December 15, 2017, 02:24:04 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman: It's not as negative as everybody is thinking  (Read 2909 times)

September 30, 2017, 06:14:40 PM
Reply #30

everton1952

Sorry but I am so wound up over the mess at Everton I have put the following Echo quotation on another thread as well. It is worth reading if anyone does not bother with the Echo. I could not find the video of it.  Koeman said:
The Dutchman was in candid mood on Friday afternoon at Finch Farm says he felt “s**t” after the game but is refusing to wallow in self-pity and remains determined to “make Everton a better team”.
Koeman also continues to dispute the perception that the club have spent heavily this summer and once again pointed to the amount of money the club received in player sales.
And when asked if he was worried about his situation, Koeman said he wouldn’t be losing any sleep over his future. “No. No. No. No. Not worried,” he said.
“Why do I need to be worried? Because the fans are unhappy?
“No. All the teams have spent more money. Huddersfield spent £30-£35m. We spent £50m. £45m.”
“It’s how you look to this situation!” he added.
“Even in Holland, they are saying “Look, they spent £150m! Look how they play!” Yeah? But we lost players. And we spent £40m or £45m. Why you speak always about £150m? You know that £150m now, four years ago it was £25m! If Lukaku was sold after Neymar, maybe Lukaku was going to be £130m! It’s not about money.”
Read More
Wayne Rooney fit for Everton's game with Burnley after scan
Quizzed again as to why he was not concerned about his future, Koeman said: “And what? I should be worried about my future?
“I am not worried about my future because I have belief in myself and the players.
“Finally, if the club makes another decision it is up to the club. If I am worried about my situation, how can you live?
“Enjoy life. I was s**t after yesterday, but now I am different.
“I can emotional and frustrated and I can be more disappointed than maybe the players and I know this situation.
“I like to continue and I like to finish the contract but I am not worried. If you are worried in this job, there is no life.
“There are 20 Premier League clubs, 20 managers, maybe 10-12-13 managers worried every day about their job?
I do my best. I live 24-hours for football and to make Everton a better team and to win more games. I cannot do more, if it is not good enough, it is not good enough but that is my experience. I was in Valencia five, six months....that happens. “It happens to everybody. Ancelotti, Van Gaal, Mourinho.”
Following Thursday night’s draw, Koeman repeated his belief that Everton’s squad are afraid, so how does he instil his levels of confidence in the players?
“The players don’t see a different attitude of the manager compared to last season,” he said.
No. No. I will do the same. I will fight every second of the day to make the team better and to make the right choices and of course everyone can have their opinion. I respect that.
“In football that is normal. If you don’t win, you have problems. Lets hope for a good after match press conference on Sunday!”
Asked if he had to secure a win against Burnley, Koeman said: “… West Ham need to win this weekend, Crystal Palace need to win this weekend, Liverpool needs to win this weekend.”

deCoubertin

September 30, 2017, 06:15:35 PM
Reply #31

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

September 30, 2017, 06:25:11 PM
Reply #32

Bluedylan

£220M what? Koeman has just said we spent £54 - 50M - look at the Echo report of his statement that we spent only a little more than Huddersfield. I cannot find an Echo interview video to show him talking about this and his own job. The one described as a preview of the Burnley game is not the one. If someone can find the interview which talks about what was spent and about himself feeling like "shit" after the game and whether he might be sacked or not, I would like to see it.

No it's not £220m net, of course. But he has spent £220m on HIS OWN players in a year and a bit. That's still a vast amount of money for the overwhelming majority of clubs in world football, aside from the elite. And here we are getting dominated for large portions by a team 8th in the Cypriot league.

We probably need to take 4 points minimum off Lyon to stay in the Europa League already. It's not even close to good enough and there are no excuses with a £220m outlay (which most managers would dream of).
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 30, 2017, 06:29:10 PM
Reply #33

SANA_DR0

it is shocking that he is not worried, even more shocking that he doesn't see his team selection/formation and the style of the team as worrying, If the the vast majority of the fans can see it, why can't he??
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 30, 2017, 06:33:15 PM
Reply #34

Bluedylan

it is shocking that he is not worried, even more shocking that he doesn't see his team selection/formation and the style of the team as worrying, If the the vast majority of the fans can see it, why can't he??

Sounds slightly defeatist and accepting of the inevitable to me, referencing his sacking at Valencia without being prompted to. That's quite an insight into his thinking.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 30, 2017, 06:40:02 PM
Reply #35

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He's saying he's not worried about his job (although he probably is). He is right in that aspect, you should never dwell too long on your failures (it's a waste of time), but learn from them and be better next time. That is the correct mentality to have, and one that every successful person must have. I have no problem with that part of his statement.

However, the real question is can and does he learn from those mistakes in failure? That is the true measure of a really successful person.

But he is spouting absolute bollocks on the spend. He has spent in excess of 150 million, it doesn't matter what money has come in, he still spent 150 million plus. It's his team now apart from Baines.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

September 30, 2017, 06:40:13 PM
Reply #36

SANA_DR0

Sounds slightly defeatist and accepting of the inevitable to me, referencing his sacking at Valencia without being prompted to. That's quite an insight into his thinking.

True, sounds like, 'why should i worry, i cant get the team to play how i want,' its not my fault,
also the not accepting the negativity shows how much passion he has, and that same passion has rubbed off on the players.

I hope/wish he can change his mindset, and that translates onto the pitch, For that, he needs to start getting Goodison behind him.

I feel he referenced Valencia due to not having enough time there, but sub consciously he fears that we will become worse than when he was at Valencia.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 30, 2017, 06:49:46 PM
Reply #37

Ross

Can't believe he's using the forum favourite "£150m is like £25m...." nonsense.

He's struggling for excuses with shit like that and talk of net spend.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 30, 2017, 06:51:54 PM
Reply #38

plumber

Positive thing is the knowledge and intelligence of Everton fans. Random Twitter or NSNO poster seems to know his football better than one of the best Premier league managers.

September 30, 2017, 07:07:02 PM
Reply #39

SANA_DR0

Positive thing is the knowledge and intelligence of Everton fans. Random Twitter or NSNO poster seems to know his football better than one of the best Premier league managers.

how do you equate Koeman as one of the best Premier league managers?

do you mean in the Premier league right now? or in the history of the Premier league?  or during a set time period?

again, how have you come to that conclusion? What has he won? whats his win loss %?

Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 30, 2017, 07:07:23 PM
Reply #40

ally2

Think he's making th epoint that fees have massively increased regardless of who you are so hanging one one tranfer window spend doesn't really mean much but anyway carry on fuming.

September 30, 2017, 07:22:21 PM
Reply #41

SANA_DR0

lol whose fuming? im embarrassed by koeman., his version of events/reality are comedic to say the least.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 30, 2017, 07:48:36 PM
Reply #42

gizzblue

Hahahahahaha he's not even one of the best managers at Everton let alone the prem 😅😅

September 30, 2017, 08:19:53 PM
Reply #43

kramer0

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer."

September 30, 2017, 08:45:07 PM
Reply #44

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
It's bad but I'm not even sure it's Roberto at his worst bad, never mind Smith or Walker

It's nowhere near Roberto levels. Under Roberto we were shite for the best part of two years. This season (which actually started off reasonably well) begun 6 weeks ago.