April 29, 2017, 10:26:23 AM

Author Topic: Realistic Wish List  (Read 14869 times)

February 17, 2017, 06:56:07 PM
Reply #45

BlueBeagle

We could also look at quality players at CL clubs who aren't getting a game because of the size of their squads

Whilst I kind of agree, just to play devils advocate...

Chances are they aren't as good as the players starting ahead of them so we just end up treading water between 5th to 8th as we normally do.

February 17, 2017, 07:04:01 PM
Reply #46

Bluedylan

Chances are they aren't as good as the players starting ahead of them so we just end up treading water between 5th to 8th as we normally do.

Or they don't fit with the manager's plans there, like Big Morgan. Or there are truly exceptional players in front of them. It's not a damning indictment on Nolito that he can't get into a superb City forward line, for example. He did well when he was playing.

We're not going to sign the very top tier players at the moment. We just have to keep signing very good players (like Morgan) who are noticeably better than our current ones, in the positions we need, to bridge the gap to the Top 4. And that's very do-able with the right recruitment.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

February 17, 2017, 07:05:28 PM
Reply #47

Bluesthedaddy

With the amount of long balls we play from the back how's about Giroud to hold up and knock it down for Rom to run into. Would be realistic cost wise and a bit threat from set pieces.

February 17, 2017, 08:48:23 PM
Reply #48

Evertonian in NC

We could also look at quality players at CL clubs who aren't getting a game because of the size of their squads, like Schneiderlin.

Nolito could be an option for a good, productive wide player. Batshuayi for a striker maybe?
We could also look at quality players at CL clubs who aren't getting a game because of the size of their squads, like Schneiderlin.

Nolito could be an option for a good, productive wide player. Batshuayi for a striker maybe?

We've seemingly been talking Batshuayi forever, and he hardly gets any match time at all now (unless they're up 3-nil in the 85th minute).  Looked good in international duty, to me.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 17, 2017, 08:53:08 PM
Reply #49

Lxxx

We've seemingly been talking Batshuayi forever, and he hardly gets any match time at all now (unless they're up 3-nil in the 85th minute).  Looked good in international duty, to me.

Chelsea don't lose money anymore. He cost 33m. I would think he's a no. Unless Rom goes.

February 17, 2017, 08:57:13 PM
Reply #50

smellybum

Might we go back in for Perez? Not getting a kick at Aresnal.
If talking realistic, then we are looking at him, Keane, Pickford, maybe Luke Shaw needs a new environment.

Front 3 will pick itself Lukaku or his replacement, Barkley and lookman, midfield looks solid enough when they are all fit and ready to go. So defence and goalie is where it will be at, and Rom's replacement.

February 17, 2017, 09:00:24 PM
Reply #51

Lxxx

If talking realistic, then we are looking at him, Keane, Pickford, maybe Luke Shaw needs a new environment.

Front 3 will pick itself Lukaku or his replacement, Barkley and lookman, midfield looks solid enough when they are all fit and ready to go. So defence and goalie is where it will be at, and Rom's replacement.

Perez has looked decent whenever he has been given a chance. If Arsenal are prepared to take a loss on him and if the new gaffer doesn't want him then he wouldn't be a bad shout.

February 17, 2017, 09:02:20 PM
Reply #52

TheTone

Gabbiadini was realistic but gutted now after seeing him play, looks quality  :headbang:

February 17, 2017, 09:17:58 PM
Reply #53

Bluedylan

Gabbiadini was realistic but gutted now after seeing him play, looks quality  :headbang:

Not to say he isn't good, but I think it'd be better to watch him over a longer period of time before judging him properly. Not worth damaging your head over just yet.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

February 17, 2017, 11:01:43 PM
Reply #54

Thornton_19

NSNO Subscriber
He stinks of Jelavic.

February 18, 2017, 12:41:18 AM
Reply #55

BlueForYou

Sigurdsson
Hummels
Van Dijk
Tielemans
Mata
Dembele
Lewandowski
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 12:45:23 AM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 18, 2017, 01:49:48 AM
Reply #56

van der Meyde

Depends a little on how long you do it for. It would probably help us bridge the gap, as the bench players of a lot of teams ahead of us are better than some of our starters. But once we've reached that stage we'll need to start buying players who could challenge to get into the first team.

February 18, 2017, 02:36:33 AM
Reply #57

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Think we all need to calm down with the Siggs love train.

Yeah, he's a good player, but is he really the quality we need?

We need someone to do what Arteta did and can you really see him doing that?

As for the shouts that he's better than Barkley. Come on man.

February 18, 2017, 02:42:34 AM
Reply #58

MartinezsLeftTeste

Be very happy with Keane Pickford and shaw. Think that's our short term future. Be the best choice for the top young players who may get offered a move to the top 4 but might not get game time if they go.

February 18, 2017, 02:55:24 AM
Reply #59

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Think we all need to calm down with the Siggs love train.

Yeah, he's a good player, but is he really the quality we need?

We need someone to do what Arteta did and can you really see him doing that?

As for the shouts that he's better than Barkley. Come on man.

Where would you play an Arteta type? Is Schneiderlin supposed to be that guy?

i think we need a Hazard/ozil/mata/Silva type player. Actually, Fabregas would be perfect as a short term solution.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Aruna Kone, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...