December 14, 2017, 11:09:15 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 62469 times)

October 02, 2017, 05:20:01 AM
Reply #1110

Ridge

I thought we look impressive when Unsworth took charge before, took a team bereft of confidence and got them playing very quickly. He knows the club, the players, and has had a good view of the problems. If you're going to develop coaches or players you have to test the water at some point. I was worried we would appoint him last time, this time he'd be my preference and hope he proves he deserves job long term.

He knows the youngsters he can bring through, the dynamics and connections you can start to build around. Any new manager has got a difficult job assembling a collection of players into a team. Unsworth gives us time to consider alternative options and see what he can do, if it doesn't improve things we can get someone else.

Koeman has reintroduced a fear of bigger clubs, but this season we've looked terrible against opponents we should be beating and performances had been getting worse. We don't look capable of creating anything and I thought the situation was bad last season.

I'd be happy enough with Marco Silva failing that, but see it as a matter of time now.

deCoubertin

October 02, 2017, 05:38:35 AM
Reply #1111

D_murph0278

Unfortunately we're going to wait until we're out of all the important stuff.

We might get something at Brighton in a couple of weeks in the league. We'll then draw with Lyon at home, lose to Arsenal at home, get knocked out of the league cup at Chelsea and then we'll get battered by Lyon in France and he'll get sacked.

You know what, that's exactly what'll happen. Either way, only Everton could get the financial backing the club have been wanting for years, and then go and fuck it all up in the space of 18 months.
As for Koeman, the team have never played to any sort of style or balance since he's been there. He just had the 7th best squad of players at his disposal and a bloke who scored 20 + for him.
His handling of Barkley, Niasse and Lookman also, has been shocking to say the least. It's coming back to bite him on the arse in a big way though now. The arrogant Dutch fucker.
Get rid, get Unsy in for the remainder of the season and see where team spirit, attacking intent and man management takes us.
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

October 02, 2017, 05:46:24 AM
Reply #1112

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Unsworth is a fucking youth coach you gang of head the balls
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 02, 2017, 05:53:35 AM
Reply #1113

D_murph0278

Youth? As in under 23's??
What are you getting at???
We went down the proven international big ego track last time and look at us now. Or maybe you want Big Sam or Brendan Rodgers in.
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

October 02, 2017, 05:57:19 AM
Reply #1114

kewns23

Mate they've all got to start somewhere
The only saying give him a chance!

Fuck we keep going for these so called great managers and they turn out shite

Why not give unsy a chance he's done well at youth level!!

I would rather have a hungry manager trying to prove than an over hill big bollocks who thinks the better than the club!!

It may not work with unsy even so I won't someone no ones heard off
Like silva when he came to hull
No one new fuck he was!!

At least with unsworth he's been here and knows the team!!
Ever in need of a Printer speak too me or check out our ebay shop
Blakes-Emporium
<a href = "http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Blakes-Emporium?_trksid=p2047675.l2563">

October 02, 2017, 06:06:07 AM
Reply #1115

Shogun

Administrator
There's no sure-thing test to prove whether a potential manager is good enough or not, just as there isn't for a player.

Ross Barkley was shite at Leeds on loan but it doesn't mean he wasn't going to make it as a Premier League player.
Tom Davies didn't even go out on loan but took his chance and proved he was Premier League quality.

We have the opportunity to give Unsworth that platform to see if he's good enough and he couldn't have done anything more in his current position to earn that chance.

Of course Ancellotti or Tuchel should be priority but it's also unlikely.

If Unsworth fails (and it's very unlikely he'd be so disastrous we ended up relegated) then hold off until the end of the season when other managers are available.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 02, 2017, 06:34:24 AM
Reply #1116

SANA_DR0

has anybody seen this?

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

October 02, 2017, 06:43:31 AM
Reply #1117

Realist

has anybody seen this?

Yeah Koeman's pathetic mate

October 02, 2017, 06:47:10 AM
Reply #1118

sam of the south

has anybody seen this?

Did Sharpy say "unfortunately"?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 02, 2017, 06:53:51 AM
Reply #1119

SANA_DR0

Did Sharpy say "unfortunately"?

LOL

almost as bad as Koemans perfect defeat comment.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

October 02, 2017, 07:09:42 AM
Reply #1120

eyesalwaysblue

Sharp didn't have to say owt the look on his face was saying it all....
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 02, 2017, 08:07:49 AM
Reply #1121

Ridge

I really wouldn't be surprised if he went tomorrow, he got a better performance in first half hour, but the goal removed hope. We don't have that creative player with individual quality? I agree, but Koeman had opportunity to make priority or address, I think once he goes from blaming it on the players he inherited, to ones bought under his tenure or the ones not bought under his tenure, he's really taking the piss.

I think he was generally trying to be more overly positive about performance and players. But you just can't sit around with 140m players and blame a lack of creativity, options or quality. If Koeman's priority was creativity or a goalscorer, or he had a problem with the business, he's waited until the wrong time to realise it or make it known.

I think Kenwright has been loyal to managers, and him and Moshiri took a while to get rid of Martinez, but I think we are in similar territory despite differing timescales. They will recognise the situation and know that it's becoming near impossible for him to be able to turn it around, and the level of fan anger, so why persist when clearly a major problem long term.

October 02, 2017, 08:56:31 AM
Reply #1122

Evertonian in NC

It would be interesting (to me) whether the next permanent manager conditions their acceptance on ending the Rooney experiment. Not like he is the only problem, but building your attack around him makes no sense whatsoever, and the end result speaks for itself.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 02, 2017, 09:58:40 AM
Reply #1123

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Am right in thinking he was your favourite player as well?

That must hurt man

Like you can't believe. Idolized him growing up and modelled myself on him. Was a CB who could always kick the hardest and took all the free kicks etc etc. Just not a fan of him as our manager from day 1. He doesn't get us. He shouldn't be here. Martinez understood us and got us. He has his failings but while he was here, he was one of us.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 02, 2017, 12:57:09 PM
Reply #1124

BlueBeagle

I thought we look impressive when Unsworth took charge before, took a team bereft of confidence and got them playing very quickly.

He managed us for 1 game in a dead rubber against an already relegated team, who frankly didn't want to be there, on the final day of the season.