October 19, 2017, 07:07:10 AM

Author Topic: [News]Baines suffers back injury as McCarthy struggles with fitness again  (Read 2440 times)

March 14, 2017, 07:11:37 AM
Reply #30

Shogun

Administrator
Agree with sending him out on loan.

If they stay up then Bournemouth are crying out for a midfielder like him.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

deCoubertin

March 14, 2017, 07:39:36 AM
Reply #31

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Who would you drop in midfield to give him a chance though? He's not in the same league as any of our midfielders.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

March 14, 2017, 08:15:51 AM
Reply #32

Jamokachi

He's not in the same league as any of our midfielders.

No one really knows that yet though

March 14, 2017, 08:19:09 AM
Reply #33

Shogun

Administrator
Barry was our best CM until the start of this season, things change quickly in football

March 14, 2017, 03:33:45 PM
Reply #34

Lxxx

No one really knows that yet though

But we've no need to find out.

Best he goes elsewhere for a season to gain some game time. We always have someone like Liam Walsh for an occasional midfielder if needed in the early round cup games or Europa dead rubbers if we have a few injuries. Sitting in the stands every week when fit, or on the bench at best, does no-one any good.

March 14, 2017, 04:09:27 PM
Reply #35

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He's a bit old to be going out on loan isn't he?

March 14, 2017, 04:14:00 PM
Reply #36

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Not really. Look at some of the ages our loanees are, and consider players like Arteta and Pienaar who came to us on loan.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

March 14, 2017, 04:32:04 PM
Reply #37

formerKHL

I think a lot of people are missing the boat with Besic...from what I've seen mostly I've been impressed with him when he's played...energetic, good in the tackle, breaks play up, plays the ball simply, gets back and helps in defence and can pick a forward pass...

agree his injuries haven't helped him...but he doesn't choose to get injured...

our whole backroom medical team has changed from last year so lets hope he comes back stronger and fitter when the time is right for him...

rather than just write him off...

March 14, 2017, 04:42:44 PM
Reply #38

Shogun

Administrator

March 14, 2017, 04:54:38 PM
Reply #39

Ramjam

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 14, 2017, 05:02:45 PM
Reply #40

Lxxx

He's also a bit old to be sat in the stands when fit, which is what he'd be doing as 5th choice central midfielder. There's no way out the door as no-one would buy him and no way into the 1st team so a spell building up some match fitness at a decent level would work in everyone's favour.

March 14, 2017, 05:24:43 PM
Reply #41

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
We play 2 holding mids
Next season, Barry wil be 45 so will be rarely played

That would leave Gueye, Schneiderlin, Mccarthy and Besic - Not bad options.
Hopefully we will be playing 60 games so that would give them all ample game time

If Koeman chose to get rid, fair enough, I think however, he will want to have a look at him first before just cutting the lad off. On paper at least, Besic seems to have all the traits and skill sets that Koeman looks for

Simply simply lovely

March 16, 2017, 04:11:23 PM
Reply #42

Ramjam

Just to get away from the Lukaku saga for a bit, Luke Shaw is out of favour at Man U and I know he's had a bad injury but would he be a player worth a punt to bring in at left back, I do think that we've seen the best of Baines unfortunately
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 16, 2017, 09:54:46 PM
Reply #43

Lincs Toffee

Just to get away from the Lukaku saga for a bit, Luke Shaw is out of favour at Man U and I know he's had a bad injury but would he be a player worth a punt to bring in at left back, I do think that we've seen the best of Baines unfortunately
Nahh hes too fat !.....joking aside, I wouldn't mind him here to be honest, has shown he can do a job on the left, both defensively and going forward, maybe Ron could get the best out of him. Not sure Galloway is ready yet but good as a back up.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

March 17, 2017, 12:10:49 AM
Reply #44

WeimaranerBlues

Any one know how baines is doing, fitness wise