September 23, 2017, 01:42:59 AM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 25852 times)

wepull and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

March 16, 2017, 02:47:34 AM
Reply #165

Elgoodo1978

That's it. He's the next Matt Le Tissier. No pressure lad

Maybe I should have elaborated, but I never released I could have such a compelling effect on the lad.

How he plays and some of the goals he has scored reminds of Le Tiss but with more of a swagger, albeit at a completely different level. So I enjoy watching him play partly because he reminds me of another player I enjoyed watching in the past (who was a lazy bastard). So much so that I did indeed decide to watch some of the old Le Tissier goals from back in the day. 

In addition, I also think he has the look of a young Lee Mavers about him, and although I'm not expecting him to write the next 'looking glass', I did put on The LA's album last week.

deCoubertin

March 16, 2017, 03:06:06 AM
Reply #166

ally2

Maybe I should have elaborated, but I never released I could have such a compelling effect on the lad.

How he plays and some of the goals he has scored reminds of Le Tiss but with more of a swagger, albeit at a completely different level. So I enjoy watching him play partly because he reminds me of another player I enjoyed watching in the past (who was a lazy bastard). So much so that I did indeed decide to watch some of the old Le Tissier goals from back in the day. 

In addition, I also think he has the look of a young Lee Mavers about him, and although I'm not expecting him to write the next 'looking glass', I did put on The LA's album last week.

Yeah it's OK I knew what you meant. My favourite type of player so let's hope we see some nice stuff from him at whatever level he gets to.

March 16, 2017, 03:15:09 AM
Reply #167

Major Clanger

Come on, you can't have any more swagger than Le Tiss. :)
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 16, 2017, 04:36:50 AM
Reply #168

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Le tissier's a knob head.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 16, 2017, 03:53:10 PM
Reply #169

Elgoodo1978

Yeah it's OK I knew what you meant. My favourite type of player so let's hope we see some nice stuff from him at whatever level he gets to.

Here, here

March 23, 2017, 05:58:54 PM
Reply #170

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Everton are in talks with Nottingham Forest over a deal for teenage midfielder Brennan Johnson, as the club step up their search for the country’s leading young talents.

Johnson, 15, is the son of former Forest and Ipswich striker David and Everton have seen a number of bids rejected by the Championship club.

Everton want to sign the England under-16 international this season but have been told to pay around £1million, with director of football Steve Walsh now expected to enter negotiations. The deal could go to a tribunal if Everton fail to agree a fee.

March 23, 2017, 07:43:02 PM
Reply #171

Macca77

Million quid for a 15 year old, fucking hell

March 23, 2017, 07:53:26 PM
Reply #172

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Million quid for a 15 year old, fucking hell

Didn't Arsenal pay more than that for Jermaine Pennant about 15 years ago?

We're just behind the curve!

March 23, 2017, 07:55:41 PM
Reply #173

Ross

Didn't Arsenal pay more than that for Jermaine Pennant about 15 years ago?

We're just behind the curve!

Wasn't it about £5m they paid?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 23, 2017, 08:10:30 PM
Reply #174

Robioto

I think it was just over £2m.

March 23, 2017, 08:44:55 PM
Reply #175

hill135

Didn't we pay more for George Green?

March 23, 2017, 08:49:18 PM
Reply #176

Rhys

Didn't we pay more for George Green?

300k up front. The deal was rising to 2m based on future incentives, so unless it was number of Bacardi breezers strawpedo'd I dont think it will have gone above 300k.

March 23, 2017, 08:51:23 PM
Reply #177

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

That was them buying Sterling from QPR. Or Ibe from Wycombe.

Maybe both?

March 23, 2017, 09:10:24 PM
Reply #178

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
anywhere to watch the England game? Dowel, Lookman and Kenny all starting...
I have to return some videotapes.

March 23, 2017, 10:52:10 PM
Reply #179

Macca77

Pay for them using haribo jellies, it they don't like that then offer them some tangfastic's