November 22, 2017, 11:48:52 AM

Author Topic: Best & worst players you've seen play for the Blues?  (Read 3765 times)

September 11, 2017, 07:14:40 PM
Reply #120

Eddiesheeds

Been supporting since 1959 so loads to choose from, too many for just one best, my top three are Young, Ball and Southall. Worst, only one Bernie Wright ( shudders )

deCoubertin

September 11, 2017, 11:30:29 PM
Reply #121

Mac934

Amongst the worst, Glen Keeley, lasted 15 mins on his debut vs Liverpool before getting sent off. Don't think he played before or after that. Richard 'Calamity' Wright. I'll never forget him getting injured falling over that keep off the grass sign warming up.

September 11, 2017, 11:48:01 PM
Reply #122

starblood

Amongst the worst, Glen Keeley, lasted 15 mins on his debut vs Liverpool before getting sent off. Don't think he played before or after that. Richard 'Calamity' Wright. I'll never forget him getting injured falling over that keep off the grass sign warming up.

Finally someone has mentioned Richard Wright, been sitting back to see if his name came up. Calls of Pistone, Neville and even other goalies Robles/Gerrard pale into insignificance when you reminisce about that pudding between the sticks.

September 12, 2017, 04:55:24 AM
Reply #123

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Not having Ferrari at all there

Ditto. Lad was quality and I was gutted when we didn't sign him permanently
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 12, 2017, 04:57:32 AM
Reply #124

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I remember he fell foul of the Gwladdy, after getting abuse for weeks he just turned round to the fans and gave it the wanker gesture.

I'm sure I remember a game (think it was United at home where we lost 2-0) he had a mare and he chucked his gloves into the stand at the end of the game, only for them to be chucked back
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 12, 2017, 05:28:34 AM
Reply #125

SANA_DR0

Ditto. Lad was quality and I was gutted when we didn't sign him permanently

Rome or Liverpool, easy choice :p

sorry, when he went back to Roma, they sold him to Genoa...

i think this was probably my fave squad https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007%E2%80%9308_Everton_F.C._season

those loan signings...
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 12, 2017, 05:29:13 AM
Reply #126

Cozzie

I remember away at Fulham, think we lost 2-0 when Stubbs scored an Own goal, think it was 2002 or something, I got there early and he was warming up by the way end, he flapped at a ball and it came to me so I threw it back to him, an inch perfect throw not even hard, he caught it and proceeded to juggle it all over the gaff like a hot potato, virtually spazzing out shitting himself when he caught it, then he tumbled on his arse coz he caught the dugout walking back.

Just remember walking off thinking "christ".

Remember we where shopping around for ages for a keeper before we landed him and I was quite happy when we did. Moyes quip of him being the "next england goalkeeper" was way wide of the mark.

He earned over 5M sitting on his arse at Man city for 4 years so he probably isn't arsed.

September 12, 2017, 06:01:50 AM
Reply #127

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I suppose Gazza was the best, just not the best by the time he got round to playing for us.

Worst - Nyarko
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 12, 2017, 06:38:51 PM
Reply #128

starblood

I suppose Gazza was the best, just not the best by the time he got round to playing for us.

He was still very, very good though.

Remember thinking; if that was him on the slide, what must he have been like in his pomp (as I didn't get to see him in the flesh at that stage)!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 06:46:35 PM by starblood »

September 12, 2017, 08:34:00 PM
Reply #129

Thornton_19

Best = Pienaar/Kanchelskis
Worst = Kroldrup.

September 12, 2017, 08:45:02 PM
Reply #130

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
He was still very, very good though.

Remember thinking; if that was him on the slide, what must he have been like in his pomp (as I didn't get to see him in the flesh at that stage)!

That season we signed Gazza he worked his arse off for us, just sad that it wasn't 5 years earlier. What a talented player he was in his heyday. Best English player ever in terms of natural talent I reckon

The team was so shit when he was here unfortunately, I remember him running the show in a cup game, Leyton Orient maybe?

And everyone was saying Ooh he might get back in the England squad here!

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 08:46:48 PM by Sir Stealth »
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 13, 2017, 01:40:06 AM
Reply #131

Morta75

Best
Southall

Worst
Van der Meyde

September 13, 2017, 01:56:29 AM
Reply #132

Thornton_19

Best
Southall

Worst
Van der Meyde
AVDM doesn't deserve to be here purely because of his cross for Beattie on his debut that nearly took his head off and his cross for the Dan Gosling derby goal.

September 13, 2017, 02:12:34 AM
Reply #133

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I like AVDM and Atsu and Drenthe lol

Edit: i like shit wingers
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 13, 2017, 02:23:41 AM
Reply #134

The Analog Kid

Worst - Nyarko

Both players you've named played during some of the worst times to be an Evertonian. You could count the good games Gazza had on one hand. He was totally finished by the time he came to us.

Nyarko was just a big shitbag.