October 18, 2018, 04:24:26 PM

Author Topic: Kieran Dowell  (Read 26138 times)

December 17, 2017, 04:03:04 PM
Reply #180

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
No point in bringing Dowell back. What hes doing is the idea of the loan in the first place so why stop it?

December 17, 2017, 04:03:56 PM
Reply #181

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Ive seen faster lollipop men over 10 yards.

Its more that he does a lot of running.

Dowell can drift through games which doesnt go down well with sections of the fan base...

December 17, 2017, 04:49:42 PM
Reply #182

Thornton_19

I'd like to see him Loaned out again next season to a Prem club.

December 17, 2017, 05:14:23 PM
Reply #183

ally2

Yeah would be interesting to send him to Burnley say

December 17, 2017, 06:51:54 PM
Reply #184

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Big decisions for Sam. Does he bring Dowell and maybe Connolly back or even Browning into a 25 player squad, and if so who does he dump? The other left back fella who they forgot to register as well, and does not even appear on the club website, his name escapes me, (ex-loanee at Fulham).
Connolly and Dowell wouldnt need registering due to their ages at the start of the season.  We've only got Gethin Jones and Sam Byrne registered who we could realistically completely count out of first team contention.  Possibly Funes Mori depending on when he's expected back.

Any other additions would need someone shipping out, be it Barkley, Besic, McCarthy, etc.
My momma says I'm special.

December 20, 2017, 07:52:46 PM
Reply #185

Lxxx

Just spent the morning with a Notts Forest season ticket holder and had a good chat about Dowell. He say he's improving all the time, decision-making is getting better and work-rate too, you can see the progression month by month. Fitness-wise looks a struggle to play a decent 90 minutes and he's still too lightweight and gets caught on the ball too often but you can see he has talent.
In his opinion he's nowhere near ready to play Premier League football and probably won't be at the end of this season. Another year on loan would do him the world of good whether it's at Forest or otherwise until he develops into a mans frame as he is still quite boyish in his physicality.

Bearing in mind we do still have a glut of players in that position even after we offload a few there's no need to integrate him into the first team squad until he's ready for it. Wouldn't be the first to have a couple of loan moves before establishing himself.

December 20, 2017, 08:44:43 PM
Reply #186

Lincs Toffee

Just spent the morning with a Notts Forest season ticket holder and had a good chat about Dowell. He say he's improving all the time, decision-making is getting better and work-rate too, you can see the progression month by month. Fitness-wise looks a struggle to play a decent 90 minutes and he's still too lightweight and gets caught on the ball too often but you can see he has talent.
In his opinion he's nowhere near ready to play Premier League football and probably won't be at the end of this season. Another year on loan would do him the world of good whether it's at Forest or otherwise until he develops into a mans frame as he is still quite boyish in his physicality.

Bearing in mind we do still have a glut of players in that position even after we offload a few there's no need to integrate him into the first team squad until he's ready for it. Wouldn't be the first to have a couple of loan moves before establishing himself.
Perfect replacement for Rooney then?
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

December 20, 2017, 09:14:22 PM
Reply #187

D15TIN

True, Osman didn't start regularly until he was 24

December 20, 2017, 09:34:41 PM
Reply #188

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
This is the kind of development that Barkley and Davies could have done with.
Hopefully send him to a promoted PL team next season with a clause that he has to play in so many games.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 20, 2017, 10:03:11 PM
Reply #189

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
This is the kind of development that Barkley and Davies could have done with.
Hopefully send him to a promoted PL team next season with a clause that he has to play in so many games.
Barkley went to sheff weds and Leeds
Simply simply lovely

December 20, 2017, 10:06:18 PM
Reply #190

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Barkley went to sheff weds and Leeds

I know, but if I remember he didn't really get too much game time, was it Neil Warnock who just stopped playing him?

Edit - I've just looked, he got 13 games for Wednesday and 4 games for Leeds.

Dowell has already had more than that combined, and scored more goals, so it's nothing like the same really, especially if we're talking about Dowell spending another full season on loan.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 10:09:57 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 20, 2017, 10:09:54 PM
Reply #191

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I know, but if I remember he didn't really get too much game time, was it Neil Warnock who just stopped playing him?
He was sound at sheff weds but yeah struggled at Leeds cos of warnock
Simply simply lovely

December 20, 2017, 10:11:05 PM
Reply #192

mikey_blue

Didn't like him because he couldn't defend. Not exactly the panicle of managers, but there's been a fair few that haven't got onto the Barkley hype.

December 20, 2017, 10:17:28 PM
Reply #193

Major Clanger

That Barkley loan to Leeds was simply a terrible idea.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

December 20, 2017, 10:20:26 PM
Reply #194

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
That Barkley loan to Leeds was simply a terrible idea.
Couldn't get in cos warnock wanted Michael brown

Simply simply lovely