February 19, 2018, 07:55:45 AM

Author Topic: Which 3 teams can we finish above?  (Read 2226 times)

November 27, 2017, 10:42:39 PM
Reply #45

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
How many players would you say are quality?

Proven quality?
Pickford, Baines, Jags, Keane, williams(kind of) schneiderlin,Gana,Rooney,Siggurdson, Klassen, Lennon, Bolasie,Coleman,Barkley. McCarthy. Davies not far behind. Sandro will be a decent player once he settles. Niasse has his moments. That's more than enough to keep us up.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 27, 2017, 10:46:05 PM
Reply #46

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Youd have to ask did anyone expect to be down here at the start of the season?

Id guess no, so unless everyone was wrong about the level of players that we have then it must be down to the management of them so far.

November 27, 2017, 11:03:47 PM
Reply #47

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Proven quality?
Pickford, Baines, Jags, Keane, williams(kind of) schneiderlin,Gana,Rooney,Siggurdson, Klassen, Lennon, Bolasie,Coleman,Barkley. McCarthy. Davies not far behind. Sandro will be a decent player once he settles. Niasse has his moments. That's more than enough to keep us up.

You don't look at that list and add a ? next to some of those. I mean yes, some were quality but just based on age (both too old and on the younger end) there has to be some concern.

I'd say you're very generous with your definition of quality looking at that list. I'd say 4 or 5 of those. IF this was 3 or 4 years ago I'd agree but a lot of those are really on the wrong side of their careers age wise. How many of those are really in their prime and PL proven?

November 27, 2017, 11:06:54 PM
Reply #48

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
You don't look at that list and add a ? next to some of those. I mean yes, some were quality but just based on age (both too old and on the younger end) there has to be some concern.

I'd say you're very generous with your definition of quality looking at that list. I'd say 4 or 5 of those. IF this was 3 or 4 years ago I'd agree but a lot of those are really on the wrong side of their careers age wise. How many of those are really in their prime and PL proven?

Agreed with that not on their prime but still good enough to not get us relegated.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 27, 2017, 11:13:33 PM
Reply #49

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Youd have to ask did anyone expect to be down here at the start of the season?

Id guess no, so unless everyone was wrong about the level of players that we have then it must be down to the management of them so far.

I think there were enough serious concerns even without hindsight. Not this bad, but still.

I thought we needed to end the window with a GK, 2 CBs (leaving Jagielka and Williams as the cover), a LB (obvious), a RB for cover, LW (obvious), RW (who knows how Bolasie comes back), and 2 strikers (obvious). Probably someone to replace what Barry brought too.

I don't think we addressed many of those adequately at all.

The most fortunate thing that happened this summer, was that we didn't get the Barkley deal done as was wanted. His return alone gives me confidence we can set up some goals.

However, it's basic stuff you don't sell the player who was involved with 90% of your goals and not replace him as everything else gets magnified when the confidence or the ability to score leaves a team.

Going into the season with a reliance on DCL (based on what evidence exactly from the previous season?) was sheer delusion.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 11:19:35 PM by blueToffee »

November 28, 2017, 09:56:22 AM
Reply #50

KingOfNapaValley

I think Palace, although playing better, are still going down.

West Ham look dreadful and I think they are going down.

Swansea I think just barely get out of the drop.

I think Huddersfeld are gonna crash out. They are the worst team in the PL since their 2-1-0 start and I would not be surprised if they only win 2-3 more the entire season.

December 01, 2017, 06:16:09 AM
Reply #51

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What are ya saying

December 2 – Huddersfield (H)

December 7 – Apollon Limassol (A)

December 10 – Liverpool (A)

December 13 – Newcastle (A)

December 18 – Swansea (H)

December 23 – Chelsea (H)

December 26 – West Brom (A)

December 30 – Bournemouth (A)

January 1 – Manchester United (H)

8 league games and 1 training match

Potential points - 28

Prediction - 12

Points per game- 1.5

Would you take that?

Edit - probably 9 actually I think but who knows.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 06:18:31 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 01, 2017, 06:30:38 AM
Reply #52

bluenuck

What are ya saying

December 2 Huddersfield (H)

December 7 Apollon Limassol (A)

December 10 Liverpool (A)

December 13 Newcastle (A)

December 18 Swansea (H)

December 23 Chelsea (H)

December 26 West Brom (A)

December 30 Bournemouth (A)

January 1 Manchester United (H)

Potential points - 28

Prediction - 12

Points per game- 1.5

Would you take that?

11 or 12 is realistic. There's a few wins in there, and a couple of draws.

that'd put us 26-27 points after 22 games. 16 left and would need 4 wins to be fine.

December 01, 2017, 06:33:14 AM
Reply #53

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
What are ya saying

December 2 Huddersfield (H)

December 7 Apollon Limassol (A)

December 10 Liverpool (A)

December 13 Newcastle (A)

December 18 Swansea (H)

December 23 Chelsea (H)

December 26 West Brom (A)

December 30 Bournemouth (A)

January 1 Manchester United (H)

Potential points - 28

Prediction - 12

Points per game- 1.5

Would you take that?

If you happened to be a glass half full type, there are some winnable games there.

Lose against Huddersfield though, and that list suddenly looks kinda crappy.

All about the next few games for me, and whether we can start winning games away from home...something that seemed beyond us under Koeman for a very long time. If we drop a lot of points, concede a bunch at Anfield, and it'll be a hard slog to the finish line. However, if we can go on a little run, avoid capitulation at Anfield then confidence can really help turn our form around. As Unsworth himself said, this season will be a lot clearer in terms of objectives in the next few games. If we can somehow drag ourselves up to mid-table and be ready to go with a couple of astute January signings this season could have us looking forward to next season.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 06:34:25 AM by blueToffee »

December 01, 2017, 06:38:29 AM
Reply #54

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
11 or 12 is realistic. There's a few wins in there, and a couple of draws.

that'd put us 26-27 points after 22 games. 16 left and would need 4 wins to be fine.

We havent won away since Jan, Newcastle WBA and Bournemouth as much as Id like them to be still dont feel like wins to me just yet.

Swans and Huddersfield home wins hopefully but the latter are no mugs so would be surprised at anything there.

Liverpoo, Chelsea, United expected losses.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 01, 2017, 06:40:11 AM
Reply #55

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Until we can prove we can win the odd away game, I think you're right with some tough home games 9-12 points would be the range.

The lower end being the more likely given our form to date, until proven otherwise.

December 01, 2017, 06:40:57 AM
Reply #56

GrantyBoy78

Mental that weve not won away for almost a year!

December 01, 2017, 06:43:16 AM
Reply #57

GrantyBoy78

At least with Allerdyce we should be harder to beat so if we can keep clean sheets away from home, we have more chance of nicking a win. The away games to Newcastle, West Brom and Bournemouth look a lot more winnable now.

December 01, 2017, 06:49:10 AM
Reply #58

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah Id say expect a few Home wins but none away from Home, but probably the odd draw
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 01, 2017, 12:30:41 PM
Reply #59

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Make us more solid at the back and you allow our quality players like Rooney, Siggurdson, Sandro, Klassen, Niasse to shine and get a goal. Some tough game but will be easily 8th after that run. If Allardyce is a decent as he says is is, than should be aiming for top 7