if he thinks Pickford didnít have much to do, he was great

There's really no need to be this abusive.

Most people who suck cock, be they men or women, are very nice.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 11, 2017, 08:00:24 PM
Reply #10

Rhys

To be fair Gomez came on after 30 minutes...

However when you make 2 1 one 1 saves with big strong hands (down to different sides as well) early on in the game it was a match winning performance. An average keeper doesnt save either and they are 2-0 down inside the first half and they likely lose the game. He caught everything he had a chance to, distribution was really good there was literally nothing more he could have done with his performance.

There are things he needs to work from what we've seen the big one is parrying less out and making sure it's away from danger zone as a must but no doubts he is already a really good keeper and at 23 plenty of time to become even better.

November 11, 2017, 08:07:16 PM
Reply #11

KoemansNumberTens

I like Pickford but I'm not 100% convinced.

He pushes his low saves back into danger areas too often, which he did again last night.

His distribution is superb but his counter attacking early kicks have often been over enthusiastic with play being lost and the pressure coming immediately back on to us. His face and body position after he does these are a joy to behold however.

I hope a lot of this will come with age and experience.

What you can't teach is his attitude, vocals, and confidence, which he's got in abundance.

Hopefully he'll be able to iron out his weaknesses and be our no 1 for years.

I do think he has some clear weaknesses. He definitely pushes lots of things back into his box. The penalty against Watford was caused by this. He also is almost too keen in terms of distribution and coming off his line. Definitely got great potential though
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 08:08:59 PM by KoemansNumberTens »

November 11, 2017, 08:20:13 PM
Reply #12

Lxxx

He won't be hitting his prime for a good few years yet and with him costing £30m to start with there's only Man U that could realistically afford him now anyway. Arsenal will need a new keeper soon but they won't go as high as they'd need to do.

He's still young, his faults will be ironed out with maturity and experience. Don't forget this is the first season he has started as a No 1 keeper at this level, what he's doing now is still better than most of the league anyway.

November 11, 2017, 08:20:57 PM
Reply #13

Evertonian in NC

It's very hard to be a keeper on a team so woefully out of form.  Good on him for keeping his head up.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 11, 2017, 09:16:17 PM
Reply #14

Bluedylan

Brilliant signing. Has huge self belief backed up by his talent.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.