September 22, 2017, 05:02:54 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman: Our final pass today was terrible!  (Read 2018 times)

March 19, 2017, 08:45:07 PM
Reply #30

blue1948

Gonna have to change youor name to Major Caveat fella
'

Brilliant

deCoubertin

March 19, 2017, 08:48:06 PM
Reply #31

blue1948

What I meant was when you do everything like you've always done (or at least so you think), but still things don't work out for you. When you feel that you've got things right tactically, the players have the ability and the fitness to carry it out, yet you still can't buy a result. Players start to lose faith in your methods, the fans are getting on your back and you've got to stand in front of the cameras after another midweek loss away at Watford or somewhere, and convince everybody that you've got a handle on all this and can turn things around.

The sort of situation that took Moyes half a season to climb out of, and for Martinez, well he never did. Once the players lost their confidence, that was it. When telling the exact truth in public doesn't necessarily help, but neither is pretending that things are just fine.

If Koeman can deal with these blips quickly and without losing credibility, we're onto something really good.

Yes, we were poor at the end of last year but we also had some ready-made excuses and mitigating factors, not least of all the "new manager" honeymoon period.

Well OK I don't agree with everything you typed but I am sure your heart is in the right place -Goodison -and that is enough for me

March 21, 2017, 04:47:37 AM
Reply #32

bornblue88

It seems as though our lack of respect for our opposition manifests itself as taking it easy on them and not bullying them as it should be. we should have been 4-0 up in the first half but we were just pissing about and moving the ball slowly. Fortunately hull are crap and they didn't really threaten us at any point. 

March 21, 2017, 05:11:55 AM
Reply #33

tinytheoz

It seems as though our lack of respect for our opposition manifests itself as taking it easy on them and not bullying them as it should be. we should have been 4-0 up in the first half but we were just pissing about and moving the ball slowly. Fortunately hull are crap and they didn't really threaten us at any point.
Tend to agree. The play was fluently slow. No cutting edge or urgency to score a second. Always felt we could up the tempo if Hull scored but if that would have been late on we could have come unstuck.

March 21, 2017, 03:42:42 PM
Reply #34

Lxxx

What he probably meant was we made hard work of putting a relatively easy game to bed.
Could and should have been done and dusted a lot earlier than the last 15 minutes.

March 22, 2017, 02:17:43 AM
Reply #35

minty

I didn't think the final pass was terrible at all. If you look at the first three goals, there's at least one excellent pass leading to all three of them. I thought the build up passes in midfield were the problem yesterday, which is nice to say after a 4-0 win.

I think 3 of the goals coming when they were down to 10 men has a lot to do with why he made the comments.