April 25, 2017, 07:23:25 PM

Author Topic: [News]"Barkley will leave Everton"  (Read 9217 times)

March 07, 2017, 03:35:41 PM
Reply #45

Cereal Killer

lets start a different rumour, how about "Redknapp will leave Sky"

"Sources close to Sky Sports say that Jamie Redknapp is close to having his contract with the broadcaster terminated. The insider has leaked that there is grave concern over Redknapp's ability as a pundit and that with a myriad of options to fill his spot, the pressure is on for him to prove that he can improve significantly over the coming weeks"

March 07, 2017, 08:27:58 PM
Reply #46

Ridge

Jamie Redknapp looks set to become the new Sun gossip reporter.

March 07, 2017, 10:09:30 PM
Reply #47

sam of the south

Jamie Redknapp looks set to become the new Sun gossip reporter.

Top Kopite, him
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 07, 2017, 10:15:40 PM
Reply #48

Bluedylan

So if we're to speculate, what do we think is going on with this? Was it intentional by Koeman not to give Ross a new deal just deal to keep him hungry, as part of his 'tough love' approach this season?

I think Ross has demonstrated enough improvement, consistency and commitment to Koeman's way of playing that we need to get this wrapped up now. I'm not massively worried, because there's been no leaks or suggestions that Barkley is considering playing elsewhere, which would normally come out in the press by this stage. But it will be a relief, along with Rom's, to get this done.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

March 07, 2017, 10:17:19 PM
Reply #49

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Koeman wouldn't play him if he wasn't playing well

It would be madness to play him,  get him playing well and then not give him a deal

I'm quite calm about it all. New deal signed soon I reckon
Heisenberg thoughts on Lukaku :
If he was English his value would be 10-15.

March 07, 2017, 10:19:51 PM
Reply #50

Bob Sacamano

Koeman wouldn't play him if he wasn't playing well

It would be madness to play him,  get him playing well and then not give him a deal

I'm quite calm about it all. New deal signed soon I reckon

Ross and Rom will sign together. The delay in Rom actually signing is purly marketing, imo.

The legal bit of Roms is done and now onto Ross, then sign together for a photo-op.

March 07, 2017, 10:31:43 PM
Reply #51

Bluedylan

Ross and Rom will sign together. The delay in Rom actually signing is purly marketing, imo.

The legal bit of Roms is done and now onto Ross, then sign together for a photo-op.

That would be sweet. A stadium announcement is hopefully in the offing very soon. If we can get those three things sorted, along with getting European qualification, it could go a long way to making our summer transfer business more successful in terms of attracting players.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

March 07, 2017, 10:36:01 PM
Reply #52

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
With the amount these guys get paid we really should have  at least 2-4 hours  minimum a day on construction work on the new stadium
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Aruna Kone, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 07, 2017, 11:11:25 PM
Reply #53

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
With the amount these guys get paid we really should have  at least 2-4 hours  minimum a day on construction work on the new stadium

You just want to see the top half of their arses, don't you?
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

March 08, 2017, 04:29:51 AM
Reply #54

van der Meyde

So if we're to speculate, what do we think is going on with this? Was it intentional by Koeman not to give Ross a new deal just deal to keep him hungry, as part of his 'tough love' approach this season?

I think Ross has demonstrated enough improvement, consistency and commitment to Koeman's way of playing that we need to get this wrapped up now. I'm not massively worried, because there's been no leaks or suggestions that Barkley is considering playing elsewhere, which would normally come out in the press by this stage. But it will be a relief, along with Rom's, to get this done.
There have been a few stories throughout December and January linking him with Spurs which all suggested he was waiting until the end of the season before deciding on the contract.

I'm hoping it's just a case of two and two, but with whispers from ITKs on other boards and the fact he only signed a 4 year contract rather than 5 last year, I'm fairly concerned personally.

March 08, 2017, 04:37:18 AM
Reply #55

Simon Paul

Administrator

"Sources close to Sky Sports say that Jamie Redknapp is close to having his contract with the broadcaster terminated. The insider has leaked that there is grave concern over Redknapp's ability as a pundit and that with a myriad of options to fill his spot, the pressure is on for him to prove that he can improve significantly over the coming weeks"

https://twitter.com/nsno/status/839243440927956993

feel free to retweet and see how far we get this.... ;)

March 08, 2017, 04:41:21 AM
Reply #56

benny

NSNO Subscriber

he will just go to BT and join the rest of the red shite commentators [ if you can call them that ]

March 08, 2017, 04:59:46 AM
Reply #57

Ross

NSNO Subscriber
I've actually heard that Sky are looking to replace Jamie Redknapp next season with David Beckham because of Skys flagging viewership. They knew months ago they couldn't compete with BT for the champions league games and have been hemorrhaging football viewers for a while and are looking at a rebrand to give them a boost.

Redknapps already rumoured to be in talks with Bein Sports and Sky want Beckham and Neville to work as a double act on the Monday night big iPad with Carragher "promoted" to a co-commentator role.

Giggs was considered but he's concentrating on other things at the moment.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 08, 2017, 05:01:47 AM
Reply #58

Gash

Global Moderator
There have been a few stories throughout December and January linking him with Spurs which all suggested he was waiting until the end of the season before deciding on the contract.

I'm hoping it's just a case of two and two, but with whispers from ITKs on other boards and the fact he only signed a 4 year contract rather than 5 last year, I'm fairly concerned personally.

I think the only way he'll leave is if we want to sell him, we don't need the money so it would take a bonkers offer to even tempt us. I don't see him wanting to leave, the lad's living the dream. He's playing for his boyhood club, he loves the song about him, he's hitting good form, loving his football at the moment by all accounts and on top of all that he's getting paid a fortune to do it.

In a nice way for us he doesn't appear very ambitious, as in going to another club to win things. I've always got the impression he's doing what he's always wanted to and anything more is a bonus, if he's going to win things he wants to do it with us. Koeman's handled him brilliantly despite plenty reservations about what he was doing calling him out and even Barkley questioned it but his game has got better and better all season. One thing on Sunday summed his overall improvement, he chased a nothing ball down to the byline, put the Spurs defender under pressure with the ball and ended up winning us a corner from nothing. Adding workrate to his game has made him far more complete and for me and was one of the things I always wanted him to add to his game.

I'm not at all worried about him moving, he's getting better all the time under Koeman and the way he's playing now there's not a chance we aren't going to offer him a another contract and when we do, I don't think it'll be "99.999999% done" for 4 months, it'll be agreed pretty swiftly.

March 08, 2017, 05:07:49 AM
Reply #59

sam of the south

By God, that would be magnificent  :thumbsup:
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them