August 21, 2018, 04:55:07 PM

Author Topic: Doucoure - Watford  (Read 1607 times)

May 17, 2018, 10:26:29 PM
Reply #15

Gash

Global Moderator
Surely he's just talking about Z Cars? I can't think of any other similarities.

May 17, 2018, 10:28:32 PM
Reply #16

BlueMaquis

Is this a genuine comment ? players rarely dis-respect other clubs .

No doubt influenced by the strongly anti-Everton climate within the club since the Silva debacle. Obviously it has permeated right down to the players.

May 17, 2018, 10:40:46 PM
Reply #17

KoemansNumberTens

I think the reality of these situations is that itís not simply Watford or us. Thereís the third choice of waiting a season or 2 for 1 of the top six. We shouldnít be shopping in this market anyway. We need to find the next 1 not overpay for the last 1 and even then assuming they donít think they can do better in the short to medium term

May 17, 2018, 10:47:14 PM
Reply #18

GrantyBoy78

I doubt heís comparing the size of clubs (although why would a young French lad know about our history, anyway: Dixie et al?!).

Heís essentially saying whatís the point in leaving a  club that finished 14th for a club that finished 8th...when there are bigger clubs in for me.

May 17, 2018, 10:59:33 PM
Reply #19

kramer0

He's basically saving us from paying that Premier League "proven" premium when we can find comparable options elsewhere if we look.

Thanks, Abdoulaye!  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:05:53 PM by kramer0 »

May 17, 2018, 11:00:04 PM
Reply #20

SANA_DR0

So we won't be signing this melt anytime soon   :wanker:

Abdoulaye Doucoure on a potential move 👇

"Everton? No, that's not a step up for me. If I left Watford to join a club who's not better, that would be disrespectful."

it might be hard to swallow for Evertonians, but from a neutral foriegn player point of view.. why would he leave the club that gave him a chance in England.. for a club that he see's is basically the same or even below where he is playing..

that may change if we finish in the top 6 or so the next few seasons.. but i dont think Doucoure is all that, anyway.

players/people have their own points of views based on their own understanding/experience... getting pissed off at him for saying what he did, is just a waste of time..

its not like he is/was our manager and saying that West Ham have the same history as us.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

May 17, 2018, 11:16:02 PM
Reply #21

Danny

it might be hard to swallow for Evertonians, but from a neutral foriegn player point of view.. why would he leave the club that gave him a chance in England.. for a club that he see's is basically the same or even below where he is playing..

that may change if we finish in the top 6 or so the next few seasons.. but i dont think Doucoure is all that, anyway.

players/people have their own points of views based on their own understanding/experience... getting pissed off at him for saying what he did, is just a waste of time..

its not like he is/was our manager and saying that West Ham have the same history as us.

There is a different atmosphere in the league now that every club is effectively rich just by being in it, in the past the likes of Watford's best players would be on 30k so coming to Everton for 50k was still a huge pay rise and playing at a higher level with potential European football.

These days if you're Watford's star and there is a lot of interest in you you're better off leveraging that to get an 80k+ contract and wait until one of the top 6 come for you a year later with a built in Champions League club release clause, with the added benefit of relegation release clauses also.

It's been said in the past that some clubs hard balling has cost them in the long run and i've seen no definitive evidence of that but if Doucoure fancies himself to be at a top club in a years time it makes more sense to stay at Watford than move to us for £40 million only to be denied subsequent moves to the clubs above us or have them baulk at demands.

Look at Sigurdsson for example, Swansea rinsed us for him on the transfer fee and there is rumoured wages of 150k p/w because he's a prem proven star, now he's been very good for us but I find it impossible to believe there wasn't someone better out there for that money.

If a team like United came in for him this summer we'd be wanting to make profit again and it'd be hard for him to secure that transfer with United presumably not wanting to pay that much money for someone getting towards 30.

Our best bet will be with the ultra talented young players in smaller leagues, the likes of Lozano looking for a realistic step up before going to the top clubs, if it were me i'd freely give them release clauses for Champions League clubs and pay them well to convince them, say we went after Sessegnon from Fulham and offered him 80k p/w with an £80 million release clause to Champions League clubs as his first contract, if he ends up being class you're guaranteed a lot of money and he'd have a way of leaving the club should interest arise.

Everton are currently a buffer club for the top sides and need to act appropriately.

May 17, 2018, 11:16:22 PM
Reply #22

Tofifee

or, maybe he just loves life in "dat london"

May 17, 2018, 11:32:28 PM
Reply #23

van der Meyde

He's basically saving us from paying that Premier League "proven" premium when we can find comparable options elsewhere if we look.

Thanks, Abdoulaye!  :thumbsup:
Think the "Watford fucking hate Everton" tax now is more costly these days.

May 17, 2018, 11:35:24 PM
Reply #24

kramer0

You certainly don't want to be paying both.

May 17, 2018, 11:45:12 PM
Reply #25

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Articles since been removed, to be honest not arsed either way like.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 17, 2018, 11:47:04 PM
Reply #26

Faceatthefence

Theyve been crying since we dicked em in the 84 final,still trying to get grays header ruled out.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

May 18, 2018, 12:34:59 AM
Reply #27

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
He is just hangry. Ramadaan is tough man
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 18, 2018, 12:46:00 AM
Reply #28

Makis

Why do you care what he says? He's obviously saying it to Watford fans, not Everton's. If an Everton player said something similar you'd just find it funny.

May 18, 2018, 12:54:51 AM
Reply #29

Simon Paul

Administrator
So we won't be signing this melt anytime soon   :wanker:

Abdoulaye Doucoure on a potential move 👇

"Everton? No, that's not a step up for me. If I left Watford to join a club who's not better, that would be disrespectful."

defo having a pop at Silva there isn't he