June 23, 2018, 02:11:39 AM

Author Topic: Usmanov  (Read 14780 times)

May 26, 2018, 03:54:01 AM
Reply #210

KoemansNumberTens

I would expect a higher profile appointment than Silva even without Usmanov to be honest.

Such as?

May 26, 2018, 04:10:21 AM
Reply #211

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 26, 2018, 04:14:30 AM
Reply #212

KoemansNumberTens

God

Doesn't work Sundays which would be a problem if we qualified for the Europa league

May 26, 2018, 04:15:54 AM
Reply #213

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Doesn't work Sundays which would be a problem if we qualified for the Europa league

Depends which God though. If we can make Europa, then it would just be the odd game on a Saturday we wouldn't have a manager for.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

May 26, 2018, 04:16:58 AM
Reply #214

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Depends which God though. If we can make Europa, then it would just be the odd game on a Saturday we wouldn't have a manager for.

Beat me to that.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 26, 2018, 04:26:24 AM
Reply #215

MmmBlueRamirez

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

May 26, 2018, 07:06:32 PM
Reply #216

plumber

I expect Spurs fans felt the same when they signed Poch.
I expect Barcelona fans felt the same when they signed Tata Martino. United fans felt the same about Moyes, Borussia Dortmund fans about Bosz, Chelsea fans about Grant, Aston Villa fans about McLeish, etc, etc, etc.

May 26, 2018, 07:10:06 PM
Reply #217

plumber

Such as?

Your reaction is a bit slow  :) If you asked me a week ago, Id have said Emery, Fonseca, a few weeks ago Favre. At the moment Im not sure there are better candidates, as I said in another thread. Off the top of my head Hazenhuttl, but he would be even a bigger risk.
If we wait a couple of weeks more, Silva will definitely be the best.

May 26, 2018, 07:15:04 PM
Reply #218

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Your reaction is a bit slow  :) If you asked me a week ago, Id have said Emery, Fonseca, a few weeks ago Favre. At the moment Im not sure there are better candidates, as I said in another thread. Off the top of my head Hazenhuttl, but he would be even a bigger risk.
If we wait a couple of weeks more, Silva will definitely be the best.

Emery was my first choice. Silva was probably third on my list of available candidates. Think he's now first based on what's left. Although the thought of Arteta as an unknown is strangely appealing, but very risky.

May 26, 2018, 07:41:11 PM
Reply #219

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Emery isnt all that you know
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 26, 2018, 07:42:24 PM
Reply #220

plumber

Emery was my first choice. Silva was probably third on my list of available candidates. Think he's now first based on what's left. Although the thought of Arteta as an unknown is strangely appealing, but very risky.

Agree with all that except Arteta. It would be madness.

May 26, 2018, 07:54:30 PM
Reply #221

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Agree with all that except Arteta. It would be madness.

It would be, but if it came off, it could be great.

Eddie Howe is becoming more appealing by the day as well, although I'd rather much better. At least he has a go and has been successful in beating the big sides.

Interesting times, Silva could become our version of Poch. Although I'd rather we won something though.