June 24, 2018, 02:44:03 PM

Author Topic: Ray Wilson R.I.P.  (Read 742 times)

May 17, 2018, 12:21:58 AM
Reply #15

wilbur

As hard as nails he was, when tackling properly was allowed.

They had a Ray Wilson day at the Huddersfield game the other day and some of his family were applauded onto the pitch by both sets of fans - seems quite fitting now.

RIP Ramon.
“It was the best 10 years of my career, in fact they are the only team I ever actually played for. That’s what happens when you play for Everton, you forget the rest, the rest means nothing.” - Duncan Ferguson

May 17, 2018, 12:54:11 AM
Reply #16

toffee_scot

RIP Ray.

A real legend.

May 17, 2018, 01:00:39 AM
Reply #17

Simon Paul

Administrator
Never saw him play but enjoyed his company before his memories were stolen from him. Always a good time and always a gentleman - except to Gordon West who he would torment all night long!

Hoping he is rewarded with an eternity of knowing just how important he was to so many people.

May 17, 2018, 03:14:21 AM
Reply #18

East midlands bluenose

Rip ray the comments do you proud
cast your gaze over goodison from the blue
heaven above  you will never be forgotten 

May 17, 2018, 04:33:44 AM
Reply #19

Mac934

RIP Sir Ray. One of the finest. May God rest your soul in Eternal peace. Thanks for the memories.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

May 17, 2018, 02:49:39 PM
Reply #20

formerKHL

Just had to post on this thread...

Ray Wilson....the very reason I chose full back as my chosen position (right back).....as a kid i got some great advice off him which stuck to me throughout my playing days....

A few years ago i was lucky to have lunch with RW, Gordon West and Emlyn Hughes....what a memory..

all sadly no longer with us but never forgotten...

ta lads...

May 17, 2018, 05:48:35 PM
Reply #21

Normm

World class in his day. He embodied our motto.

Sincere condolences to family and friends.

May 17, 2018, 06:22:36 PM
Reply #22

TheBlackWatchFanzine

My Grandad, rest his soul, would have been devastated about this. He always had Wilson in his best ever Everton team. Very sad news.