November 24, 2017, 03:17:38 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
The Everton Forum / Re: Everton v Atalanta
« Last post by Ell Capitan on 4 minutes ago »
Official attendance was 17,431 !  Where do I collect my prize Gash ?

Whilst I'm not usually a fan of the "look at me I was right" post, this was actually an impressive guess. Have a like.
The Everton Forum / Re: Unsworth
« Last post by dunkster on 7 minutes ago »
Any manager watching that last night will think at least twice about coming here now.
« Last post by Rodenplav64 on 8 minutes ago »
I think Unsworth should have a clear idea about who doesn't even make the bench on Sunday . The players were a disgrace last night and his and anyones job is going to be made difficult by the fact . I wish he would just play 4-4-2 even if that means leaving players out of this disjointed mess . Even if he only has one game left stick to a formation for the whole game and don't change it . Its too easy to say last night meant fuck all ( to the payers anyway ) because it means something to us to get smashed at home . I am not sold on Silva but I will take him as like Super Kev said last night it gives stability . Unsworth I son a tightrope from week to week and it just isn't fair to leave him in the firing line while the board dither .
The Everton Forum / Re: Who should we go for?
« Last post by BlueMaquis on 9 minutes ago »
Need to look at it and see that despite being awful for most of the season, there are still teams that have got less points than us, that despite using tactics selected by the tumble dryer for the past few games we’ve still managed to score and get some results etc.

Everton: Everything but the worst is good enough.
« Last post by Escla on 9 minutes ago »
17,362 (including 4,000 Italians and 63 Germans)

Official attendance was 17,431 !  Where do I collect my prize Gash ?
« Last post by brap2 on 10 minutes ago »
Is he alright like
« Last post by Rhys on 19 minutes ago »
Missed the second half of this, and most of the first half actually. What happened with e Feeney sub? Why was he put on at RB? Or was that the cause of the goals..?

He brought feeney on for Kenny and went 3 at the back with Davies right wing back (well he played deeper than the back 3 for some reason) and martina left wing back. Rooney and baningime in centre midfield with some kind of front 3 of Sandro, DCL and vlasic. They brought on cornelius moved him onto feeney and basically he could just walk through him. And like other games, Atalanta away, United away, arsenal home heads completely crumbled when goals started going in and they missed about 5 chances in between the 4th and 5th goals.

That sub was bad but it was the general formation changes throughout the game which were bizarre. Started the game with 4-4-2, second half came out with 4-2-3-1 then went through a load of variations of formations, spells of 2 up front, diamonds, 4-3-3 and each time players were playing different roles on the pitch. How can you have any idea what you are meant to he doing if you change formation and role in the team every 5-10 minutes in the half?

The game ultimately was meaningless in terms of the competition but not for our confidence moving forward. Same as in Lyon a draw wouldn't have been the end of the world for morale so I don't know why he didn't just go for a solid shape, be organised and make it very hard to score. See if we can keep a clean sheet and pinch the game as we need solid performances and results to boost confidence.

6 games in charge, 16 goals conceded, conceded at least 2 goals in each game and 2-0 down in 5 out of the 6! He'd have had a chance of getting the job for 6 months if he'd gone defence and organisation first and turned some of the defeats into draws even but he hasn't done that so he has made himself not an option when we seem struggling to get who we want.
I will get excited about the ground move WHEN we reach Premier League safety.
« Last post by Waltzer on 23 minutes ago »
Is this a wind up ? If so not funny, he had the U23's playing out of their skins last season and won the league, have you not seen any of his lads from the U23s ? ah what's the point with you...

The u23s did play extremely well but I do think there are questions that need to be asked about how ready and prepared some of the players are going to be, maybe this is the reason Koeman was reluctant to pick certain players as he felt they were tactically naive?
Make no mistake we werent in a good place when he took over, but we look an absolute shambles now. Unsworth was a defender, yet it doesnt look like he could arrange a piss up in a brewery, we are all over the place. If Feeney is getting taught this at a young age what chance does he have. I think its probably too extreme to get rid of him, but as others have said the squad Unsworth was given for the U23s was remarkably good compared to others.
The Everton Forum / Re: Who should we go for?
« Last post by Macca77 on 28 minutes ago »
#EvertonFirsts

Every cloud and all that
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10