October 22, 2018, 12:25:07 PM

Author Topic: New Deals for The Young Everton Trio.  (Read 2201 times)

December 15, 2017, 03:20:18 AM
Reply #15

plowman2

Should also encourage younger talent from other clubs to sign for us instead of signing for the 'big' clubs
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

December 15, 2017, 05:18:00 AM
Reply #16

Gash

Global Moderator
I don't think it would have made any difference if Koeman was here, he was playing them and thought highly of them by the look of it so I doubt he'd have stood in the club's way of signing them up. These are the type of deals that will have been done by Walsh, Koeman having 18 months left on his deal wouldn't have been stopping players getting 5-6 year deals.

Good move by the club to tie them down, they've all got great potential and now they'll hopefully realise that potential here and the worse case scenario is that if they do get tempted to move we'll hopefully get decent money for them rather than do a Barkley and run their contract down.

December 15, 2017, 06:03:19 AM
Reply #17

Tony Clifton

Nice.  Big Sam's grotto there.  "Jonjoe, Mason, Dom - what do you want for Christmas lads?  Sorted."   :thumbsup:

December 15, 2017, 12:31:41 PM
Reply #18

Bluedylan

Allardyce has had some kind things to say about the three of them (ignoring the Barkley headline and comments, because I can't be arsed getting into all of that) -

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/14/sam-allardyce-everton-ross-barkley
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 15, 2017, 05:10:28 PM
Reply #19

gizzblue

Made up about this ....the youngsters proving their appreciation for the club who gave them the chance  andbrought them through ....eh Ross. ...Ross   Ross! .
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 06:07:24 PM by gizzblue »

December 15, 2017, 05:32:50 PM
Reply #20

Macca77

You don't win anything with kids.

December 15, 2017, 06:30:59 PM
Reply #21

Bluenose 91

So glad Mirallas has been binned.

Put the sight of him in a West Ham shirt in January directly in to my veins.

December 15, 2017, 07:19:38 PM
Reply #22

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think it would have made any difference if Koeman was here, he was playing them and thought highly of them by the look of it so I doubt he'd have stood in the club's way of signing them up. These are the type of deals that will have been done by Walsh, Koeman having 18 months left on his deal wouldn't have been stopping players getting 5-6 year deals.

Good move by the club to tie them down, they've all got great potential and now they'll hopefully realise that potential here and the worse case scenario is that if they do get tempted to move we'll hopefully get decent money for them rather than do a Barkley and run their contract down.

Yes is good news but the chances of all three, or even two out of three seeing the full term of their contracts out is probably nil to zero if they realise the potential that we all think they have but like you say, we will certainly make a few bob on them if they go in a year or two.

December 15, 2017, 07:29:05 PM
Reply #23

Toddacelli

Yes - when a player get's 'binned' - thoughts go immediately to West Ham and Stoke. Maybe also WBA, but to a much lesser extent.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 16, 2017, 08:07:57 PM
Reply #24

montanatoffeefan

Made up about this ....the youngsters proving their appreciation for the club who gave them the chance  andbrought them through ....eh Ross. ...Ross   Ross! .

This. Excellent news for many reasons.
Everton forever.

December 16, 2017, 09:48:27 PM
Reply #25

MexicanToffee

Let's not forget Morgan Feeney while we on the topic of rising talent. He looks a bit like Sandy Brown to boot.
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

December 16, 2017, 10:58:45 PM
Reply #26

gizzblue

Let's not forget Morgan Feeney while we on the topic of rising talent. He looks a bit like Sandy Brown to boot.
And the boy Hornby has a talent ...and a big fucking lad too.

December 16, 2017, 10:59:45 PM
Reply #27

gizzblue

Sitting on the bench 😅

December 17, 2017, 12:06:54 AM
Reply #28

BlueForYou

Feeney a cross-breed: Dave Watson/Mick Lyons/Sandy Brown
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

December 17, 2017, 05:47:02 AM
Reply #29

MexicanToffee

Feeney a cross-breed: Dave Watson/Mick Lyons/Sandy Brown

God almighty, that's a sight that would even freeze the blood in Mike Pejics veins.
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”