February 22, 2018, 05:14:17 AM

Author Topic: Niasse  (Read 30483 times)

November 21, 2017, 10:29:52 PM
Reply #405

blueski

can't see any appeal being successful unfortunately. the media seem to be making an example of him.

seems like they are all too happy to target a player like Niasse who isn't a big name and label him a cheat

the poor man - like he hasn't been through enough adversity already.

groupthink is such a drag sometimes.

Nil Satis

November 21, 2017, 10:38:14 PM
Reply #406

Alanvideo

The media ,the refs and the FA all favour the big teams. Kompany should have got  a red card at the weekend ,just like a Leicester player would have .
I think we are right to appeal as there was contact but it might make the punishment worse.
We are special ,we are Everton.

November 21, 2017, 10:50:38 PM
Reply #407

JordanianEmbassy

We should have an ex-parrot too, just to complete the set.

He didn't dive he was pining for the fjords!

November 21, 2017, 10:56:46 PM
Reply #408

Paddockoldie

Surely he should get a booking if anything as that's what he'd have got had the red thought he dived on the night? A bad is worse punishment, after the event and for the same 'crime'.. Gerrard would never have played.

November 21, 2017, 10:58:01 PM
Reply #409

van der Meyde

Just had a look at the video of the incident again as didn't see it in the ground.

Does Niasse really even appeal for a penalty? I'd have had a "fraudulent appeal" as a prerequisite for deception personally. As it is, Taylor's got a clear view and gives the penalty immediately.

It's a very soft penalty, but the referee getting it wrong doesn't mean it's deception.

November 21, 2017, 11:03:51 PM
Reply #410

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Makes me sad reading that, only because I remember when we were "a top club"  mid table clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City never got a look in.
Arsenal have always been a top club.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

November 21, 2017, 11:23:30 PM
Reply #411

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Would have preferred him to be available to play with Rooney as I wouldn’t say we had any particular momentum attacking since our 5 goals have been 2 forced errors, a set piece and 1 pen where the defender slipped and 1 “debatable” decision.

Created 1 decent and chance second half vs Palace and had no spells of pressure.

We need to find some way of increasing our possession in the opposition’s half.

Having more players who can pass the ball (plus move from their starting position) would be a start.

We of course need some “runners” to balance this out.

The only time we did that was second half vs Chelsea.

I agree to a point, and I'd say the way we've been scoring isn't maybe built on the right foundations. However, I don't think we score possibly 4 out of 5 goals without Niasse. That is a concern to me, as unless Sandro has an awakening we're left with Rooney and DCL again and have we not tried that enough to say it lacks potency? We are benefiting from the movement and pressing up front that he provides or with other players combines to make happen, and which we were utterly lacking beforehand.

November 22, 2017, 12:11:54 AM
Reply #412

74Blue

Surely he should get a booking if anything as that's what he'd have got had the red thought he dived on the night? A bad is worse punishment, after the event and for the same 'crime'.. Gerrard would never have played.
Gerrard? Dive???
Never. Gerrard would never do anything like that and he would have a strong word if one of his teammates tried it too. He said so in his book, so it must be true!

November 22, 2017, 12:12:44 AM
Reply #413

Macca77

November 22, 2017, 12:19:41 AM
Reply #414

Ridge

Crazy precedent to set, there is clear contact and Dann attempts to obstruct path with no intent for the ball.

November 22, 2017, 12:23:26 AM
Reply #415

MmmBlueRamirez

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 22, 2017, 12:33:58 AM
Reply #416

Macca77

Kopite behaviour. Colm should know better.

Haha i thought exactly the same

November 22, 2017, 12:41:32 AM
Reply #417

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
He went down far too easily, there was hardly any contact that affected his balance. If it was an opposition player in front of Gwladys Street we'd be fuming. And it could have been both a penalty and a dive.
Diving is ruining the game for spectators and it's good to see some action being taken. You win some you lose some.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

November 22, 2017, 03:41:23 AM
Reply #418

plowman2

So long as they are consistent it might benefit us in the long run. We tend to be pretty green when it comes to cheating!
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

November 22, 2017, 04:38:06 AM
Reply #419

blueski

Just had a look at the video of the incident again as didn't see it in the ground.

Does Niasse really even appeal for a penalty? I'd have had a "fraudulent appeal" as a prerequisite for deception personally. As it is, Taylor's got a clear view and gives the penalty immediately.

It's a very soft penalty, but the referee getting it wrong doesn't mean it's deception.
it was a quick decision by the referee but there's no move made by Niasse to appeal for a penalty. perhaps that's part of the basis for the appeal?
Nil Satis