May 21, 2018, 02:52:09 AM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
General Football Chat / Re: General transfer window discussion
« Last post by GLewis on 15 minutes ago »
Arsenal already pushing forward to sign Michael Serri.

This when they still haven't appointed a new manager yet.

Wish we where this efficient.

They had their new DoF structure in about March.

We had to wait for Brands.
General Football Chat / Re: 2017-18 Today's football
« Last post by GLewis on 16 minutes ago »
Imagine a midfield of Kroos and Modric against Henderson and Milner, what a massive mismatch that is

They actually want the ball to be contested in midfield.

It’s the games where it’s hit long or the other team sits back where they struggle as they don’t have the ingenuity in midfield.

If Kroos and Modric look to spend to long on the ball then they will look to swamp them.

It will need to be one or two passes then it should be moved quickly up the pitch.
General Football Chat / Re: Ross Barkley Chelsea Debut
« Last post by Jimmywhack on 30 minutes ago »
So now he is supposed to not celebrate winning a cup? Even as a sub?
I hope there's no one on here who has won a cup and been a sub and celebrated... Shame on you.

I was meant to play today, would have been my first game in this cup but couldn't. They won, I celebrated with them as if I played

Bar the drinking out the cup and getting leathered bit like!!!
General Football Chat / Re: Ross Barkley Chelsea Debut
« Last post by Brownie20 on 33 minutes ago »
The season was always going to be a write off for him. Out for so long he’s going to need a pre season to get back to proper fitness and eventually form.

I expect he’ll get another season at Chelsea and then be sold to a club around our level. Maybe even us.

Wouldn't have him back
The Everton Forum / Re: Who should we go for? POLL RESET
« Last post by Jimmywhack on 33 minutes ago »
Wasn't Steve McLaren Fergies number 1 at one point?
Yeh as was Colin Harvey to kendall
General Football Chat / Re: Russia 2018
« Last post by TheRam on 46 minutes ago »
Well reckon Saudi Arabia have slipped a brown envelope to be in the first game.
He was also refused the money by Watford to buy the two defenders he wanted in the Summer. Can't remember their names but that probably had an impact

That's true, their defenders are atrocious, that big Austrian guy is a really amusing creature, doesn't look like a football player at all.

The problem is that we are not very good in that area either. It's crucial to buy a decent, preferably ball playing, CB.
Wasn’t Steve McLaren Fergies number 1 at one point?

Yeah and before that Brian Kidd. Doesn’t always translate to being a good manager
I find it hard to believe somehow. When we had expressed interest in him I watched a few Watford games and frankly their defence was utter circus and reminded me of some our former manager who’s name I wouldn’t want to mention here.
Mind you it was after “we have turned his head” so maybe he instantly stopped paying attention to detail.

He was also refused the money by Watford to buy the two defenders he wanted in the Summer. Can't remember their names but that probably had an impact
One thing he's been noted for over and over again is forensic attention to detail. Literally walking players through drills, where they should be with and without the ball. It couldn't be further from Martinez's laissez faire, ill-conceived bastardisation of tiki-taka.

I find it hard to believe somehow. When we had expressed interest in him I watched a few Watford games and frankly their defence was utter circus and reminded me of some our former manager who’s name I wouldn’t want to mention here.
Mind you it was after “we have turned his head” so maybe he instantly stopped paying attention to detail.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10