December 15, 2018, 07:56:37 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce in Everton talks  (Read 30819 times)

November 29, 2017, 11:53:08 PM
Reply #810

MrWhite

Even our sponsors are taking the piss

https://twitter.com/SportPesa_UK/status/935884258547261441

Probably jealous that PaddyPower got to announce it ahead of them.

November 29, 2017, 11:53:18 PM
Reply #811

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Don't be a snowflake .

Fuck off with that shit. There are people on here who genuinely suffer with mental health issues. Then there are people like me who work closely with kids who are in utter bits because of their mental health. It's not being a snowflake as I am far from that. It's called not being a cunt
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 03:55:59 PM by Brownie20 »
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 29, 2017, 11:59:44 PM
Reply #812

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
My thoughts...

I am unhappy, we always were a cut above the rabble. Not appointing the same old tired group who move from one club to the other. We are more than a laughing stock.

One thing is clear, a group of old white, rich men control the inner workings of things and they keep things pretty much to themselves. i am sad we are a part of that.

My only positive is that we have absolutely no hope for the derby so if we actually do win, what would that make the Liverpool? An even bigger laughing stock?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 30, 2017, 12:01:59 AM
Reply #813

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Figures being talked about of what we will be paying him is 6m a year. Outside of the elite managers in the world, surely most managers for 6m a year would come to us even in this state? He'll be around the top 10 paid managers in the world, crazy.

Is this true?

That's a complete joke.

On the one hand it's not my money so who cares.

But we're made to look a laughing stock to have our pants pulled down so publicly by Allardyce in a completely bungled negotiation.

And every agent, whether for a player or a manager, will know if they play their cards right with some very basic negotiating tactics, they'll be able to completely mug us off.

November 30, 2017, 12:48:57 AM
Reply #814

Faceatthefence

Is this true?

That's a complete joke.

On the one hand it's not my money so who cares.

But we're made to look a laughing stock to have our pants pulled down so publicly by Allardyce in a completely bungled negotiation.

And every agent, whether for a player or a manager, will know if they play their cards right with some very basic negotiating tactics, they'll be able to completely mug us off.
Sad mate...Weve jumped into bed with Aspreys and shopped at Ratners.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

November 30, 2017, 12:48:59 AM
Reply #815

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
OK. I am now going to try and talk myself into accepting Allardyce.

1. We desperately need organisation.

Itís clear as day that we need organisation. In regards to a manager who spend some time (or rather his coaches do) on shape, organisation, structure with and without the ball - Big Sam does so these things.

His teams are very clear in terms of personality and ethos. Weíve lacked this for 3/4 years and the total chaos we see every week is the logical conclusion of this.

He will sort out this back four inside a month I think. He will be good for Keane, good for Jags and maybe even good for Williams.

2. Transfers

We will have somewhat more joined up thinking with Walsh and Sam eating off the same extra-large Carvery plate, unlike koeman and Walsh that seemed to barely be able to look one another in the eye.

This kind of cohesion is GOOD. Whether they will actually do well with it, I donít know, but at least theyíll all be on the same page for once.

If you look through his historic buys, there are a number of big hits (Djorjkaeff, Anelka, Okocha) and he has been known to buy from less obvious places compared to most English managers. Heís moved away a bit, but maybe him and Walsh can bring in some exotic gems to remind us all of his heyday?

3. His Past - Our Immediate Future

He knows his way around this particular buffet better than anyone. Yes, that does write the narrative for us to be the first, most expensive, most useless fucking side ever to take the premís premier escapologist down, but in my opinion heís probably in an easier situation than heís been in the past. Squad is fucked, but with the organisation from above and the individual attacking players (even while being the worst weíve been in years, weíve still scored somehow, so with an actual plan and hopefully less crushingly early Goals and heartbreakingly simple and inevitable defeats...we may even score a bit more).

Itís not likely to be champagne football, but what we do like is aggression, tackles and a bit of snide. He should be able to bring this, and as long as he hits his own average we will be fine. If he betters it, we may get a surprise.

4. Prog-Grock

Yep, he plays for yardage. Yep, he plays for set pieces. Yep, he believes in getting it up there and getting it in the fucking net.

But - heís actually a weirdly progressive coach. Itís not in the typical way of fancy possession based play, but he has a style, and he is extremely effective at implementing it.

He is in my opinion, the first Ďmoneyballí coach of the prem, and this goes back to Bolton. The concept of identifying undervalued assets and gaining an advantage through leveraging those assets in your own set up is something sam has been doing for a long time.

Sometimes through signing older players, sometimes through singing from (at the time) exotic leagues - his transfer record is 1) pretty good and 2) pretty good value for doh.

Also, there is a very modern trend for paying very close attention to set pieces to gain an advantage often ignored by competition (moneyball again) see : F.C. mid and Brentford is it? - well sam has been doing that since day one. He embraced data and sports science before any other English manager.

Sigurdsson will benefit from Sam Allardyceís tutalage. So will anyone in the squad who can head a ball. Looking at you Jags, Keane, Williams.

5) Step Up?

Is this his biggest job in club football? Probably is, innit?

Heís a man whoís regularly banged his own drum. Heís a truculent chest banger with a monstrous ego. What do you think he wants to do with this job? Yeah sure, earn a wedge of doh, but heís been talking about how heíd win the lot with a bigger team, so have his extremely annoying fan club on here all week - so fuck it, letís see what heís got.

6) Star Man

It is also typical of Sam to implement his structure and allow one or two Star men to shine. Another good sign for Sig? Lookman maybe?

A typical Ďproper football maní doesnt strike me as the sort to allow jay jay okocha the room to perform, and if we had another escapologist like pards or Pulis I would say - attackers are fucked, but Sam doesnít mind a bit of flair, especially when it helps him win free kicks high up the pitch.

7) Dunno

Listen, I know think this is half arsed, I know Iím leaning quite heavily on some proper half facts, but I need something to lean on and thatís not just down to the 4 cans of ipa Iím pounding on the virgin pendalino to limey.

I didnít want him, I donít want him, I think itís a bad sign and Iím fucked off with it. I also donít believe in guarantees in footy so he better get to work ASAP.

But - you canít tell me you watched that saints game and thought, yeah weíll get out of this mess.

Another write off season from Everton, but fuckin hell. What can I do about it? Iíll probably feel differently later after moyesyís gang of knobheads stick us in the reggers zone, but right now Iím just grasping and hoping.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 30, 2017, 12:52:57 AM
Reply #816

sam of the south

Haha, Allardyce filmed in car park through a curtain.

Can understand him smiling, Moshiri looked way to chuffed for my liking, though
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 30, 2017, 12:53:03 AM
Reply #817

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
This is his big chance. Let's see if he takes it.

November 30, 2017, 12:53:46 AM
Reply #818

Macca77

Just arrived at Goodison with Moshiri and Walsh, huge smile on his face

November 30, 2017, 12:56:56 AM
Reply #819

Macca77

November 30, 2017, 12:58:46 AM
Reply #820

Gash

Global Moderator
El Hadj Diouf says he'll get us into the Champions League.  :eh:

November 30, 2017, 01:02:21 AM
Reply #821

Lincs Toffee

OK. I am now going to try and talk myself into accepting Allardyce.

1. We desperately need organisation.

It's clear as day that we need organisation. In regards to a manager who spend some time (or rather his coaches do) on shape, organisation, structure with and without the ball - Big Sam does so these things.

His teams are very clear in terms of personality and ethos. We've lacked this for 3/4 years and the total chaos we see every week is the logical conclusion of this.

He will sort out this back four inside a month I think. He will be good for Keane, good for Jags and maybe even good for Williams.

2. Transfers

We will have somewhat more joined up thinking with Walsh and Sam eating off the same extra-large Carvery plate, unlike koeman and Walsh that seemed to barely be able to look one another in the eye.

This kind of cohesion is GOOD. Whether they will actually do well with it, I don't know, but at least they'll all be on the same page for once.

If you look through his historic buys, there are a number of big hits (Djorjkaeff, Anelka, Okocha) and he has been known to buy from less obvious places compared to most English managers. He's moved away a bit, but maybe him and Walsh can bring in some exotic gems to remind us all of his heyday?

3. His Past - Our Immediate Future

He knows his way around this particular buffet better than anyone. Yes, that does write the narrative for us to be the first, most expensive, most useless fucking side ever to take the prem's premier escapologist down, but in my opinion he's probably in an easier situation than he's been in the past. Squad is fucked, but with the organisation from above and the individual attacking players (even while being the worst we've been in years, we've still scored somehow, so with an actual plan and hopefully less crushingly early Goals and heartbreakingly simple and inevitable defeats...we may even score a bit more).

It's not likely to be champagne football, but what we do like is aggression, tackles and a bit of snide. He should be able to bring this, and as long as he hits his own average we will be fine. If he betters it, we may get a surprise.

4. Prog-Grock

Yep, he plays for yardage. Yep, he plays for set pieces. Yep, he believes in getting it up there and getting it in the fucking net.

But - he's actually a weirdly progressive coach. It's not in the typical way of fancy possession based play, but he has a style, and he is extremely effective at implementing it.

He is in my opinion, the first "moneyball' coach of the prem, and this goes back to Bolton. The concept of identifying undervalued assets and gaining an advantage through leveraging those assets in your own set up is something sam has been doing for a long time.

Sometimes through signing older players, sometimes through singing from (at the time) exotic leagues - his transfer record is 1) pretty good and 2) pretty good value for doh.

Also, there is a very modern trend for paying very close attention to set pieces to gain an advantage often ignored by competition (moneyball again) see : F.C. mid and Brentford is it? - well sam has been doing that since day one. He embraced data and sports science before any other English manager.

Sigurdsson will benefit from Sam Allardyce's tutalage. So will anyone in the squad who can head a ball. Looking at you Jags, Keane, Williams.

5) Step Up?

Is this his biggest job in club football? Probably is, innit?

He's a man who's regularly banged his own drum. He's a truculent chest banger with a monstrous ego. What do you think he wants to do with this job? Yeah sure, earn a wedge of doh, but he's been talking about how he'd win the lot with a bigger team, so have his extremely annoying fan club on here all week - so fuck it, let's see what he's got.

6) Star Man

It is also typical of Sam to implement his structure and allow one or two Star men to shine. Another good sign for Sig? Lookman maybe?

A typical "proper football man' doesnt strike me as the sort to allow jay jay okocha the room to perform, and if we had another escapologist like pards or Pulis I would say - attackers are fucked, but Sam doesn't mind a bit of flair, especially when it helps him win free kicks high up the pitch.

7) Dunno

Listen, I know think this is half arsed, I know I'm leaning quite heavily on some proper half facts, but I need something to lean on and that's not just down to the 4 cans of ipa I'm pounding on the virgin pendalino to limey.

I didn't want him, I don't want him, I think it's a bad sign and I'm fucked off with it. I also don't believe in guarantees in footy so he better get to work ASAP.

But - you can't tell me you watched that saints game and thought, yeah we'll get out of this mess.

Another write off season from Everton, but fuckin hell. What can I do about it? I'll probably feel differently later after moyesy's gang of knobheads stick us in the reggers zone, but right now I'm just grasping and hoping.
Decent post that mate, we have no option but to get behind him now heís here, as unlikely as that may have seemed this summer. We are the worst performing team in the league and need a kick up the arse, hopefully all the positives you have highlighted will be implemented and we will be pleasantly surprised by the end off the season.
ďI used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.Ē - Dixie Dean

November 30, 2017, 01:03:30 AM
Reply #822

eyesalwaysblue

Haha, Allardyce filmed in car park through a curtain.

Can understand him smiling, Moshiri looked way to chuffed for my liking, though
Must have been the Mosh's medication time.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 30, 2017, 01:03:31 AM
Reply #823

Everton Mint

A lot of bullshit is spoken about football manager's.... all that style of play and tactical genius stuff.

Good organisation, playing for each other and getting real team spirit are as important, if not more so, and especially if the players arent the best or low on confidence.

If Allardyce gets these aspects right then the good football will come anyway through our more talented players.

November 30, 2017, 01:13:43 AM
Reply #824

blue slug

At the end of the day heís our manager wether we like it or not so get behind him and the team and fingers crossed he may surprise us