Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 157672 times)

November 05, 2017, 05:12:28 AM
Reply #1080

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
One of the big differences is that he (or anyone else) can be solid and try and nick things at somewhere like Burnley.

But here, even away at the top teams, you find heavy criticism if that approach doesnít work. Handling that and then increased pressure to win, and win well against pretty much everyone else is very difficult.

November 05, 2017, 05:19:45 AM
Reply #1081

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
'Our new manager is on MOTD wearing a shirt fashioned from an airmail envelope.

Conte?
"If you believe it will work out, youíll see opportunities. If you believe it wonít, you will see obstacles." Ė Wayne Dyer

November 05, 2017, 05:24:02 AM
Reply #1082

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'd love him to go and get us trippier.

November 05, 2017, 05:28:16 AM
Reply #1083

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
His favourite album is nevermind.

That'll do for me

November 05, 2017, 06:04:01 AM
Reply #1084

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'd love him to go and get us trippier.

Iíve got a real dream of Coleman as RB and Tierney at LB.

Flying Gaelic fullbacks both mad passionate, would be amazing.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 05, 2017, 10:34:55 AM
Reply #1086

bluenuck

One of the big differences is that he (or anyone else) can be solid and try and nick things at somewhere like Burnley.

But here, even away at the top teams, you find heavy criticism if that approach doesnít work. Handling that and then increased pressure to win, and win well against pretty much everyone else is very difficult.

Alright. I'm just gonna say it.

Maybe us fans need to stop living in the past and believing what we used to be is what we are today?

It's a massive, gigantic, pill to swallow for us, but it's time we put this team in perspective. We need to stop getting on our managers so quickly and try to have patience. We are going down the road of villa very quickly here and we as fans also need to help curb this.

November 05, 2017, 11:09:34 AM
Reply #1087

boothill

Hi my name is sam, ive come to destroy you completely

November 05, 2017, 11:43:17 AM
Reply #1088

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Alright. I'm just gonna say it.

Maybe us fans need to stop living in the past and believing what we used to be is what we are today?

It's a massive, gigantic, pill to swallow for us, but it's time we put this team in perspective. We need to stop getting on our managers so quickly and try to have patience. We are going down the road of villa very quickly here and we as fans also need to help curb this.

Koeman is the only manager that I can recall people losing patience with quickly to be fair.

Iím thinking longer term with that point anyway. But itís something that should be remembered for this appointment now.

November 05, 2017, 12:19:04 PM
Reply #1089

bluenuck

Koeman is the only manager that I can recall people losing patience with quickly to be fair.

Iím thinking longer term with that point anyway. But itís something that should be remembered for this appointment now.

People were on Martinez a quarter into his 2nd season. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did. Lukaku helped that, and if we had any sort of striker right now koeman might still be in charge.

We are really an un-patient bunch lately.

November 05, 2017, 12:42:08 PM
Reply #1090

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
People were on Martinez a quarter into his 2nd season. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did. Lukaku helped that, and if we had any sort of striker right now koeman might still be in charge.

Think youíll always get people moaning about things eg if we win 1-0 most weeks, some will want 2/3-0 etc.

But pressure wasnít severely on RM until his last season started to unravel, otherwise heíd have gone in the new year of 15.

Certainly wasnít anymore pressure than under poor patches of form under Moyes.

Itís increased now because weíve seemingly got a bit of money and people can ďexpectĒ a bit more in terms of performance.

November 05, 2017, 12:54:38 PM
Reply #1091

therealdunc

Martinez was his own worst enemy, we would play badly and he would come out telling us how great we were and how he must have watched a different game.

The problem with Koeman is he never established a system, there was no clear team DNA or style. Everything he was criticised for at his previous roles at Valencia, AZ and Feyenoord was obvious at Everton
Blue

November 05, 2017, 01:02:26 PM
Reply #1092

bluenuck

Are we basically saying we should have gone after southamptons back room staff and not koeman?

November 05, 2017, 01:49:02 PM
Reply #1093

KoemansNumberTens

But people were right on Martinez and they were right on the complete mess koeman had made and knew it before the season start. Sometimes it's not even about results it that you can see someone is doing a really shitty job

November 05, 2017, 01:55:08 PM
Reply #1094

BlueMaquis

But people were right on Martinez and they were right on the complete mess koeman had made and knew it before the season start. Sometimes it's not even about results it that you can see someone is doing a really shitty job

Rewriting history a bit now, aren't we? Before the season started everyone was reasonably happy, the discontent only started when the transfer window closed without getting a striker in and we started losing games.