October 18, 2018, 04:08:58 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Arsenal  (Read 37907 times)

November 14, 2010, 10:14:48 PM
Reply #225

Awesome_soccer

I just think we've got a manager who is a trier but tactically inept. Other managers with limited resources have followed his methods and now just trying hard isn't good enough like it used to be because every other team tries hard.  Moyes has to find a way of quickening the play up in the final 3rd so we create more chances for the forwards.  I don't think he's up to it.  Hooray for a 9th place finish.

November 14, 2010, 10:15:10 PM
Reply #226

Fern

Funny I think the exact opposite.  We had a squad of triers when we finished fourth and when we got to the cup final.  Right now we have a squad of talent who aren't trying hard enough.

Yeah I'd agree with that. And Jagsand Distin are not impressing me much lately.

November 14, 2010, 10:16:30 PM
Reply #227

montanatoffeefan

Basically we are an average team that occasionally over achieves but eventually hits it's true level. We have a squad of triers and even maybe 1 or 2 quality players or rather future quality players, but ultimately we are a mid table at best

You've described Everton's squad from the last half-dozen years -- but has almost regularly over-achieved, grabbing a fourth, fifth and a pair of sixth-place finishes. And the fourth-place squad was probably worse on paper then what Stoke currently fields.

Clearly, there's been a bit more to Everton than just that. But we'll have to see for the rest of this season.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 10:18:38 PM by montanatoffeefan »
Everton forever.

November 14, 2010, 10:16:35 PM
Reply #228

everton.chris

That really isn't true, but I wouldn't expect else much given your football knowledge. You sir, are a pleb of the highest order.

My football knowledge is of the highest order, i have followed Everton longer than you have had your  finger stuck up your arse which even if you are 18 is 18 years. I am entitled to my opinion as you are too, but until you look in the mirror and see a real pleb, please do not tar me with the same brush as which you are painted with
People who know it all are especially annoying to those of us who don't

November 14, 2010, 10:20:43 PM
Reply #229

cantoffee

My football knowledge is of the highest order, i have followed Everton longer than you have had your  finger stuck up your arse which even if you are 18 is 18 years. I am entitled to my opinion as you are too, but until you look in the mirror and see a real pleb, please do not tar me with the same brush as which you are painted with

Who doesn't like a nice finger in the bum every once in a while?

Did I quote you? I meant to quote cambridge.blue.

Either way I don't really care.

November 14, 2010, 10:22:28 PM
Reply #230

cantoffee

Yea, I definitely quote cambridge blue, so I have no idea what you're talking about now.

November 14, 2010, 10:29:35 PM
Reply #231

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I just think we've got a manager who is a trier but tactically inept. Other managers with limited resources have followed his methods and now just trying hard isn't good enough like it used to be because every other team tries hard.  Moyes has to find a way of quickening the play up in the final 3rd so we create more chances for the forwards.  I don't think he's up to it.  Hooray for a 9th place finish.

I could agree with that but Moyes has impressed me lately by clearly stating what is wrong with the team at the moment.  He has said we are trying to pass it into the goal, he has said we are not doing enough in the final third he has made the right decisions by and large with his formations and substitutions.  For some reason the players are not doing it on the pitch but I don't think Moyes can do much more of it at the moment.

November 14, 2010, 10:40:34 PM
Reply #232

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Howard Fucking Webb.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

November 14, 2010, 10:41:22 PM
Reply #233

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
David Moyes

"Overall I can't have any complaints. One or two decisions could have gone the other way but it didn't go for us. You make your own luck and we didn't do enough to make some luck. I don't think either team were at their best but we never really got hold of the game and we weren't able to generate an atmosphere inside the ground which we normally do."

Yep because we were shit.  Note that when the team looked arsed in the last ten minutes the atmosphere was fantastic.

November 14, 2010, 10:42:42 PM
Reply #234

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
David Moyes

"Overall I can't have any complaints. One or two decisions could have gone the other way but it didn't go for us. You make your own luck and we didn't do enough to make some luck. I don't think either team were at their best but we never really got hold of the game and we weren't able to generate an atmosphere inside the ground which we normally do."

Yep because we were shit.  Note that when the team looked arsed in the last ten minutes the atmosphere was fantastic.

I'm not saying the team is blameless, far from it but Webb had a fucking dire game today.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

November 14, 2010, 10:44:03 PM
Reply #235

.Rimbo.

David Moyes

He's a negative, stubborn, tactically-inept, excuse-making tit.

He said about the Bolton game that the players 'bored' him because their plan A wasn't working and they didn't find another way through.

So if it's up to the players to come up with another way of breaking Bolton down, what the fuck are you getting paid £65k-a-week for then you useless twat?!

November 14, 2010, 10:44:46 PM
Reply #236

Awesome_soccer

I could agree with that but Moyes has impressed me lately by clearly stating what is wrong with the team at the moment.  He has said we are trying to pass it into the goal, he has said we are not doing enough in the final third he has made the right decisions by and large with his formations and substitutions.  For some reason the players are not doing it on the pitch but I don't think Moyes can do much more of it at the moment.

I think by criticising his strikers earlier in the week shows though that he is focussing on the wrong bit.  The fact is we are incredibly slow in the final 3rd so our strikers have absolutely no space when the ball reaches them.  Why does Moyes let Arteta drop so deep?  He's our most creative player and he's picking the ball up along side the centre halves.  No wonder he looks shite.

If Moyes says this is his strongest squad yet but he can't get them playing then I think he's run out of ides.

November 14, 2010, 10:46:50 PM
Reply #237

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
I think by criticising his strikers earlier in the week shows though that he is focussing on the wrong bit.  The fact is we are incredibly slow in the final 3rd so our strikers have absolutely no space when the ball reaches them.  Why does Moyes let Arteta drop so deep?  He's our most creative player and he's picking the ball up along side the centre halves.  No wonder he looks shite.

If Moyes says this is his strongest squad yet but he can't get them playing then I think he's run out of ides.

This is my main issue with him, If the players have improved over time than surely he's just gotten worse?

November 14, 2010, 10:47:45 PM
Reply #238

charlatan

He's a negative, stubborn, tactically-inept, excuse-making tit.

He said about the Bolton game that the players 'bored' him because their plan A wasn't working and they didn't find another way through.

So if it's up to the players to come up with another way of breaking Bolton down, what the fuck are you getting paid £65k-a-week for then you useless twat?!

Careful, you'll be accused of kneejerking with posts like that.  I agree with you FWIW.

Some of his recent decisions are mystifying.  Yak scores a good goal, then sets up Cahill's header in the next game, and gets dropped.  Coleman has been playing well and scores against Blackpool and gets dropped.  Certain other players have stank the place out all season, and fuckup every setpiece they take, yet are first name on the sheet every week.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 10:49:57 PM by charlatan »

November 14, 2010, 10:47:47 PM
Reply #239

cantoffee

Arteta is not our most creative player, Pienaar is.

I'm actually appalled at the performance from Arteta today, if we actually received a bid over 20m in the summer and rejected it I'd be very angry.