Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 158773 times)

May 22, 2018, 05:57:56 PM
Reply #3780

Redartin

May 22, 2018, 08:11:35 PM
Reply #3781

Normm

Like ya dunno what heís going to be like recruitment wise so why does it even factor in?

I said: "Because if the manager we appoint has any idea about the style of football that will take the club forward, he will seek [i.e. to identify] those players who will make that happen." -

Whoever the manager is will need to be sure that players are brought in to fit the style of play he wants to adapt, so it stands to reason that he will want a major say over recruitment. As for Arteta, if he is considered, we might expect him to want the style of play with which he is associated. Hopefully, he would seek to develop young players like Lookman, as a manager/coach, not push them out the door to develop elsewhere. He would be good for the young players, IMO.

May 23, 2018, 07:54:59 PM
Reply #3782

Topper

Hopefully, he would seek to develop young players like Lookman, as a manager/coach, not push them out the door to develop elsewhere. He would be good for the young players, IMO.

I will be very disappointed if Lookman is not given a chance by the new manager

May 23, 2018, 08:15:15 PM
Reply #3783

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I will be very disappointed if Lookman is not given a chance by the new manager
There's a decent chance he won't be here
Simply simply lovely

May 23, 2018, 08:18:35 PM
Reply #3784

gizzblue

There's a decent chance he won't be here

Don't see Lookman leaving if we're allegedly getting a young attacking minded manager in who loves wingers .

May 23, 2018, 08:19:43 PM
Reply #3785

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Need to do another poll reset I think.

Although now, Silva will be the top pick as better options have been snapped up.
"If you believe it will work out, youíll see opportunities. If you believe it wonít, you will see obstacles." Ė Wayne Dyer

May 23, 2018, 08:20:23 PM
Reply #3786

blue slug

Will be nice to see pace and width, two things Sam Allardyce holds in contempt

May 23, 2018, 08:21:10 PM
Reply #3787

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Don't see Lookman leaving if we're allegedly getting a young attacking minded manager in who loves wingers .
If leipzig want him he mah well think it's not worth the risk going back to everton, they like me here, I like it here
Simply simply lovely

May 23, 2018, 09:27:03 PM
Reply #3788

American Evertonian

Need to do another poll reset I think.

Although now, Silva will be the top pick as better options have been snapped up.

The only real reason I would be happy with the Silva hire is if Brands does in fact interview other candidates and comes to his own conclusion that Silva would be best for us moving forward. As long as due diligence is done then I won't complain with the Silva hire. I would just hate Brands to hire him because he is told to. Want to let him go through and establish his practice as the DoF.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

May 23, 2018, 09:57:20 PM
Reply #3789

Elgoodo1978

Am I missing something with Silva, has he done anything of any note that I should be excited about the prospect of him managing here?

May 23, 2018, 09:58:22 PM
Reply #3790

School of Science

Hasn't Lookman got 3 years left on his contract ?
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

May 23, 2018, 10:20:16 PM
Reply #3791

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Hasn't Lookman got 3 years left on his contract ?
Contracts mean next to fuck all nowadays
Simply simply lovely

May 23, 2018, 10:32:34 PM
Reply #3792

plumber

Contracts mean next to fuck all nowadays
If Everton want him he'll be back.
What can he do, act like Suarez or Coutinho? That would be ridiculous considering both Everton and Leipzig have replaced their managers and Leipzig is a lesser club with lesser wages etc.

May 23, 2018, 10:34:25 PM
Reply #3793

Bluedylan

I think he'll be back and buzzing that it's a fresh start under a new setup, with a bit more of a swagger in his step from his exploits in Germany. Not remotely worried about losing Lookman.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 10:41:45 PM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 23, 2018, 10:47:00 PM
Reply #3794

KoemansNumberTens

I think he'll be back and buzzing that it's a fresh start under a new setup, with a bit more of a swagger in his step from his exploits in Germany. Not remotely worried about losing Lookman.

Yeah I think heíll be more than happy to come back assuming heís in the new managers plans. I donít think thereís anything to worry about