June 24, 2017, 12:16:21 PM

Author Topic: Realistic Wish List  (Read 16819 times)

February 18, 2017, 01:55:03 PM
Reply #60

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Where would you play an Arteta type? Is Schneiderlin supposed to be that guy?

i think we need a Hazard/ozil/mata/Silva type player. Actually, Fabregas would be perfect as a short term solution.

I think it is that clever link up player we need

We're strong and fast and can play on the counter but tend to have trouble breaking teams down when they defend deep

I'm not sure who that player is who we could realistically get but hopefully we find him this summer

Might it be Kieran Dowell in the future?
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 18, 2017, 03:59:12 PM
Reply #61

Danny

Ander Herrera would be good if United don't want him but he seems a key player these days, Liverpool fans hate him as well so that's a plus.

February 18, 2017, 04:02:02 PM
Reply #62

Redartin

5 pages of ifs, and buts, and maybes and not one mention of Yarmolenko the biggest if, but, and maybe of the last few windows.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

February 18, 2017, 04:28:39 PM
Reply #63

Robioto

5 pages of ifs, and buts, and maybes and not one mention of Yarmolenko the biggest if, but, and maybe of the last few windows.

Probably because people are fed up with talking about him. Discussion has pretty much been exhausted over the past 3 years.

February 18, 2017, 04:37:14 PM
Reply #64

Redartin

Probably because people are fed up with talking about him. Discussion has pretty much been exhausted over the past 3 years.
Yeah but saying as we have no game this week and have resorted to talking shite, (not that a game makes much difference), I just thought I'd throw in the Creme De Shite.

February 18, 2017, 04:46:53 PM
Reply #65

Bluedylan

Yeah but saying as we have no game this week and have resorted to talking shite, (not that a game makes much difference), I just thought I'd throw in the Creme De Shite.

You're the only one who's resorted to talking shite. Other people are trying to come up with potential signings.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

February 18, 2017, 05:01:55 PM
Reply #66

Toddacelli

Where would you play an Arteta type? Is Schneiderlin supposed to be that guy?

i think we need a Hazard/ozil/mata/Silva type player. Actually, Fabregas would be perfect as a short term solution.

Would love Silva but not realistic. If he wanted a move he could easily go to a top European side.

Mata, I think, was realistic when we knew Mourhino was going to Utd but obviously they've kissed and made up since then I think he's arguably been Utd's best performer this season. No longer realistic.

Hoping Walsh already knows who is coming in to that role for us...

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 18, 2017, 05:11:19 PM
Reply #67

Robioto

Ha, fair enough, Juan Roman Riquelme still playing?

February 18, 2017, 05:54:21 PM
Reply #68

Bally

Administrator
I hate this fucking thread
It's the roll I way

February 18, 2017, 06:33:43 PM
Reply #69

Mayor Farnum

Can't be a football fan without a little bit of constructive thinking that sees us dreaming about signings. THIS THREAD SHOULD BE COMPULSORY!

February 18, 2017, 06:37:57 PM
Reply #70

Toddacelli

I'll be honest - I don't have enough time to keep abreast of what's happening in the rest of the Premier League, let alone the wider footballing world. Like I said earlier - this is what Walsh is for.

Plus all the Footy Manager crowd who know the name of a promising 19 year-old Anderlecht left-back or some other such stuff.

By rights this thread should be full of YouTube vids of who we hink Walsh might go for. Love a good YouTube vid me :)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 18, 2017, 07:31:22 PM
Reply #71

Redartin

You're the only one who's resorted to talking shite. Other people are trying to come up with potential signings.

Right, I see, and then what? Send the list over to Moshiri with a Dear Farhad letter like kids do with Santa at Christmas?

I don't want to burst your bubble but it doesn't give a fuck what you or I think, it's what Walsh, Koeman and Moshiri decide.

Six months ago would Bolasie, Valentia, Williams or Gueye have been on anyone' radar in this forum? Talk all you like but at the end of the day it's just bull.

February 18, 2017, 07:38:11 PM
Reply #72

Bluedylan

Right, I see, and then what? Send the list over to Moshiri with a Dear Farhad letter like kids do with Santa at Christmas?

I don't want to burst your bubble but it doesn't give a fuck what you or I think, it's what Walsh, Koeman and Moshiri decide.

Six months ago would Bolasie, Valentia, Williams or Gueye have been on anyone' radar in this forum? Talk all you like but at the end of the day it's just bull.

Why would anyone think that anyone at the club would follow our opinions? Who's labouring under that misconception? Weird thing to say.

If you hadn't noticed, it's a forum and some people enjoy speculating about players we might buy.

Along with a load of other players, Schneiderlin's been talked about on here for ages, and we ended up signing him so it's not always a million miles away from reality. 
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

February 18, 2017, 08:03:54 PM
Reply #73

Redartin

Why would anyone think that anyone at the club would follow our opinions? Who's labouring under that misconception? Weird thing to say.

Not really, your initial post sounded as if I had interrupted a major board meeting with a crass remark.

If you hadn't noticed, it's a forum and some people enjoy speculating about players we might buy.
Well good for you. Speculate away, no one is stopping you. But as you say it is a forum and some people may find speculating a waste of time.

Along with a load of other players, Schneiderlin's been talked about on here for ages, and we ended up signing him so it's not always a million miles away from reality. 
Your right!
One out of goodness knows how many ain't bad. Well done.

Do you think will Arsenal come looking for Ron if Wenger goes?

February 18, 2017, 08:11:56 PM
Reply #74

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Not really, your initial post sounded as if I had interrupted a major board meeting with a crass remark.
Well good for you. Speculate away, no one is stopping you. But as you say it is a forum and some people may find speculating a waste of time.
Your right!
One out of goodness knows how many ain't bad. Well done.

Do you think will Arsenal come looking for Ron if Wenger goes?

The yaromlenko thing is a bit fucking boring though.

I think we're all bored of seeing the same shite jokes on here.