June 26, 2017, 07:13:34 AM

Author Topic: [News]Baines suffers back injury as McCarthy struggles with fitness again  (Read 1944 times)

March 13, 2017, 03:27:28 PM
Reply #15

Alanvideo

Why does he?

He's been here 3 years, that's plenty of time. If he's not been fit then tough shit, why should the club continue to pay his 20k plus a week wages with absolutely no return?

Especially when he was signed by the previous manager who signed him on the back of seeing him once or twice.

Bare in mind the fact that he's now 5th choice CM and that's not including Barkley or Davies who I consider to be slightly more forward playing but could also play in the middle.
.................that's extremely harsh on the lad .He's had terrible luck with injuries . If he gets a game he's sure of a great reception from the majority of fans.
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 13, 2017, 03:32:53 PM
Reply #16

Lxxx

There's not much point in getting rid of him as there would be no takers anyway. An obscure player who hasn't been fit for three years whose only pedigree is the Hungarian league.

Much better to put him out on loan to get some game time and see whether there is actually a player there or not.

March 13, 2017, 03:45:38 PM
Reply #17

Ramjam

There's not much point in getting rid of him as there would be no takers anyway. An obscure player who hasn't been fit for three years whose only pedigree is the Hungarian league.

Much better to put him out on loan to get some game time and see whether there is actually a player there or not.

got it in one
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 13, 2017, 03:50:08 PM
Reply #18

Major Clanger

Why does he?

He's been here 3 years, that's plenty of time. If he's not been fit then tough shit, why should the club continue to pay his 20k plus a week wages with absolutely no return?

Especially when he was signed by the previous manager who signed him on the back of seeing him once or twice.

Bare in mind the fact that he's now 5th choice CM and that's not including Barkley or Davies who I consider to be slightly more forward playing but could also play in the middle.

Who then do you suggest we should sign on a free instead, with a salary of only 20k a week?
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 13, 2017, 04:10:17 PM
Reply #19

BlueBeagle

Who then do you suggest we should sign on a free instead, with a salary of only 20k a week?

Literally anyone that could even just pull on a pair of boots would be an improvement.

Allegedly it's 25-30 anyway, I quoted 20 just as a low ball figure.

March 13, 2017, 04:11:03 PM
Reply #20

Major Clanger

Literally anyone that could even just pull on a pair of boots would be an improvement.

If you believe that, you will believe anything.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 13, 2017, 04:26:47 PM
Reply #21

Jamokachi

Why does he?

Because in those three years he's not had a chance to showcase his talents.

He's young and hungry, and under a new manager (one he can learn everything from regarding his position) might be a revelation. He deserves that chance because, well that's what everyone deserves... a chance.

You write as tho it's the lad's choice to get injured.

And why the fuck are you so hung up on how much he's being paid? Is it making you lighter in the pocket? 20k is peanuts in this day and age.

March 13, 2017, 04:34:40 PM
Reply #22

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not sure Davies is seen as deep laying as the others mentioned there, he's more adventurous.

Think he's similar to McCarthy myself, but as you say a bit more adventurous.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

March 13, 2017, 04:41:39 PM
Reply #23

Bluedylan

It's a real credit to Davies and a testament to how much Koeman must rate him that he's stayed in the team when we've got so many midfield options. When he first came into the team is was almost borne out of necessity, but now it's just based on the quality of his performances. On the ball, he's been a bit quieter in recent games, but Koeman seems to really like the pressing job he's doing further up the pitch.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

March 13, 2017, 04:55:05 PM
Reply #24

toffee_scot

Hopefully Baines is back for the next game as I don't want to see Funes Mori at left back.

Really feel for McCarthy, he's had awful luck with injuries in the last 2 years, wonder if he'll ever get over his hamstring problems. At least for the moment we have plenty of available options in midfield.

As for Besic, looks like this season is pretty much a write off as he is still going through his rehabilitation. Again, there is no real rush to have him back in the side. Lets see how he gets on in pre-season.

March 13, 2017, 05:06:40 PM
Reply #25

BlueBeagle

Because in those three years he's not had a chance to showcase his talents.

He's young and hungry, and under a new manager (one he can learn everything from regarding his position) might be a revelation. He deserves that chance because, well that's what everyone deserves... a chance.

You write as tho it's the lad's choice to get injured.

And why the fuck are you so hung up on how much he's being paid? Is it making you lighter in the pocket? 20k is peanuts in this day and age.

How long do you give someone? Shall we keep him till he's 30?

3 years is ample time to give someone. If he can't get fit, tough. On your way. Sorry but that's life.

I'm not hung up about his wage at all and none of my posts suggest I am. I don't care how much he's paid but it is a fact that he has contributed nothing in 3 years.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 05:16:15 PM by BlueBeagle »

March 13, 2017, 06:46:46 PM
Reply #26

Lxxx

3 years is ample time to give someone. If he can't get fit, tough. On your way. Sorry but that's life.

I'm not hung up about his wage at all and none of my posts suggest I am. I don't care how much he's paid but it is a fact that he has contributed nothing in 3 years.

You say on your way but where? You can't offload someone who has no recent history of playing football. What manager wants a perma-crock with no pedigree who is on 20k/week. What chairman will sanction it.

We're stuck with him so the best thing for all concerned is a loan move to get him some games and see if he can prove anything playing regular elsewhere.

March 14, 2017, 01:27:35 AM
Reply #27

Jamokachi

Am I advocating lengthening his contract anywhere in my previous post? No. But do continue with your inane hyperbole.

The lad is coming back from injury, under a new manager with a new system (both training and playing). If it works out for him when fit (which looks to be sooner rather than later based on reports) great. If it doesn't, so be it. But to get rid before Koeman has had a chance to see what he can do when fully fit would be a bit folly. If then he's deemed not good enough we part ways, safe in the knowledge that he's not what's needed in midfield so be it. No harm done.

March 14, 2017, 02:18:49 AM
Reply #28

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He deserves a chance under Koeman.

He got injured in pre season so hasn't had the chance to show Koeman what he's got.

I get the feeling Koeman would like him as a player.

Although, maybe we would be better off getting rid of both Besic and McCarthy and spending that money on a quality centre mid.

March 14, 2017, 04:45:24 AM
Reply #29

Heisenberg

Everton fans are really weird for writing players off. But the case of Besic has been very weird. He has actually looked really promising when he's played and could be a decent squad player for europa next season. Offers more than McCarthy and Gibson