June 22, 2018, 11:06:34 AM

Author Topic: Arsene Wenger: Arsenal boss to leave club at end of season  (Read 725 times)

April 20, 2018, 03:58:20 PM
Read 725 times

Toffee1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43834283

April 20, 2018, 04:14:54 PM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
He's about 5 seasons too late. He should have left a great legacy at the club but unfortunately a lot of younger fans will remember him more for limping on to the end rather than what he did in his early years. Although I'd take their position in the last few years over ours. 

Still been a great servant to the club and deserves a lot of credit for what he did, he deserves a decent send off now from the fans.

April 20, 2018, 04:18:32 PM
Reply #2

Toffee1

He's about 5 seasons too late. He should have left a great legacy at the club but unfortunately a lot of younger fans will remember him more for limping on to the end rather than what he did in his early years. Although I'd take their position in the last few years over ours. 

Still been a great servant to the club and deserves a lot of credit for what he did, he deserves a decent send off now from the fans.

Hopefully, that will be with a win in the Europa league final.

Wonder what he will do now though as he did say that football is his life?

April 20, 2018, 04:20:06 PM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

April 20, 2018, 04:23:48 PM
Reply #4

Ross

Been a great manager and deserves all the plaudits that’ll no doubt come his way.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 20, 2018, 04:23:50 PM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

Much as he's been criticised to fuck by everyone on the planet for the last few years, myself included, he'll be missed. Bit of a footballing institution and, glossing over the last few seasons, probably up there with Herbert Chapman as Arsenal's greatest and most significant individual.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 20, 2018, 04:35:08 PM
Reply #6

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

April 20, 2018, 04:35:13 PM
Reply #7

Macca77

A proper legend who's legacy will be slightly tarnished for being stubborn and not quitting a few years ago. I hope they win the Europa now, would be a fitting send off for him.

April 20, 2018, 05:05:31 PM
Reply #8

Macca77

April 20, 2018, 06:13:41 PM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully, that will be with a win in the Europa league final.

Wonder what he will do now though as he did say that football is his life?

Buy a Sky subscription.

Good news for Arsenal, bad news for the rest of the league.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

April 20, 2018, 07:24:02 PM
Reply #10

Bluenose 91

Will be weird to see someone else managing Arsenal.

I'm 26 so never known anything other than Wenger there.  Always used to find it funny when I was younger that his name was Arsene and he managed Arsenal.

He should have went after the last cup win but he's boss and a proper legend of the game tbf.

April 20, 2018, 07:58:51 PM
Reply #11

Redartin

Could scupper things for us

This was my first thought too. Can see us getting rid of that fat cunt and chasing a big name, doing our best to try and persuade them, and in step Arsenal and Nick him.

On the other side of the coin if Kroenke continues to be at logger heads with Moshiri's mate, and they can't agree on the new appointment, he may ditch Arsenal and come to us.

to be continued?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 08:01:05 PM by Redartin »

April 20, 2018, 08:15:52 PM
Reply #12

Major Clanger

Will be weird to see someone else managing Arsenal.

I'm 26 so never known anything other than Wenger there.  Always used to find it funny when I was younger that his name was Arsene and he managed Arsenal.

He should have went after the last cup win but he's boss and a proper legend of the game tbf.

He was out-named for a while though by Wolfgang Wolf who used to manage...Wolfsburg.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

April 20, 2018, 08:32:48 PM
Reply #13

Bluenose 91

He was out-named for a while though by Wolfgang Wolf who used to manage...Wolfsburg.

The undisputed champ there no arguments from me.

April 20, 2018, 10:11:04 PM
Reply #14

Jamokachi