December 18, 2017, 05:28:23 AM

Author Topic: deulefeu  (Read 2072 times)

October 19, 2017, 11:30:15 PM
Reply #45

KoemansNumberTens

I'd love to see the numbers you are talking about. I'm simply not having they outscored the pairings at Bayern Barca and real over any real length of time. Half a season sounds an outlandish claim. Airing on the side of caution Messi and Ronaldo must each have scored at least 20 goals in that time

deCoubertin

October 19, 2017, 11:43:36 PM
Reply #46

BlueBeagle

I take it to mean that there's a player in there who will come out when the conditions are right

So he should be carried all the rest of the time when he doesn't fancy it then?

October 19, 2017, 11:47:39 PM
Reply #47

Simon Paul

Administrator
I'd love to see the numbers you are talking about. I'm simply not having they outscored the pairings at Bayern Barca and real over any real length of time. Half a season sounds an outlandish claim. Airing on the side of caution Messi and Ronaldo must each have scored at least 20 goals in that time

we posted them on our Twitter page at the time, if I wasn't going out to the match I'd find them, but they're there for anyone to look at

also, the words were "strike partnership" - and unless we're making up teams on FIFA then Messi and Ronaldo don't play together

So he should be carried all the rest of the time when he doesn't fancy it then?

or coached more effectively to get the best out of him, what with him still being a relative child in the game

maybe that's what's happening at Barcelona?  maybe they're just better than Martinez or Koeman were at nurturing young players.

October 19, 2017, 11:50:38 PM
Reply #48

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
lol hence the bad time. :)

Knew soon as I posted I'd been reeled in.

October 19, 2017, 11:52:31 PM
Reply #49

Simon Paul

Administrator
found the numbers

Neymar and Suarez were top

Giroud and Ozil second

https://twitter.com/nsno/status/689782035196551168

October 20, 2017, 12:02:25 AM
Reply #50

KoemansNumberTens

we posted them on our Twitter page at the time, if I wasn't going out to the match I'd find them, but they're there for anyone to look at

also, the words were "strike partnership" - and unless we're making up teams on FIFA then Messi and Ronaldo don't play together

or coached more effectively to get the best out of him, what with him still being a relative child in the game

maybe that's what's happening at Barcelona?  maybe they're just better than Martinez or Koeman were at nurturing young players.

I don't think combined they would have beat Ronaldo or Messi. So unless their partner had a lot of own goals....

October 20, 2017, 12:04:27 AM
Reply #51

KoemansNumberTens

Oh it's clever manipulation of the stats where Ronaldo could scored 20 goals with 12 different assisters and it might only count as 2 for the best partnership

October 20, 2017, 12:04:36 AM
Reply #52

Simon Paul

Administrator
I don't think combined they would have beat Ronaldo or Messi. So unless their partner had a lot of own goals....

well, the numbers are there

it is the partnerships who combined most effectively

obviously others scored more goals, but they were provided by a pool of different players.  These numbers - published by FIFA or something equally unreliable and biassed - were about the strike partnership's combination.

October 20, 2017, 12:05:33 AM
Reply #53

Simon Paul

Administrator
Oh it's clever manipulation of the stats where Ronaldo could scored 20 goals with 12 different assisters and it might only count as 2 for the best partnership

yeah, bloody FIFA, manipulating the stats to make Deulofeu look good in an argument on an Everton site in two year's time

bastards, them lad

October 20, 2017, 12:13:24 AM
Reply #54

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I do remember when the two of them were combining extremely well and were ripping it up for a couple of months. Things looked very good at that point. That was Martinez's first season.

Then Del got injured and never really staked a claim for being included long term in the first team under both Martinez and Koeman even though he had many chances. Of course Rom kept scoring and now looks even better at Utd. Perhaps they both needed better players around them?

As for Niasse, what has he done week in, week out since he's been introduced in the fold? I remember he came on and got a brace against Bournemouth and then started the next game and looked shit.

I hope he does come good, but I think his best role is that of super sub. Just like at Hull when he got 4 in 17 games.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

October 20, 2017, 12:17:11 AM
Reply #55

Simon Paul

Administrator
I do remember when the two of them were combining extremely well and were ripping it up for a couple of months. Things looked very good at that point. That was Martinez's first season.

the date is on the tweet, it was Koeman's first season (even I thought it was earlier than that, but time does strange things)

October 20, 2017, 12:19:27 AM
Reply #56

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
the date is on the tweet, it was Koeman's first season (even I thought it was earlier than that, but time does strange things)

I don't even remember that under Koeman. Don't recall Del getting that much of a look in.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

October 20, 2017, 12:21:16 AM
Reply #57

Ross

It was during Martinez 3rd season.

And Niasse looked by far and away our most likely score against Burnley in his only start this season @blargins
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:22:49 AM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 20, 2017, 12:28:33 AM
Reply #58

BlueBeagle

The 2 coaches you mentioned are seemingly polar opposites in the way they handle players. Del produced little to no improvement under the tutelage of either.

Yet he's still not been able to complete any game he's started in pedestrian matches against shit sides.

October 20, 2017, 12:44:46 AM
Reply #59

TheTone

he plays a bit like how people spell his name, some awful efforts, some good uns, inconsistent really