April 29, 2017, 10:28:01 AM

Poll

Europa yay or nay?

We're all going on a European tour
56 (96.6%)
Brexit
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Europa League hindrance or help  (Read 1900 times)

March 13, 2017, 08:52:58 PM
Reply #45

Rodenplav64

On the subject of Europe , I have just read that the referee in the Barcelona v PSG game could be demoted for his performance by none other than Pierluigi Collina . Cheeky cunt .

March 13, 2017, 08:57:43 PM
Reply #46

Danny

Think we'd have definitely won it that year if we'd beaten Fiorentina on pens, could be wrong but it would have been Rangers and then Zenit who we'd already beaten.

March 13, 2017, 09:45:20 PM
Reply #47

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Hey! Chingedy ching,
(Hee-haw, hee-haw)
It's Dominic the stiker.
Chingedy ching,
(Hee-haw, hee-haw)
The English Everton striker.
(La la la-la la-la la la la la)
(La la la-la la-la la-ee-oh-da)
Koemans got a little friend,
His name is Dominic.
The cutest little striker,
You always see him kick.

I very seldom use the tool button. That got me close tho
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Aruna Kone, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 14, 2017, 04:47:45 AM
Reply #48

Heisenberg

Never look forward to europa. But I'm looking forward to it under a manager who actually has ambition and will want to win it, instead of just compete in it

March 14, 2017, 04:20:50 PM
Reply #49

formerKHL

Logically for Everton Football Club the EL is a step in the right direction in the bigger scheme of things moving forward and progressing..

The idea we could successfully compete all the way in all competitions (or most of the way) will be decided by the players we invest in and the quality/size of the squad we have/get..

There's lot of games to play in the EL/PL/FA Cup/League Cup over the course of successful cup runs...

The biggest benefit for EFC in the EL next season is Koeman..his experience and success in European football is excellent..however, his determination to be successful could also be our downfall in terms of how far we go in all competitions if our squad isn't both quality in size and players....the further we go..the more we may struggle...hopefully not if investment is maximised...

March 14, 2017, 10:33:28 PM
Reply #50

American Evertonian

You have to look at teams like Atletico Madrid and Seville who both took the comp very seriously won it multiple times and then kicked on in other aspects. We must follow this model.

This. Pretty much clubs of our level in their own league in terms of financial clout. We should use emulate their model
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

March 14, 2017, 10:49:26 PM
Reply #51

Lxxx

I just think it's bonkers people would rather we play in less competitions than more. Do people really think we're a top 4 side and by playing in the Europa League we're damaging our chances of finishing in the elite positions in the league above more established teams with more money, bigger squads and better players? Madness.

March 14, 2017, 10:52:55 PM
Reply #52

Major Clanger

I just think it's bonkers people would rather we play in less competitions than more. Do people really think we're a top 4 side and by playing in the Europa League we're damaging our chances of finishing in the elite positions in the league above more established teams with more money, bigger squads and better players? Madness.

To be fair, that's 2 people. Out of 53 votes.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 14, 2017, 10:54:51 PM
Reply #53

Lxxx

To be fair, that's 2 people. Out of 53 votes.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

That's two mad men in our midsts. Two too many.

March 15, 2017, 04:32:20 AM
Reply #54

Alfie Noakes

That's two mad men in our midsts. Two too many.

There were certainly more than 2 mad men on here on that other European thread last year.

March 16, 2017, 03:16:18 AM
Reply #55

Everton Mint

Koeman with Soton in the EL...

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2016/clubs/club=52923/matches/index.html

But seriously, its not going to be easy for us and people will need to keep their expectations in check regarding Everton & European success.

Look at Man City... £millions and £millions spent & they brought in the 'best manager in Europe' and still they cant crack the CL... :snigger:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 03:33:31 AM by Everton Mint »

March 16, 2017, 03:40:09 AM
Reply #56

Lxxx

Koeman with Soton in the EL...

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2016/clubs/club=52923/matches/index.html

But seriously, its not going to be easy for us and people will need to keep their expectations in check regarding Everton & European success.

Look at Man City... £millions and £millions spent & they brought in the 'best manager in Europe' and still they cant crack the CL... :snigger:

Better standard of team in a different competition. We'll piss it.

March 16, 2017, 03:44:34 AM
Reply #57

Bluebridge

Didn't midgitland beat Man U that season?

March 17, 2017, 09:49:13 PM
Reply #58

Everton Mint

English teams are doing shite in Europe (again) this season, but plenty of Spanish & German teams are going well.

Hope I'm wrong, but like our fellow PL teams I can see us heading for disappointment in the EL next year.

March 17, 2017, 09:54:32 PM
Reply #59

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Never look forward to europa. But I'm looking forward to it under a manager who actually has ambition and will want to win it, instead of just compete in it
unlike Martinez or what are you on about. At Southampton he was knocked out of the competition first time of asking...but then again Southampton played Mighty Midtjylland of Herning Denmark, And by the Way Midtjylland was far the Best team over the 2 legs