May 26, 2017, 06:08:22 PM

Author Topic: [News]Lukaku set to sign new Everton deal, says agent  (Read 13157 times)

February 11, 2017, 02:56:39 AM
Reply #45

Cozzie

I don't think they do. Sissoko is top earner on 90k/wk.

February 11, 2017, 02:59:11 AM
Reply #46

Lxxx

February 11, 2017, 03:00:42 AM
Reply #47

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
haha West Ham getting shafted there.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

February 11, 2017, 03:01:36 AM
Reply #48

MartinezsLeftTeste

I'd much rather we followed the Spurs model to be honest. I.e. No-one over 100k/week. Keep everyone hungry and a respectable distance between the weekly wage of team-mates, not one or two way out in front.
We're Everton not fuckin Palace.

Footballers aren't charities though. Wages are obviously crazy but if the going rate is 150k a week then they aren't gonna take less because we are following a model. Kane won't keep signing unless he gets the going rate
We need to get value for money but we also need to be realistic about what people will accept

February 11, 2017, 03:06:06 AM
Reply #49

American Evertonian

Pay the man 125-150k. He is worth every pound. Being our only striker this whole season he has probably saved us money in that we haven't had to pay a back up to ride the bench.

We have the money now so let's keep him here. He will help us attract other big names in seasons to come if he stays. The Rom-Ron Dynasty begins.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

February 11, 2017, 03:09:31 AM
Reply #50

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
On that wages thing there. Isn't Big Morgs on 100k a week? Can't see him earning anything less than that tbh.

If Lukaku gets 120k a week the only problem it creates is other players suddenly wanting a pay rise.

We've got to be aware of that.

Players like Barkley and Coleman will surely be asking for a massive rise as well? They probably won't, as they just love playing for the blues, but it'll make it easier to turn their heads for other teams.

It's probably time we spent a lot more on wages now.

February 11, 2017, 04:12:30 AM
Reply #51

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Schneiderlin details deffo won't be released prior to that report
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 04:13:59 AM by Mick 1995 »

February 11, 2017, 05:18:58 AM
Reply #52

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

And that list right there shows 50k+ reason why Keane will be leaving Burnley in the summer.

How can you have your top earner on 30k?
I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

February 11, 2017, 05:31:19 AM
Reply #53

Cozzie

And that list right there shows 50k+ reason why Keane will be leaving Burnley in the summer.

How can you have your top earner on 30k?

And you would like to think he is worth more than Robbie Brady.

I think the wage structure will be smashed next season by us, when I smashed I do mean in our own terms, not by top club standard, but a significant increase.

Reckon most of our new deals for the top main first teamers will be over 100,000.

It's how we need to start acting in my opinion if we want to attract the top players.

Will see a lot of the main first teamers on 6 figure contracts next season I reckon.

February 17, 2017, 09:20:41 PM
Reply #54

Bluedylan

Erwin Koeman reckons Lukaku is a better finisher than Van Basten, having worked closely with both.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

February 17, 2017, 10:16:41 PM
Reply #55

BlueBeagle

Darren Fletcher and James Morrison on 65k a week.

The pair of them combined aren't worth even half of one of their weekly wage.

February 17, 2017, 11:28:25 PM
Reply #56

Ross

NSNO Subscriber
Either Erwin Koeman has onset Alzheimer's or he's hit the ale at the airport big time.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 17, 2017, 11:55:12 PM
Reply #57

Bluenose 91

Too young to have watched Van Basten play but is it that mad a shout?

Not many better finishers than Rom about in todays game like.
A crack on the head is what you get for asking.

February 18, 2017, 12:18:08 AM
Reply #58

Major Clanger

Not at all. It's just that back then we saw fewer players as good as he was.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

February 18, 2017, 03:32:59 AM
Reply #59

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Not many better finishers than Rom about in todays game like.

I think Van Basten was a better player, but his finishing was top quality too. Who knows, Rom may become a better player too.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.