November 24, 2017, 03:13:56 PM

Author Topic: Deadline day thread Summer '17  (Read 18437 times)

September 01, 2017, 08:39:24 PM
Reply #1185

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
That's exactly what I meant. Rather than play Martina out of position without much game-time, I would start preparing Kenny now to play on his wrong foot - which is done quite often with the better full backs. Just in case Baines gets crocked.

Oh right.

Yes well I suppose given that he's 4th choice RB it's unlikely that this will happen!

September 01, 2017, 08:41:26 PM
Reply #1186

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
If we lose that though (let's face it, not unlikely) it's going to be in serious meltdown territory on here.

Isn't that usually the case with any loss?

September 01, 2017, 08:43:19 PM
Reply #1187

Lxxx

Isn't that usually the case with any loss?

Not really. Losing at home against your rival for a European place would rank higher than losing away at the current champions for instance.

September 01, 2017, 09:06:43 PM
Reply #1188

Lincs Toffee

Or I'd sit down with Luke Garbutt, a natural left back and one who showed promise not so long ago, and tell him there is a potential chance to make a career here now so knuckle down and you'll get some game time in the cups first and see how we go.
I've seen both Foulds and Garbutt play this year and would put Garbutt ahead of Foulds on current form ONLY if someone can tell him to stop fucking about with his hair, all game he was running his hands through it etc. No one gives a fuck what you look like Luke lad but we do want you to concentrate and play decent togger
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

September 01, 2017, 09:40:23 PM
Reply #1189

Marky Mark and the funky

I've seen both Foulds and Garbutt play this year and would put Garbutt ahead of Foulds on current form ONLY if someone can tell him to stop fucking about with his hair, all game he was running his hands through it etc. No one gives a fuck what you look like Luke lad but we do want you to concentrate and play decent togger

I would recommended anyone go on youtube and watch the Everton pre-season training drill videos just for a bit of a laugh at the players expense. In particular I thought of this from what you've just said Lincs. I've embedded one from when Stubbs was the coach and he shamelessly ribs any of his kids. Skip to 3 minutes to hear him with Garbutt ;)