June 23, 2018, 01:49:51 PM

Author Topic: Cenk Tosun  (Read 48715 times)

January 02, 2018, 02:39:02 AM
Reply #525

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Unarsed about an unknown striker from Turkey, the last time we signed an unknown striker turned out well didn't it.

We have other targets

So tell us who those other targets are please ?

January 02, 2018, 02:42:01 AM
Reply #526

Waltzer

I hate responses like this, there are about 8000 teams out there, I'm sure there are more strikers than Tosun available, who, if like me most had never even heard of last week!!

January 02, 2018, 02:42:24 AM
Reply #527

KoemansNumberTens

We need to get something resembling value. If he's not that anymore move on. If he is pay it quick.

Worst thing we can do is fuck about and still get ripped off

Think just about everyone saw us coming last window. Let's hope we've learned some lessons

January 02, 2018, 02:55:54 AM
Reply #528

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I hate responses like this, there are about 8000 teams out there, I'm sure there are more strikers than Tosun available, who, if like me most had never even heard of last week!!

Sorry to say that I hate your response more than you hate mine ! Thank you for telling me there are about 8000 teams out there, actually I think I knew that ! He said forget him “We have other targets “
Was simply curious to know who they were, perhaps you know then ?

January 02, 2018, 03:01:31 AM
Reply #529

Waltzer

Sorry to say that I hate your response more than you hate mine ! Thank you for telling me there are about 8000 teams out there, actually I think I knew that ! He said forget him "We have other targets "
Was simply curious to know who they were, perhaps you know then ?
Unless you're implying either of us work as part of the scouting network, are Allardyce, Walsh, Kenwright or Moshiri  then I'm pretty sure you knots the answer to your own question.

January 02, 2018, 03:15:19 AM
Reply #530

charlatan

If he is our no.1 striker target, just fucking pay it.  We are clueless going forwards.  DCL has potential, but is nowhere near good enough for us at the moment.  Niasse is as bad as Koeman thought he was.

January 02, 2018, 03:16:31 AM
Reply #531

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Unless you're implying either of us work as part of the scouting network, are Allardyce, Walsh, Kenwright or Moshiri  then I'm pretty sure you knots the answer to your own question.

So if you don’t know that we have other targets out there don’t say that we do, simple as that, thanks for coming anyway.

January 02, 2018, 03:18:33 AM
Reply #532

Macca77

I wouldnt know, we pay our dof a shit load of money to look for players, if be fails again then fuck him off.

Or lets just bend over and pay the money

January 02, 2018, 03:21:25 AM
Reply #533

GrantyBoy78

The only thing I'd say is if we think we were paying over the odds anyway.

But that's why we need make a quick decision.
It’s January and we’re desperate, we’ll have to pay way over the odds anyway. But agree; there is over the odds and way, way over the odds.

January 02, 2018, 03:22:16 AM
Reply #534

ally2

I wouldnt know, we pay our dof a shit load of money to look for players, if be fails again then fuck him off.

Or lets just bend over and pay the money

You've confused DOF with chief scout

January 02, 2018, 03:24:42 AM
Reply #535

GrantyBoy78

If he’s been identified as our top target then we need to have the courage of our convictions and just get him - even if we pay over the odds, it shouldn’t really matter if we’re confident he’ll be a success.

January 02, 2018, 03:30:29 AM
Reply #536

bluestevie

Why on earth do we bother negotiating with Turkish clubs? Look at how much arsing about there was with Fenerbache over Yobo for 3 years, and wasn't there an issue with Trabzonspor over Kevin Campbell too?
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

January 02, 2018, 03:31:39 AM
Reply #537

Mayor Farnum

If he’s been identified as our top target then we need to have the courage of our convictions and just get him - even if we pay over the odds, it shouldn’t really matter if we’re confident he’ll be a success.

But there is our constant dilemma. We are forced to buy from an unproven market with nothing more to offer him than the chance to earn more money than he ever dreamed of. If we get too many of these decisions wrong we pay a hefty price.

January 02, 2018, 03:41:03 AM
Reply #538

Waltzer

So if you don't know that we have other targets out there don't say that we do, simple as that, thanks for coming anyway.
Direct quote from Sam when asked about Tosun, or does this not count as he hasn't said who they are? 

“We are interested in him and many others,” Allardyce said during his press conference ahead of Everton’s trip to 18th-place Bournemouth.

January 02, 2018, 03:46:30 AM
Reply #539

Macca77

You've confused DOF with chief scout

Was it not our DOF who flew over to Turkey to finalise the deal