October 18, 2018, 02:58:52 PM

Author Topic: Yankee Roodle Dandy?  (Read 14330 times)

May 10, 2018, 08:56:01 PM
Reply #60

Evertonian in NC

If we are still paying him hes doing extremely well. Never having to take a pay cut through his decline just the last team to be daft enough to sign him funding him at the next 1.

Started okay and finished pretty useless/ never should have signed him

We signed a whopper of a contract, and Wayne is right to hold our feet to it.  About time we stopped running the club like a teenager writing love notes in his/her dream journal.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 10, 2018, 08:59:41 PM
Reply #61

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Glad we signed him.

He was our best player in the first half of the season.

Could've been managed better and we might've seen more from him in the latter part of the season.

I suspect he knows he's done at this level though.

May 10, 2018, 09:03:06 PM
Reply #62

Evertonian in NC

Should have been managed better, we would have had better memories of it, could have made it last/work 2 seasons.

Am NOT glad we signed the contract that we did, because it was a mugging.  We were the only realistic option, and shit our pants like we were desperate to sign with no leverage whatsoever.  Awful business.  That's not Rooney's fault whatsoever.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 10, 2018, 09:03:20 PM
Reply #63

Macca77

Its a great move for him, gets him away from the negative media attention here and also away from the slappers out to get a story

May 10, 2018, 09:06:05 PM
Reply #64

Bluedylan

Keep seeing these reports suggesting that Kenwright would like him to stay and Moshiri isn't arsed.

But why do either of these have a say in footballing matters? Absolute shambles of a club.

I think it goes back to the nature of Moshiri's 'takeover', and the eventual intended increase in shares. There's still too many cooks, and not a proper delineation of roles and responsibilities.

It seems like a fucking dinner table discussion with the Waltons every time we sign a player, where everyone's chipping in with an opinion and if one person happens to put a particularly persuasive argument on a given day, we just end up signing him.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 10, 2018, 09:42:12 PM
Reply #65

van der Meyde

I think it goes back to the nature of Moshiri's 'takeover', and the eventual intended increase in shares. There's still too many cooks, and not a proper delineation of roles and responsibilities.

It seems like a fucking dinner table discussion with the Waltons every time we sign a player, where everyone's chipping in with an opinion and if one person happens to put a particularly persuasive argument on a given day, we just end up signing him.
I think that's definitely part of it. I just don't see why either of those two should have input into footballing matters either though beyond the hiring on managers/Directors of Football though.

I might be reading too much into it, but alarm bells definitely started ringing when Moshiri went on a scouting mission with Walsh to see Tosun. And was then reportedly told Allardyce he was "impressed by both the striker's positioning and finishing" and was the "stand out player on the pitch".

That's not just too many cooks, that's Abramovich/Bersculoni levels of meddling in recruitment.

May 10, 2018, 09:58:20 PM
Reply #66

Evertonian in NC

This is a fantastic visual, BTW.  Spat out more than a little coffee.

May 10, 2018, 10:21:01 PM
Reply #67

Deano Blue Boy

Shame we never knew this before the last home game .

May 10, 2018, 10:28:16 PM
Reply #68

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Quite a sad moment.

Saddest moment was when we sold Ross Barkley and signed a fella who looks and plays like his da
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 10, 2018, 10:30:30 PM
Reply #69

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Saddest moment was when we sold Ross Barkley and signed a fella who looks and plays like his da

Fuck Ross Barkley.

May 10, 2018, 10:34:39 PM
Reply #70

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 10, 2018, 10:58:57 PM
Reply #71

Evertonian in NC

Everything about last season (the Barkley shite included) just makes me want to reach for the brain bleach.

May 11, 2018, 12:01:58 AM
Reply #72

Fynci

Everything about last season (the Barkley shite included) just makes me want to reach for the brain bleach.

This season is basically the Everton equivalent of "The Empire Strikes Back". Don't worry, next season we'll be saved by some muppets.

May 11, 2018, 12:03:33 AM
Reply #73

Alanvideo

Glad we signed him.

He was our best player in the first half of the season.

Could've been managed better and we might've seen more from him in the latter part of the season.

I suspect he knows he's done at this level though.
.......................my thoughts exactly. Rooney knows whoever is next manager won't play him much , if at all. Glad he was on the pitch for that penalty at Anfield like.
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 11, 2018, 01:16:29 AM
Reply #74

Macca77