September 20, 2018, 02:15:51 AM

Author Topic: Jordan Pickford  (Read 10262 times)

November 16, 2017, 10:43:17 PM
Reply #105

gizzblue

So on that basis we can't blame Unsy either really .It would be nice to leave them all alone .
We can't blame him really ...but we can question his tactics, team selection (starts poor like RK did) etc .
But we cant really blame him for our position in the slightest .

November 18, 2017, 05:08:06 PM
Reply #106

Toddacelli

I really like him.

He was a bit weird at the Leicester game though. I was right behind the goal and when he came out in the second half, he took his water bottle and squirted it all over a tv camera at the back of the net and when some woman shouted at him for it he just blew her a kiss. It was a little strange, but I think he could be quite a character.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 19, 2017, 12:01:21 AM
Reply #107

Coyb12

Bit of a let down really is Mr Pickford.

November 19, 2017, 12:02:02 AM
Reply #108

Lxxx

Bit of a let down really is Mr Pickford.

He's a young kid. It depends what you were expecting.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 12:05:03 AM by Lxxx »

November 19, 2017, 12:04:18 AM
Reply #109

Bluedylan

Boss player, with a few little kinks to iron out in his game (as all players at his age do). Dread to think where we'd be without him.
The days of Joel, Stek and a declining Howard still bring me out in cold sweats when I think about them.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 19, 2017, 12:08:27 AM
Reply #110

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's still learning while having an absolute shitter of a defence in front of him, he'll be sound

November 19, 2017, 12:11:03 AM
Reply #111

Ross

Needs to pick and choose his moments to release a quick kick out better. It should have hit home today after the 3rd or 4th time he rushed it out after we’d been under pressure only for it to come straight back at us but it didn’t it seemed. At one point Jags and Sigurdsson gave him a right bollocking for it yet he did it again minutes later.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 19, 2017, 12:16:45 AM
Reply #112

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He's doing his learning last season and this season and he's getting lots of practice thanks to shitty defences in front of him both seasons.

For a young kid, he's saved us a lot this season, and he is doing more than he normally should, so yes, he's going to make more mistakes. Pickford is way down the list of problems though.

I would say both our extreme players positionally wise (keeper and striker) are our smallest problems right now.
"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer

November 19, 2017, 12:20:29 AM
Reply #113

KoemansNumberTens

He's been responsible for a lot of dodgy moments. The save before the pen against Watford, the Arsenal equaliser, the late chance today all were pushed right back into the area

He's been bang average in a sea of absolute shit. He's made as many mistakes as Joel was making. Yes he's a young lad, yes he's playing in a shite team. Which are both fair in mitigation but people claiming he's the 2nd best keeper in the league

Also the best young keeper? Is that much of a contest? Which other young keepers are playing

November 19, 2017, 12:21:32 AM
Reply #114

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He's been responsible for a lot of dodgy moments. The save before the pen against Watford, the Arsenal equaliser, the late chance today all were pushed right back into the area

He's been bang average in a sea of absolute shit. He's made as many mistakes as Joel was making. Yes he's a young lad, yes he's playing in a shite team. Which are both fair in mitigation but people claiming he's the 2nd best keeper in the league

Also the best young keeper? Is that much of a contest? Which other young keepers are playing

Why can't you just say average like a normal human being?

November 19, 2017, 12:27:14 AM
Reply #115

Bluedylan

If De Gea had faced the number of point blank shots and 1v1s that Pickford had faced this season, you can 100% guarantee that he'd have parried shots out into the box. Your exacting standards are wildly unrealistic and preposterous.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 19, 2017, 12:27:54 AM
Reply #116

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I really like him.
He needs to start parrying the ball away from the opposition players though, a few times this season he's pushed the ball right out to one of their players, today it led to their first goal.

It's obviously something that can be taught, so I'm not too concerned.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 12:30:04 AM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

November 19, 2017, 12:29:31 AM
Reply #117

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

It's testament to his ability that he's one of only a few young keepers playing week in week out. I think @TheRam said that the way he plays he will sometimes cost us points. He's a goalkeeper who looks to play on the front foot and he's as interested in us getting forward quickly as keeping us solid. In a team performing better than we are he will look superb.

November 19, 2017, 12:30:23 AM
Reply #118

Macca77

Tim Howard was better

November 19, 2017, 12:31:15 AM
Reply #119

gizzblue

Tim Howard was better
So will Pickford be at 34 years old im quite sure. 😅😅.