December 15, 2017, 10:40:23 AM

Author Topic: [News]Lukaku deal still very much on the table  (Read 3818 times)

March 16, 2017, 04:47:35 AM
Reply #45

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
So he wants us to sign players to win things

Well fuck you romelu. We are quite happy muddling along thank you

Simply simply lovely

deCoubertin

March 16, 2017, 04:56:31 AM
Reply #46

Jamokachi

Lukaku's interview

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/romelu-lukaku-everton-frustration-signings-12747512

Don't see anything wrong with what he's said, in fact it seems as though it's a:

"show me the ambition and I'll sign" rather than "I want out"

March 16, 2017, 04:58:12 AM
Reply #47

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Don't see anything wrong with what he's said, in fact it seems as though it's a:

Yeah, very positive.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 16, 2017, 05:05:28 AM
Reply #48

ally2

I don't agree with him. I expect us to sign better players then the ones he thinks we may have missed out on. And we're may not have wanted them. Gabbiadini for example is talented but was well known as a bit flaky. I expect him to drop off after a while but we will see. Perez? Hardly set the world alight. But this narrative fits what Koeman was saying at the end of last summer. This could be mutually beneficial arrangement between Rom and Ron if they both knew he was leaving this summer way back in September.

March 16, 2017, 05:05:43 AM
Reply #49

Macca77

Spot on

March 16, 2017, 05:45:02 AM
Reply #50

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
The only thing I disagree with there is the comparison to what happened at City. Those were different times, before the money explosion from TV, before FFP. He's ambitious - good. He actually wants what we crave, signings and the future to be part of winning, legendary teams
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 16, 2017, 06:10:29 AM
Reply #51

American Evertonian

Have zero problem with what he said at all. Hopefully it lights a fire under the board's ass to make things happen this summer to keep him around. Need to show ambition. He has no ties to us so why would he stick around for a 10 year project. I'd do the same if I was him.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

March 16, 2017, 06:31:23 AM
Reply #52

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Only thing that has me confused is he doesn't know the boards plans. Thought the project was well known.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

March 16, 2017, 08:28:53 AM
Reply #53

Ramjam

Only thing that has me confused is he doesn't know the boards plans. Thought the project was well known.

He's employed to play football, the board is there to make decisions on behalf of the club, it's not Lukaku's job to quiz the board, buy players nor pick the team. He should do his job to the best of his ability which he does and leave the rest to others within the club.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 08:31:31 AM by Ramjam »
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 16, 2017, 11:22:49 AM
Reply #54

blue1948

Rough translation:I'm boss, everyone else in the team is shite. Why didn't we sign Gabbiadini?

Well if that is your interpretation , I would love your take on the bible or quran

March 16, 2017, 12:26:06 PM
Reply #55

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Ha I read that and thought well at least that will calm everyone down as that's all very reasonable etc.

Nope.

:eh:

March 16, 2017, 01:23:21 PM
Reply #56

Lxxx

You can imagine Leighton Baines rolling his eyes when he opens the Echo app on his phone when he wakes up this morning.

March 16, 2017, 01:45:08 PM
Reply #57

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah...I'd expect a bit of buzz around the changies but obviously not.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 16, 2017, 03:33:09 PM
Reply #58

MmmBlueRamirez

Why should Lukaku be informed of all the boards plans? We pay him to score a fuckton of goals, not be well informed on what carat gold Moshisi shitter is going to be plated at the Bramley Dock Megadome.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

March 16, 2017, 03:36:18 PM
Reply #59

Bluedylan

Why should Lukaku be informed of all the boards plans? We pay him to score a fuckton of goals, not be well informed on what carat gold Moshisi shitter is going to be plated at the Bramley Dock Megadome.

Well I don't imagine he asks for regular updates. But when contract renewal time comes around, he's going to ask about the plans like any top player would who wants to win things. And we should be selling it to him, the way clubs who want to keep their best players do.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.